Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Unvote, Vote Ron Simmons

I'm very wary about swiftstrike, since there's no jesters I wonder if he was trying to create the impression that's what he was so that people wouldn't lynch him? Now that he's been found out he's just trying to carry on with the ruse?

Why do you think it's a good thing to do what you're suggesting, swift?

Heroes look for information. Villains try to prescribe motive and find a way to lynch someone. This stinks of that.

Erm, okay. Does this mean Iron Man is not a character in the game if pieces of his armour is being dropped? Or maybe the helmet is someone else's, but who's?

Uatu Plissken told us that Stark Industries had supplied some items to get shit started. Those weren't his actualwords. Uatu is quite well spoken. But we knew what he meant. I'm assuming the helmets have a function unrelated to Iron Man.

• Paid Members
Unvote, Vote Ron Simmons

Heroes look for information. Villains try to prescribe motive and find a way to lynch someone. This stinks of that.

A tad hypocritical given what you've done, would you not say? I touted a theory and asked swiftstrike about it. You just "prescribed motive". Hmmm.

A tad hypocritical given what you've done, would you not say? I touted a theory and asked swiftstrike about it. You just "prescribed motive". Hmmm.

Aii. Ron showed pretty reasonable logic on that one. Personally I think that came across as a desperate attempt to paint Ron as being up to something when really he wasn't.

Vote: Chris B

• Paid Members
Aii. Ron showed pretty reasonable logic on that one. Personally I think that came across as a desperate attempt to paint Ron as being up to something when really he wasn't.

Vote: Chris B

No he didn't. Ron knows that Jesters are unlikely in this game, and that it's always a leap to suggest it. It's a further leap to suggest that Swift is pretending to be a jester in order to get lynched. It's not Swift's style, and it's a theory that's never turned up as true.

The rolefishing is a fair accusation, I feel. Trying to put forward the theory that he was setting up to pretend to be a jester isn't. It's a leap of logic on top of a leap of logic, and it's one of those that there's no way for Swift to answer.

No he didn't. Ron knows that Jesters are unlikely in this game, and that it's always a leap to suggest it. It's a further leap to suggest that Swift is pretending to be a jester in order to get lynched. It's not Swift's style, and it's a theory that's never turned up as true.

The rolefishing is a fair accusation, I feel. Trying to put forward the theory that he was setting up to pretend to be a jester isn't. It's a leap of logic on top of a leap of logic, and it's one of those that there's no way for Swift to answer.

What can I say? Im new at this and it sounded convincing. Tell me why I should unvote you. :)

• Paid Members

There's never really a good answer to that. After all, if I say 'because I'm town', you don't know if I'm telling the truth.

So, basically, it comes down to whether or not you think what I'm saying makes more sense. I think Ron's acting scummily pretty early, on the basis that his theory is silly. I'm also very wary of Swift, because I think he was rolefishing.

Also, I finally realised what swift was trying to do, and it's a play that I never like - not because it's always unsuccessful, but because I think it goes against the spirit of the game, and it's why I prefer a 'vanilla town' style PM to be put in the opening posts.

• Paid Members

Kenny likes other boys touching his helmet.

I think Chris may have misunderstood what Swift was trying to do with his play. I can't believe Swift was drawing people out based on how they were phrasing town and scum.

Archived