Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
This man would know considering he own the worlds largest collection.

Now now, everyone knows you only got 30 in a set, an I'm not one to buy more than one of something.

Just be mindful of height as Galactus is unbeatable!

• Paid Members

My Anti-town response?

Let's focus on your massively scummy request for everyone to blurt out their names shall we?.

This is a game full of super heroes, and I think it's a fairly accurate assumption to make that specific characters will have their own powers (if they have a power role). Captain America for example would have some sort of shield ability, Spiderman/Peter Parker might be some sort of reporter, or can web people overnight and roleblock them. These are just examples, but I highly doubt that if there is a Captain America he's not going to be able to use his shield.

I think this is an obvious assumption that you yourself will have thought about, so why you're trying to get everyone to admit who they are is beyond me as it'll wipe the Town out straight away as people will go for the big name superheroes who they think might have powers.

• Paid Members
My Anti-town response?

yes, your anti town response, I am not going into it right now as it blurs what i am trying to do, but your response to my post is hugely anti town.

Bye the bye are you suggesting that every player will have a role? Are you suggesting then that all characters could have only one possible role?

• Paid Members
yes, your anti town response, I am not going into it right now as it blurs what i am trying to do, but your response to my post is hugely anti town.

Bye the bye are you suggesting that every player will have a role? Are you suggesting then that all characters could have only one possible role?

I'm suggesting in a game full of Super Heroes/Villians that roles will probably be more common, unless of course people are given their human names. For example, The Hulk will have a role, but Bruce Banner won't.

So if we had everyone say who they were and someone said The Hulk, then I personally would assume they have a role. If they say Bruce Banner then I would be more likely to assume they're Vanilla. But even then, some humans I would also assume have powers too, such as Peter Parker.

I'm not talking about how many roles I think people might have, but I am saying that I think people will have character specific roles, as given in my Cpt.America and Spiderman examples.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just over analysing, but unless pushed especially in this very early stage, why open any statement with 'I'm Town'? Sounds suspect to me.

Besides which, revealing your characters name doesn't automatically make you one thing or another. For instance, There are stories of things like the key characters were secretly replaced with aliens and shapeshifters and being possessed or framed and what not.

Finally, trying to do an argument of 'Well, disagreeing with me means your anti-town' is hardly a good tactic.

FOS Swiftstrike

• Paid Members
I'm fairly new at this, but surely the point is we know each other characters identities?

Sorry if I'm being thick. :S

For the most part if we know identities then it's easy to tell good vs bad / town vs scum. However given the propensity of comic book writers to turn characters (mostly heel-to-face and later back) it's not quite clear-cut.

• Paid Members

EBWOP: Which makes Swift's move extremely dumb as he's claimed a principal hero lead.

• Paid Members

Unvote.

Vote Swiftstrike

It's extremely likely that roles are based on characters. It may be that alignment is as well, depending on whether there are good/bad guys in this or not.

As a result, it's blatant rolefishing. That's really got me concerned. As has been pointed out, anyone who says they're someone like Captain America or Spider-Man become obvious targets.

I hate stuff like this when I know the characters, and - with the fact that it's an advanced game, there's likely to be a lot of roles - it means that I can't help but start assigning roles.

Ugh. Not seen this as helpful at all.

Archived