The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just announce for Dos legends on 03/18/16:

-Negro Casas vs Volador Jr. (hair vs hair)

-Maximo vs. Rush (hair vs hair)

-Kamaitachi/Fujin/Raijin/Okumura vs. Valiente/Mistico/Dragon Lee/Mascara Dorada

Great quote from Alfredo - "Okumura calls Fujin & Raijin the future of New Japan Pro Wrestling. They went to conquer Mexico not to learn."

I'll be back to whinge about Lucha Undergound later.

I'm off to Cancun later in the year, is there likely to be any wrestling on around the area?  I've done a bit of searching and there's a Facebook page for Cancun wrestling (http://www.luchalibrecancun.com/) which seems to hold one show a month.  The posters look a bit BritWres tribute show-ish and I've never heard of any of the names, is anyone familiar with it?  I've read there are infrequent shows at a bullring near Cancun too?  I'm not going to October so a bit early to be looking now, but any help would be great.  Is there a website or something that lists upcoming events for Mexican promotions?

You should ask Luchablog, either .com or on Twitter, he seems like a good fella and if anybody would know he would. Konnan said there's wrestling there every two weeks, but I'm not sure that he's really sure or going on memories.

I don't know many, if any people, on that poster but sometimes 'no names' are better than 'stars' who may be phoning it in. Plus it'd probably be fun to see locals wrestling to local fans too.

Cool, will check out luchablog. Thanks.

I kinda thought the same about it bring a local show. We'll have a 5 year old with us who's just getting into wrestling (attended her first show last week and loved it) so if they're the Mexican equivalent of an All Star or similar that would be fine.

Well there's been how many shows since season 2 started? 5? 6? In that amount of time we've had

King Cuerno Vs. Fenix 3 times (counting next weeks episode)

Prince Puma Vs. Pentagon JR twice (counting next weeks episode)

Feuds have seem to begun this season with a match between the two to kick it off

Drago Vs Jack Evans and Cage Vs Johnny Mundo are others we will see more then once it seems.

It's all very repetitive

• Paid Members

This may be tantamount to treason, but I'm not liking Lucha Underground half as much as season one. I dont know if its high standards from last year, but there seems to be a great deal missing from this season. Just not doing it for me.

Yeah it seems to be meandering a bit at the moment. Nothing really seems to be going anywhere. But then again season 1 only really kicked into high gear about half way through so I'm sure everything will pick back up at some point.

It doesn't help that every match this season so far seems to be a rematch of some kind. They need to give Texano and Chavo the chop for sure and bring in some new guys with mad gimmicks.

This may be tantamount to treason, but I'm not liking Lucha Underground half as much as season one. I dont know if its high standards from last year, but there seems to be a great deal missing from this season. Just not doing it for me.

Marco Corleone wrote a sone about that sentiment:

https://soundcloud.com/azucarroc/welcome-to-my-world-by-marco

Sure is Lucha Underground any different to anything else new - people always lap up something that seems different and fresh, only for the TNA esque background staff of WWE cast offs ideas of what's 'entertaining' shines through? Fuck that was a horrible, unwieldy, and confusing sentence worthy of Big Daddy Melzter :(

Aesthetically it's peaked for me. I used to enjoy seeing that set every week but now I just wish they had a proper crowd there.

It's a very dark place.

Literally, or it wouldn't look so cool. Or perhaps you'd see the chants and crowd reactions don't match when Kobra Moon is MMAing it up to ohhhs and ahhs. Take your pick.

Just announce for Dos legends on 03/18/16:

-Negro Casas vs Volador Jr. (hair vs hair)

-Maximo vs. Rush (hair vs hair)

I'm a few weeks behind but Rush/Maximo has come out of nowhere right? i thought we were heading for Rush/Cibernetico.

Both Hair matches will be infinitely better than a Thunder singles match.

Marco Corleone wrote a sone about that sentiment:

https://soundcloud.com/azucarroc/welcome-to-my-world-by-marco

Sure is Lucha Underground any different to anything else new - people always lap up something that seems different and fresh, only for the TNA esque background staff of WWE cast offs ideas of what's 'entertaining' shines through? Fuck that was a horrible, unwieldy, and confusing sentence worthy of Big Daddy Melzter :(

I've kind of felt the same. Episode 1 was really good, then episodes two and three were a bit flat. I thought last week, with Cuerno/Fenix was better though. I've not watched this week yet but I guess there is a bit of "over-expecting". Maybe just takes a bit of time to hit its stride.

Archived