Should I do it?

Iceman

I hate to be in bed with you then.

"He-ha! I just made a jizz!"

;)

I dont think i ever called it that maybe when i was a kid. Just the word took me back to school everyone used it

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it; nobody in the wrestling industry ever wants to do anything unless someone else does it first, if Iceman has to nail himself to the cross in order to get people in BritWres to start taking a stand against untrained workers and shady promoters then I'll consider that to have been a sacrifice worth making. Nobody's advocating bullying and perhaps in retrospect this was an idea with the best intentions executed poorly, but the optimist in me hopes that it might encourage a small change in attitudes in this country, even though it almost certainly won't. In a years time dodgy promoters will still be ripping people off, backyarders will continue to infiltrate the scene unchallenged and the few decent promoters will still be scratching their heads wondering why nobody treats wrestling seriously in this country.

• Paid Members
he had the right idea just done it the wrong way. There does need to be a proper governing body and i dont mean BWC or just common sense

I agree with this. As entertaining as the thread had been percieved at first from a selfish perspective, on reflection I think it was taken a bit too far. No offence to Iceman there, as he has some good intentions mixed in with what i think were actions taken to get some laughs and pats on the back by some folks on here.

.....everyone wants the shitarses out but nobody wants to be the one to do the dirty work.

Also agree with this to some extent. As difficult as it is, the only way this dirty work will be done, is if no one shows up to events put on by (or featuring) so-called shites, and that eventualy should drive them out.

But the industry being in the shape it is, its chicken/egg, without big houses for local shows with decent tallent, where they can then feature one or two newbies to give them experience (still paying more then just x's), without the quality of the show taking a dive.

I have only been to 1 event i'd refer too as 100% 'Britwres', and that was an Allstar show localy to me some years ago. I have been to NOAH, TNA, WWE over here, as well as the bigger FWA/Alex Shane events but they are either non-UK based companies, or featured so much non-UK talent that I woudn't class at Britwres anyway. What's the cause of this, just my ignorance, a real lack of anything decent on over here independant wise, just lack of proper advertising for quality shows or something else?

Something I have often thought of, due to me VERY RARELY venturing into the UK events section, is why it is only a sub-forum of the main wrestling thread. If the UKFF is interested to really push Britwres, shouldn't it be treated as a step above the main wrestling discussion, rather then sub-section of?

The way I try to support 'getting shitearses out' is by not paying my hard earned cash to go see it (and end up dissapointed after).

Although i'm not without blame here. I'm one of the doofuses that has paid hard earned cash to go meet HBK. In my defense, I wasn't totally aware of the 1pw rep. If that doesn't take place, then can you blame me for thinking twice before putting more money down for another brit showing?

Sorry for the disjointed, and somewhat contradictory, points above. Its just some feelings I have on the subject that I wanted to write.

People using words like "abuse" and "bullying" with regards to Iceman's crusade are completely mental.

If he were to keep phoning someone over a period of months, for no good reason other than to abuse them then you might have a point. However, a prank call done with the intention of exposing twats is NOT fucking abuse, and anyone who thinks it is has a serious problem understanding what exactly a "prank call" is. Hell, it isn't really even a prank call, because these are not innocent people being messed with for a laugh - they are known idiots who are making things harder for the actual (professional) talent in the UK to make a living.

One thing a lot of these people crying "abuse" seem to be missing is that Iceman's first video was to some dick trying to get away with training kids, despite being your typical half-trained wanker. How anyone can argue that this arsehole being exposed (and persuaded to fuck off) isn't a good thing is beyond me! This cock was trying to make money training youngsters how to wrestle, despite not having the qualifications or the insurance to do it. Iceman was providing a service right there!

There are a fair few parents that post on this forum, would you want your kids training to be a wrestler with some half-trained, dodgy as fuck nobody? No, probably not.

One thing a lot of these people crying "abuse" seem to be missing is that Iceman's first video was to some dick trying to get away with training kids, despite being your typical half-trained wanker. How anyone can argue that this arsehole being exposed (and persuaded to fuck off) isn't a good thing is beyond me! This cock was trying to make money training youngsters how to wrestle, despite not having the qualifications or the insurance to do it. Iceman was providing a service right there!

There are a fair few parents that post on this forum, would you want your kids training to be a wrestler with some half-trained, dodgy as fuck nobody? No, probably not.

That one was actually some fine work, the key thing was him asking, "My 13 year olds not gonna get hurt doing this is he?" and the guy repeatedly saying no. That was fucking bullshit, to suggest there's no chance you could get hurt learning pro-wrestling, and therefore by extension suggest it's 100% safe to learn for a 13 year old was fucking shocking.

But in the end that wasn't the crux of the digs, it was more "Ha, you work for free you fucking strawb," which is alot less relevant than the lies about total safety.

Him raping bacardi for working for ex's still kinda sucked though.

The mood immediately changed when Iceman called a girl. Then the White Knights emerged and started throwing around words like "bully" and "paedophile".

Actually it was iceman who suggested people might think of him as a pedophile (his spelling) up to that point I don't think it had occurred to anyone.

And it's a little disengenuous to suggest it's only when a young lady got involved people started turning. The first call, to the dangerously under qualified and clearly lying wannabe wrestling training off 13 yr olds. That's someone who does deserve outing. Whereas bacardi's working for expenses just highlighted someone who hadn't got as far as she wanted in her choosen profession as was prepared to drop her fee once to prove herself to new management.

The mood immediately changed when Iceman called a girl. Then the White Knights emerged and started throwing around words like "bully" and "paedophile".

haha a white knight?

Yeah, fair enough the Bacardi one sounded a little more harsh, but I wasn't able to see any of the vids after the first one so can't really comment.

What I do know though, is that he was looking for the numbers of plenty more genuinely deserving 'tards, so it was going to likely improve!

haha a white knight?

IE Those who'll ride up on their horses to defend the put upon and downtrodden, on forums. Generally happens when a maiden's in distress, the implication being that there are people who are so unlikely to get laid they've been reduced to defending ladies on the internet in the hope that their inheranct goodness will shine through the screen, the ladies will see them as they are, without being put off by their acne, pot bellies and skinny arms, as the truly caring wonderful man they've always wanted, their own white knight, then said lady will track them down and let them touch their lady parts and all will be well with the world.

Sickboy used to be quite into it, until he gave up cos I didn't work, I hear.

Archived