RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see James Whale on Sky this morning? "Why are they not at school?"

Mmm, tricky question.

I did read a few years ago they were thinking about making the Summer Holidays only 3 weeks the extra weeks would be added on to other Holidays (extra week at Christmas -Easter and somewhere else)

But even if it were school time it wouldn't make any difference I can really see them saying "That's it stop the riots and nicking we gotta to go home now to get to bed as we've got School in the morning"

However, people tend to get the government they deserve.

Totally disagree. In this country we vote for the least shit party because there is no best anymore. The Tories and Labour are essentially the same thing these days, especially after Blair (and later, Brown) decided that it would be a great idea to shaft families and the workforce. Is it any wonder the people are apathetic when nobody in politics seems to represent their views?

You know, Cameron's statement was pretty good. There's some substance to the response to the riots without completely throwing human rights legislation out of the window; and he's up front about the support the government will give homes and businesses affected, a lot of which are a lot more substantial than I was expecting!

You may not like his rhetoric, but the actual actions outlined seem well thought out.

• Paid Members
But if the streets are safe enough for us to walk them safely without any danger what's he got to worry about as obviously Police are not needed because there is no crime about.

Stop being a tit! You know perfectly well that the Prime Minister and No. 10 are a potential target.