Should I do it?

Iceman

Your entitled to your opinion so that's all good but please stop using words like pedophile and abusing because that's serious and I ask you to stop.

Spinner it was done in jest never to hurt anyone.

And I know about the dodgyness that gone on in wrestling over the years but it was ment to expose people working for free, I know how long you've been involved in wrestling and respect that so if I offended you then like I said to Jayne I appologise.

Take care lads.

It's not my opinion mate, I liked your matches in 1PW (flaming tables and lighttubes please me, always have) but I'm asking if you can honestly say it was better for the industry than a young lady (who may or may have been abused, it's all supossition at this point and I won't comment one way or the other) working her first show for Ex's, which I also don't condemn as alot of people get a foot in alot of industries like that.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiffy, there is as much danger taking bumps over the top rope but you don't seem to be too worried about how much people are getting paid to do that.

The wrestling job in this country is shit because it is run by kids for kids, yea, you can put a suit on and walk around like you are an adult, but the mentality will always stay the same. The only way to solve this is to close the doors again and we all know that is not possible, not when the top promotion in the UK advertises on Facebook for wrestlers for their summer camp jobs!

Ego, bullshit and more ego that is how you describe a wrestler in the uk today.

• Paid Members
Oh of course not, and if I had to guess I'd say he won't actually put on the october show.

But overall, he's still done quite alot, alot more than you managed or ever will manage in the british wrestling industry. He has given the fans alot of stuff they wouldn't have otherwise got, got the workers some pay days, some experience. Despite all the shite, he's done alot more than you ever managed, I think the poster's point was a man whose cv in britwrestling reads "1 show, utter failure," may not be in the best position to be quite so judgemental on others.

In much the same way as the Mccan's, were they to sign up to a forum dedicated to child safety on holidays, might not in the best position to pass judgement on those who could do a little better, you may not really be the right guy to be telling danny rodd what's what.

Again, just devils advocacy here, don't wanna detract from the real story here (Iceman confirmed as, hee, well ya know, he's very sensitive about it!).

No, I can totally understand that point of view and in that light. I will freely admit that if we were to stack up accomplishments in the promoting arena that Danny would trump me.

It's not my opinion mate, I liked your matches in 1PW (flaming tables and lighttubes please me, always have) but I'm asking if you can honestly say it was better for the industry than a young lady (who may or may have been abused, it's all supossition at this point and I won't comment one way or the other) working her first show for Ex's, which I also don't condemn as alot of people get a foot in alot of industries like that.

Mate its not her first show, she's been around for ages, she trained with Jake Roberts when he was in the country, and how long ago was that?

Your too right I am sensitive about being called a pedophile because when words like that pop up they can stick even if they are not true.

Look I thought I was doing something good and maybe get a giggle in the process but maybe not.

Kiffy, there is as much danger taking bumps over the top rope but you don't seem to be too worried about how much people are getting paid to do that.

The wrestling job in this country is shit because it is run by kids for kids, yea, you can put a suit on and walk around like you are an adult, but the mentality will always stay the same. The only way to solve this is to close the doors again and we all know that is not possible, not when the top promotion in the UK advertises on Facebook for wrestlers for their summer camp jobs!

Ego, bullshit and more ego that is how you describe a wrestler in the uk today.

I don't care about how much danger there is for any of it really, like I say I'm just playing devils advocate a bit. I think you're wrong about the kids bit though, to a degree. Yeah there's alot of kids running it but they only get anywhere cos there's not enough grown ups doing it right. People always blame the shite on the bottom, but that's not the real problem, it's the lack of good stuff at the top that causes it.

And Iceman, I know she's been around a while, but from her point of view she's still not where she wants to be, so she'll take expenses while banking that her works good enough to get her noticed. Not ideal but there ya go. And you still haven't answered the question, can you honestly say that's worse for the industry than your bumps through glass?

Tell ya what though, I hear jonny storm paid his own way to america to get the experience of working out there his first few trips over, do ya think he needs a phone call too?

• Moderators

As is the rule around here, Iceman asked for his account to be disabled, so it has been.

I was going to lock the topic, because the bullying thing is patently ridiculous, (for one prank phonecall?) so you can all knock that on the head, but Spinner's turned up, and things seem to be diverging in another fun direction.

I don't care about how much danger there is for any of it really, like I say I'm just playing devils advocate a bit. I think you're wrong about the kids bit though, to a degree. Yeah there's alot of kids running it but they only get anywhere cos there's not enough grown ups doing it right. People always blame the shite on the bottom, but that's not the real problem, it's the lack of good stuff at the top that causes it.

And Iceman, I know she's been around a while, but from her point of view she's still not where she wants to be, so she'll take expenses while banking that her works good enough to get her noticed. Not ideal but there ya go. And you still haven't answered the question, can you honestly say that's worse for the industry than your bumps through glass?

Tell ya what though, I hear jonny storm paid his own way to america to get the experience of working out there his first few trips over, do ya think he needs a phone call too?

wasnt Iceman on about people that have wrestled for yrs for free not someone starting off. Its a giving the first couple of times you would not be paid but after a while if your good enough then you should be getting paid. He gave me some good advice made me realise where I was lacking and what i needed to do.

You tell them to do something about it like going to Trading Standards (as that's fraud) and everyone goes quiet. I'll be up-front: I sent Danny a letter and he now has two weeks to pay for the Shawn Michaels mini-site he commissioned a couple of months back. If I've heard nothing then I'm going to small claims; I'm sick of him screwing people over and then burying his head thinking he's got away with it and it'll all blow over.

Hoo-fucking-ray. Finally somebody acts like an adult when dealing with a product...

• Moderators
Hi Woyzeck, I won't be staying long. Had this thread pointed out to me and got myself a little too worked up about it. And it was more than one phone call.

One prank phonecall to each person, is what I meant. The 5% of the internet that isn't tits, fannies, and jizzing dicks entirely consists of prank phonecalls.

One prank phonecall to each person, is what I meant. The 5% of the internet that isn't tits, fannies, and jizzing dicks entirely consists of prank phonecalls.

not wrong there mate. Jizzing made me lol

Archived