Kid Kash Re Signs For TNA

leeds

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find Chikara a but rediculous, its a near non entity promotion that draws next nothing. they depend on the smark crowd that will eventually stop watching and move on from wrestling leaving them with nothing. this is why WWE are at the top and will always be.

• Paid Members
pCc had Zbyszko a fucking age ago. "Lazza Z", has been our announcer and part-time golfer of choice since our genesis. Your little bumboy club can have Lee Marshall.

I'm gonna be honest, I thought you boys claimed skeeavone as well.

• Paid Members

Most there shows now are drawing a good few hundred to shows with most their money coming from DVD sales, which they remain strong on. It really is light hearted and quite fun to watch, any fed that bans swearing from it shows is setting a pretty good example.

It does help that aside from the comedy stuff a fair few on their roster are pretty good talents that are making waves in other companies as well as being decent wrestlers.

Comparing Chikara to WWE is like comparing Hereford United to Barcelona. It's a no contest in terms of size but both still entertain their core fan base.

Most there shows now are drawing a good few hundred to shows with most their money coming from DVD sales, which they remain strong on. It really is light hearted and quite fun to watch, any fed that bans swearing from it shows is setting a pretty good example.

It does help that aside from the comedy stuff a fair few on their roster are pretty good talents that are making waves in other companies as well as being decent wrestlers.

Comparing Chikara to WWE is like comparing Hereford United to Barcelona. It's a no contest in terms of size but both still entertain their core fan base.

my point in comparsion was on the nature of fanbases. I wont go into detail as it was a personal convo, but if your remember our convo on the nature of the DG fanbase you may be able to see my point that eventually for whatever reason the fanbase will evaporate whereas WWE constantly shift their focus on the key demographic to keep creating a fresh audience.

• Paid Members
my point in comparsion was on the nature of fanbases. I wont go into detail as it was a personal convo, but if your remember our convo on the nature of the DG fanbase you may be able to see my point that eventually for whatever reason the fanbase will evaporate whereas WWE constantly shift their focus on the key demographic to keep creating a fresh audience.

If you're talking about the DG Japanese fanbase, I'd say it'll be a while before they have to shift - their main demo is teenage girls/young women who love pop culture.

• Moderators
I'm gonna be honest, I thought you boys claimed skeeavone as well.

Probably did. Carbum's clubhouse can make do with Rod Trongard, Craig DeGeorge and Ken Resnick as their dream team on the mic.

• Paid Members

I do remember that and it is a very good point which I admittedly had forgot about.

Guessing even something that is geared at one specific audience will soon have to adapt to another one then. That may suck, I do love a bit of Chikara technical comedy right now haha.

• Paid Members
Probably did. Carbum's clubhouse can make do with Rod Trongard, Craig DeGeorge and Ken Resnick as their dream team on the mic.

Piss off. We've got Schiavone. You lot made all sorts of conciliatory noises, like TNA did with JR, but at the end of the day, you arsed around too much and now you get nothing.

Learn to live with it. Hey, look at that - we've got Flair too.

schiavone.jpg

I do remember that and it is a very good point which I admittedly had forgot about.

Guessing even something that is geared at one specific audience will soon have to adapt to another one then. That may suck, I do love a bit of Chikara technical comedy right now haha.

exactly but by your admission I look at wrestling in a slightly different light.... or if you believe Chilli Dog, Im full of shit and cant possibly be right because I have a thoery which isnt a commonly held belief. and going back to your earlier comment about Hereford and Barca, its my opinion that every wrestling promotion should be compared and compare themselves to WWE because they are the most successful company, therefore they must be doing things that others should emulate.

• Paid Members

Again its a fair point I just don't like having to comapre things to WWE because well they're a company thats looking for major financial gain and to remain the strongest company wheras most smaller companies (like Chikara) are looking at wrestling and fan participation (its hard to doubt how much Quackenbush loves Chikara and everything about it) and then money, hence being able to deal with small crowds.

However, I don't think you're full of shit you actually provide a decent counter view to a lot of mainstream views, hence the different light thing, maybe from wiser years, maybe because you just see things in a different way but definately not full of shit, you've left me confused on more than one occasion haha.

• Paid Members
We've got Flair??? Fuck yes

I suppose then that pCc gets Hogan? We just need two more groups, one to claim rock and one for austin.

Shotgun the rock.

Again its a fair point I just don't like having to comapre things to WWE because well they're a company thats looking for major financial gain and to remain the strongest company wheras most smaller companies (like Chikara) are looking at wrestling and fan participation (its hard to doubt how much Quackenbush loves Chikara and everything about it) and then money, hence being able to deal with small crowds.

However, I don't think you're full of shit you actually provide a decent counter view to a lot of mainstream views, hence the different light thing, maybe from wiser years, maybe because you just see things in a different way but definately not full of shit, you've left me confused on more than one occasion haha.

believe me when I say that all promoters look at things from a money stand point primarily, although I will concede that some promoters (such as Quentin and probably Quack too) would rather do it in a different way to WWE. what so many people forget is that wrestling is a business, hence why its referred to as 'the wrestling business', and as a business its sole aim is to make money.

Archived