Should I do it?

Iceman

• Paid Members
I've decided to delete the page that I created because it went in a completely different direction pretty fast lol.

The reason for the page was to try and make this country a better place for the lads who are trying to make a living.

But unfortunately that's not what it turned in to.

I was accused of being a bully and to tell the truth that's not a label that I want because that's not what I am.

Every phone call was done as a joke and was in no way intended to hurt people or bully them.

If the people who were called thought that they were bullied then it was never my intention.

Also a wrestler who I respect a great deal pointed out to me that it wasn't a good idea and out of respect for her I decided to delete the page.

With that being said my opinion on wrestlers working for free hasn't changed and they have no place in a wrestling ring.

I hope one day that these people get some self-respect and ask to be paid.

Thanks to all who liked the page and supported me, it was fun while it lasted.

From http://www.facebook.com/notes/isaac-harrop...150728580235542

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I thought it was a bit mental coming on here asking who should "get got", knowing full well most of the people on the UK scene who deserve a good slapping are constantly viewing the forum or under fake accounts. Its like Jeremy Beadle telling people on Beadle's About "next week, I'm popping down Sainsbury's in Newcastle to fuck with Steve on the butchers counter". He should have played it a bit more coy than asking for numbers on here.

• Moderators
I thought it was a bit mental coming on here asking who should "get got", knowing full well most of the people on the UK scene who deserve a good slapping are constantly viewing the forum or under fake accounts. Its like Jeremy Beadle telling people on Beadle's About "next week, I'm popping down Sainsbury's in Newcastle to fuck with Steve on the butchers counter". He should have played it a bit more coy than asking for numbers on here.

Yeah, was always going to have a super short shelf-life, especially considering how recognisable that accent is. But barely 24 hours? :(

In what way could it even be considered bullying?

These people are working for free, training people, running (or not running) shows, and making the whole business look like a joke. If they feel bullied, if Danny Primetime cried, or Bacardi sobbed, so the fuck what? This is what they need, a wake-up call! At least they'll be on their guard next time someone calls, and won't offer to work for free!

Do more! Someone take over and do more!

• Paid Members
In what way could it even be considered bullying?

I imagine, a lot of people at the arse end British wrestling are so young, so broken down due to 200 disappointments per day that you have to put up with being a shitarse and the sheer sight of a Triple H or even a Eric Young is so far out of their imaginational reach that even the slightest thing would be considered bullying. Put it this way: if I spent a large portion of my week in spandex trunks, with a large gut and a 18 year old is telling me to lose a pretend fight to a skinny lad who's on his school holidays wearing a green Lizmark Jr. mask from the market for no money in a ring no bigger than sofa bed, I'd be playing the bullying card as well.

I wish it could have gone on for longer but I had one person shouting police and I had another shouting Internet bullying and it was only a matter of time before Facebook got involved.

It was a good friend who pointed out to me that it was making me look bad and that there was nothing I could do about the state of wrestling in the UK as it's already died a death.

Sorry to disappoint lads but before anything my name comes first and I didn't want the label of a bully put on me because that's not what I am

It was always going to have a short shelf life anyway was most of the people who liked the page should have got a call from me.

Hey but at least we had yesterday.

Take care.

Ill have to admit Iceman as funny as what you were doing it did come across to me as you were being a bit bullyish but not majorly, some people are just offended more so then others, I appreciated your work through.

It was a good friend who pointed out to me that it was making me look bad and that there was nothing I could do about the state of wrestling in the UK as it's already died a death.

Take care.

With all respect to your friend, that is a very pessimistic way of thinking. Quite frankly, the UK wrestling industry isn't amazing right now, but that doesn't mean trying to improve it is a waste of time.

Even if it only worked on a dozen people, that's a dozen useless twats not putting on gash shows once a month.

Who exactly would it be making you "look bad" to? Surely anyone with any self respect in the industry would be happy to see some of the shit at the bottom killed off?

You finally have REAL heat and then you kill it... Being scared of police and 'the internet bully police' is a bit lame.. they were prank calls at best, calling people strawberries... that wouldnt hold up in court, would it?

With all respect to your friend, that is a very pessimistic way of thinking. Quite frankly, the UK wrestling industry isn't amazing right now, but that doesn't mean trying to improve it is a waste of time.

Even if it only worked on a dozen people, that's a dozen useless twats not putting on gash shows once a month.

Who exactly would it be making you "look bad" to? Surely anyone with any self respect in the industry would be happy to see some of the shit at the bottom killed off?

It was after I watched back the one with Bacardi that I realised that I had just rang a girl up and albeit in a nice way tried to ridicule her for the amusement of others.

I think at the end of the day I am too soft..

There is a term Shit sticks and I didn't want to be known as a bully.

My only regret was that I didn't get Staniforth or Danny Rodd, I tried ringing him all day but he wouldn't pick up.

Archived