#theukff - The Official UKFF Chat Room

AJ~

• Paid Members

In fairness, I did quite like the early series before it went shit and kept being brought back. I object to how ridiculously overrated it is, mostly based on David Jason falling through a bar and missing a chandelier. Calling it our greatest ever sitcom (I know you've not done that) or even one of our greatest is absurd.

• Paid Members
In fairness, I did quite like the early series before it went shit and kept being brought back. I object to how ridiculously overrated it is, mostly based on David Jason falling through a bar and missing a chandelier. Calling it our greatest ever sitcom (I know you've not done that) or even one of our greatest is absurd.

What do you define as early? When I was a kid, the 50 minuters (88-90) were my favourite episodes but as I've got older, I've grown to prefer the first 3-4 series. I think there are a couple of weak feature length episodes but the 96 trilogy is great. The final trilogy is shite.

Hate the way the falling through the bar scene has become the face of the show. The chandelier isn't over-rated though, it's fucking genius.

I'd have it as our greatest sitcom, personally. I could take an argument for some others, Porridge for instance. Not much though.

Great with Grandad, crap after, mega shite when women got involved. And there goes the progression of Only Fools...

Knew you'd be in to say that! Agree with the general sentiment but it wasn't crap once Albert turned up. Still some brilliant episodes after. I didn't mind the women originally. I think in the final trilogy, shoe horning them in helped the overall shitness level up a bit.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
What do you define as early?

Erm, the early ones? You know, like how some albums released by bands are early ones regardless of when you heard them?

Fuck off, I demand dates!

It went on for 20 years, I think there's plenty of scope with "early". If it was Butch, I'd take early to mean the first 3 series. I'd probably use early to describe 4 or 5 series. I'm just interested in Gladders opinion, I'm not going to grill him.

• Paid Members
What do you define as early?

Erm, the early ones? You know, like how some albums released by bands are early ones regardless of when you heard them?

Fuck off, I demand dates!

It went on for 20 years, I think there's plenty of scope with "early". If it was Butch, I'd take early to mean the first 3 series. I'd probably use early to describe 4 or 5 series. I'm just interested in Gladders opinion, I'm not going to grill him.

Well, the bloody early series, pretty much up to Grandad leaving!