Kid Kash Re Signs For TNA

leeds

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think, Jim, that you also look at things a little too simplistically. Yes, WWE are the most successful company in the world - but this makes them the LAST company others should emulate; nobody can out-WWE WWE. As Bischoff's said in the past, you've got to do things differently if you want to get anywhere. WWE can get any demo they want if they choose - why would you want to compete with them for that?

I think, Jim, that you also look at things a little too simplistically. Yes, WWE are the most successful company in the world - but this makes them the LAST company others should emulate; nobody can out-WWE WWE. As Bischoff's said in the past, you've got to do things differently if you want to get anywhere. WWE can get any demo they want if they choose - why would you want to compete with them for that?

because as Ive said before you would be creating a never ending circle of new audiences for your product and keep making money until the day you keel over.

• Paid Members
because as Ive said before you would be creating a never ending circle of new audiences for your product and keep making money until the day you keel over.

But how would you expect to do that when WWE are getting the lion's share of the market? The only thing any smaller company can hope to do in the face of WWE's pretty-much-invincible brand recognition is to go after every demo that WWE aren't targeting. As long as WWE are going for the kids market, nobody else is going to get a look-in - the kids aren't going to watch anything but WWE. It's a non-starter.

Piss off. We've got Schiavone. You lot made all sorts of conciliatory noises, like TNA did with JR, but at the end of the day, you arsed around too much and now you get nothing.

Learn to live with it. Hey, look at that - we've got Flair too.

schiavone.jpg

You've got naitch? Truly this is the greatest night in the history of Our Great Sport.

But how would you expect to do that when WWE are getting the lion's share of the market? The only thing any smaller company can hope to do in the face of WWE's pretty-much-invincible brand recognition is to go after every demo that WWE aren't targeting. As long as WWE are going for the kids market, nobody else is going to get a look-in - the kids aren't going to watch anything but WWE. It's a non-starter.

I suppose you would do by bringing in ex-WWE guys and get them hooked by the overall quality of the shows, which I believe, is the general reason for bringing in WWE guys. People, for the most part, will come back to something they enjoy. Werent WCW and WWE competing for the same crowds back in the day?

I will also concede that maybe I am looking at things too simplisticly, but thats mainly down to the fact that its my belief that there are too many promoters looking at wrestling in a far too complicated light.

• Paid Members
I suppose you would do by bringing in ex-WWE guys and get them hooked by the overall quality of the shows, which I believe, is the general reason for bringing in WWE guys. People, for the most part, will come back to something they enjoy. Werent WCW and WWE competing for the same crowds back in the day?

wCw and WWE were roughly the same size, though. This is what I'm saying: smaller companies don't get the luxury of the level of promotion, recognition and production necessary to competing with WWE for the same market, as wCw did.

And yes, people will come back to something they enjoy - but, for the most part, no smaller promotion has been able to put on a product aimed at WWE's choice of demo that is more enjoyable on a consistent enough basis. TNA have got the right idea - there's no way they can compete, so they're going for a market that WWE don't cater to in any large way (although this may change soon, given recent developments).

I will also concede that maybe I am looking at things too simplisticly, but thats mainly down to the fact that its my belief that there are too many promoters looking at wrestling in a far too complicated light.

I agree that they're looking at in a far too complicated light, but they're doing so most likely because they're always trying to find ways to carve out a niche they can go for, instead of trying to out-WWE WWE.

• Paid Members
I think Carbomb needs to just hand over Tony Schiavone before someone gets hurt.

I think you guys need to leave Schiavone with us, along with Flair, the Fantastics and Mark Rocco, or everyone dies.

We'll take Smothers off your hands, if that'll sweeten the deal.

its my opinion that every wrestling promotion should be compared and compare themselves to WWE because they are the most successful company, therefore they must be doing things that others should emulate.

Fucking tosh mate.

Every promotion should copy the shite they are putting out because they have the most money? Am I right in thinking that's what you're suggesting? What they are putting out is absolute wank, and if every promotion in the world tried their hardest to become low rent versions of them and not offer something more thought provoking, interesting and exciting, I think plenty of fans would be turning off altogether from our sport.

They have the most money. They have the most merch' salez. They should give themselves a little round of applause. That doesn

• Paid Members
Fucking tosh mate.

Every promotion should copy the shite they are putting out because they have the most money? Am I right in thinking that's what you're suggesting? What they are putting out is absolute wank, and if every promotion in the world tried their hardest to become low rent versions of them and not offer something more thought provoking, interesting and exciting, I think plenty of fans would be turning off altogether from our sport.

They have the most money. They have the most merch' salez. They should give themselves a little round of applause. That doesn

Archived