Should I do it?

Iceman

• Paid Members
I'm sick to death of seeing people whinge and bitch about "shitarses ruining BritWres" but refusing to actually do anything about them.

Indeed. I said it before but it's like people moaning en masse about One Pro Wrestling how they take their money but don't receive goods like DVDs or tickets that they've spent

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've asked for my account to be deleted so I can't post anymore.

Not because I can't take what has been said about me but that people are twisting things and are starting to use words like "Abusing".

Like most people I have a quick temper and I jump at what's being wrote about me, but I can't when my account is gone.

That Bacardi girl may be the sweetest girl in the world and never once did I raise my voice to her, but why is a promoter going to pay Erin Angel to wrestle when they can have Bacardi for free?

It's been said that other wrestlers may have worked for free just to get a start but the people who I rang have been involved with wrestling for ages, with the exception of that Adam lad.

Gangster has been wrestling longer than me.

So they are not young kids who are willing to do anything to make it in wrestling.

Lads feel free to say anything at all about me

I am rotten, I can't wrestle, all I am is a glorified backyard wrestler, I am a disgrace, I am unprofessional, I am fat and un fit.

Seriously keep em all coming it's like water off a ducks back, it never phases me what people write about me, but please don't use terms like abusing young girls because people can and will take things like that and before long I will be. Pedophile.

And in years to come it will be iceman was a pedo, I've seen it happen.

It was all done to try and help the sport that we all love so much, if it was a bad idea then shoot me, just don't use words like that to describe me.

Thanks Isaac.

That's the problem with all of these shitarse promoters, they live in this little bubble of ignorance and wholeheartedly believe that just because they've been watching Raw for a few years that they can promote shows here and be successful at it. Adam Bowler is a perfect example of the modern day shitarse promoter, he spends hours and hours arguing with the very people he's trying to attract to his product and is now so paranoid that he won't even tell the talent he's trying to book or the customers he's hoping to attract where his show is taking place. I'll give him credit for actually paying the wrestlers for appearing at shows no punters attend but people like him shouldn't be putting on shows and wrestlers have a responsibility to not accept bookings from these people. If British Wrestling is to improve (and by "improve" I mean "become less shit") then it's up to the wrestlers and the fans to stop these shitty promoters, if Iceman takes it upon himself to publicly name and shame dodgy promoters and untrained wrestlers then he should be applauded for having the balls to do what nobody else would and actually take action for once. I'm sick to death of seeing people whinge and bitch about "shitarses ruining BritWres" but refusing to actually do anything about them.

I agree with you that someone needs to make a stand. Its just he went about it wrong and people are now having a go at him for it. If he was up front and questioned why they where doing it instead of shouting Strab down the phone people might of been more intrested. It seems most of the people on here just wanted to hear pranks calls. Which is something completely different to what Iceman said he wanted to do in the OP

I would ask iceman though, if he's still here, can he be sure he's in a position to judge this?

Yes wrester a working for expense's can harm wrestler b who expects (rightly to be fair) to get paid.

But if wrestler a is willing to get thrown face first through lighttubes for

Iceman, at least now I know that you think that I am a 'strawb'. I wrestled my first match for Brian Dixon for free, I travelled all the way down to Newcastle to help train your WZW guys for FREE (well, i did take some ex's), I also helped with BCW and SCW and never charged a penny for doing it.

I called you out on your Facebook page yesterday because you were taking an easy pop at simple people who had no recourse to what you were putting up for their ridicule. Lets see if you would do the same to Colin McKay for all the unpaid bills he left behind him, or the wrestlers that he has not paid (I am one of them too). Lets see you call up Sanja Baga and pull him about all the shit he puts out there, you could even add Brian Dixon into this mix as he has left some good skeletons in cupboards too. There are other promoters who could be called, but they would bring too much heat on you.

I did not mind that you called these people up, god, I would have been quite happy for you to chin half of them. But putting videos of yourself up on the internet to make yourself look like the big cheese was beyond a joke. We are not 14 year old kids, we are supposed to be adults leading the way and if the kids follow your way god help us all.

As for Martin Bean, you have been spouting your opinions on promoters and wrestlers for years even though you were one of these shitarse promoters that are supposed to be exposed here. Why don't you take your own advice and not give any opinions until you know the business yourself.

Many thanks

Spinner :laugh:

I would ask iceman though, if he's still here, can he be sure he's in a position to judge this?

Yes wrester a working for expense's can harm wrestler b who expects (rightly to be fair) to get paid.

But if wrestler a is willing to get thrown face first through lighttubes for

• Paid Members
As for Martin Bean, you have been spouting your opinions on promoters and wrestlers for years even though you were one of these shitarse promoters that are supposed to be exposed here. Why don't you take your own advice and not give any opinions until you know the business yourself.

You see, I realised that promoting wasn't for me and went on doing what I do for a day job. You can't say the same about guys like Danny Rodd or Petey Staniforth, can you? I learned enough to know promoting was a cruel mistress and not something to be dabbled in; you had to give it your all and have a lot more smarts that I did at 18.

As far as I know Spinner, we've never crossed paths. But if I'm not allowed to give an opinion on promoters and wrestlers because I don't know the business, then some one best close this forum down because that's 95% of exactly what goes on here.

Martin :laugh:

Please mate don't post comments like that even if it is jest because people have bad minds, I know I say I am going but I can't help it when things like that are being said.

Also if anyone can get hold of Danny Rodd feel free and ask him how much I got paid for that match, it certainly wasn't

You see, I realised that promoting wasn't for me and went on doing what I do for a day job. You can't say the same about guys like Danny Rodd or Petey Staniforth, can you?

Well danny's finishing it in october, to be fair. And despite the many criticisms he's got he's brought some big names over, put on some very impressive shows, allowed some british guys to learn with international talent.

One could say he's done alot more than you could really dream of, and on that basis you may not be in a position to write him off with quite such an air of superiority.

Again, just devils advocate.

Iceman, at least now I know that you think that I am a 'strawb'. I wrestled my first match for Brian Dixon for free, I travelled all the way down to Newcastle to help train your WZW guys for FREE (well, i did take some ex's), I also helped with BCW and SCW and never charged a penny for doing it.

I called you out on your Facebook page yesterday because you were taking an easy pop at simple people who had no recourse to what you were putting up for their ridicule. Lets see if you would do the same to Colin McKay for all the unpaid bills he left behind him, or the wrestlers that he has not paid (I am one of them too). Lets see you call up Sanja Baga and pull him about all the shit he puts out there, you could even add Brian Dixon into this mix as he has left some good skeletons in cupboards too. There are other promoters who could be called, but they would bring too much heat on you.

I did not mind that you called these people up, god, I would have been quite happy for you to chin half of them. But putting videos of yourself up on the internet to make yourself look like the big cheese was beyond a joke. We are not 14 year old kids, we are supposed to be adults leading the way and if the kids follow your way god help us all.

As for Martin Bean, you have been spouting your opinions on promoters and wrestlers for years even though you were one of these shitarse promoters that are supposed to be exposed here. Why don't you take your own advice and not give any opinions until you know the business yourself

Many thanks

Spinner :laugh:

Thats the smartest thing on the UKFF I have read in a longtime!

• Paid Members
Well danny's finishing it in october, to be fair. And despite the many criticisms he's got he's brought some big names over, put on some very impressive shows, allowed some british guys to learn with international talent.

One could say he's done alot more than you could really dream of, and on that basis you may not be in a position to write him off with quite such an air of superiority.

Again, just devils advocate.

Danny wasn't alone, though. Was he? He is now, now that every one's left him. But with the folks that have managed to come over under the 1PW banner there's been just as many that haven't due to stuff like paperwork not being in place. And then Danny lies about it or doesn't communicate what happened.

What happened to Road Dogg turning up to that in-store signing? Why is Danny having to renegotiate a contract with Shawn Michaels? Why is Danny not answering his phone to his agents nor the Dome? There's just so many questions with Danny; he's not squeaky clean and his business skills are practically non-existent from what's I've seen displayed. He owes people money, doesn't know how to manage his company's on-line presence (by leaving 15 year olds in charge of Facebook pages with poor grammar and signing off each post with smileys). It's just not professional.

Danny wasn't alone, though. Was he? He is now, now that every one's left him. But with the folks that have managed to come over under the 1PW banner there's been just as many that haven't due to stuff like paperwork not being in place. And then Danny lies about it or doesn't communicate what happened.

What happened to Road Dogg turning up to that in-store signing? Why is Danny having to renegotiate a contract with Shawn Michaels? Why is Danny not answering his phone to his agents nor the Dome? There's just so many questions with Danny; he's not squeaky clean and his business skills are practically non-existent from what's I've seen displayed. He owes people money, doesn't know how to manage his company's on-line presence (by leaving 15 year olds in charge of Facebook pages with poor grammar and signing off each post with smileys). It's just not professional.

Oh of course not, and if I had to guess I'd say he won't actually put on the october show.

But overall, he's still done quite alot, alot more than you managed or ever will manage in the british wrestling industry. He has given the fans alot of stuff they wouldn't have otherwise got, got the workers some pay days, some experience. Despite all the shite, he's done alot more than you ever managed, I think the poster's point was a man whose cv in britwrestling reads "1 show, utter failure," may not be in the best position to be quite so judgemental on others.

In much the same way as the Mccan's, were they to sign up to a forum dedicated to child safety on holidays, might not in the best position to pass judgement on those who could do a little better, you may not really be the right guy to be telling danny rodd what's what.

Again, just devils advocacy here, don't wanna detract from the real story here (Iceman confirmed as, hee, well ya know, he's very sensitive about it!).

Archived