Who should be bigger than what they are?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Just watched Sheamus slap about the ring bell attendant from a few years ago, and thought he looked hard as fuck. When nobody would answer his challenge, he booted Jerry Lawler in the head straight after as well He walked to the ring looking like the man. He's not exactly on his arse at the minute, but he isnt at the level I thought he was going to be at when he first turned up. Wade Barrett looked the business as well, but we all know that anyway. I used to think MVP looked like a future star as well when he was at his peak around 2007/2008 time. They seem to all fall off a cliff though, for one reason or another. Who do you lot think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be slightly unpopular, but:

13269.jpg

Good worker, unique look, big but still athletic, and seems to be firmly in the C team, which I can't really work out. Could, IMHO, be an animal type monster on any show.

I thought MVP as well. Not immediately, but once he grew into his role he was immense. He was very watchable in the ring (he even managed to have an entertaining feud with Matt Hardy), comfortable on the mic, and, seemingly unique among most of the WWE characters who've emerged over the past decade, had a gimmick that was actually relevant to contemporary pop culture - arrogant, flash, overpaid sports star. I reckon that's partly what fucked him eventually, because that gimmick just isn't really suited to a babyface - it would be like finding out Ashley Cole has been on a humanitarian mission to Somalia. Seemingly they sensed that, and turned him into just another shitty everyman, and his motivation and audience increase seemed to decrease in parallel from there.

Going back a bit further, Sean O'Haire is the other obvious one. Even before the 'Devil's Advocate' character, they could have easily made him a major player in the Invasion angle, given how much more physically intimidating he looked than the rest of the original Alliance and the potential for sticking him in multi-man tags to cover up for his inexperience. Unfortunately, he forgot to shake hands with Droz or something, so they let the APA take his head off in his first match and killed him for the rest of the angle.

• Paid Members

The truth is half the roster should be bigger stars than they are. WWE has become so shit at pushing guys. Their biggest problem is they push guys a few years too early and then give up on them too soon, so by the time they are ready they've relegated them to jokes. Masters, McIntyre, Sheamus, Barrett...

All of those names have progressed (well I think Barrett is still a bag of wank in the ring), after a few years on the road. If WWE hadn't jobbed those guys out so much during that period, that's a whole new main event right there.

I'm well chuffed Chris Masters is getting the praise he deserves. I've been into him since he returned, mainly because he has cool ring gear. But he's progressed into a dynamic performer. WWE have something in Masters, he has the ability to get the most out of any old shite WWE throw at him (the titty dance) and he had a habit of making Guest Hosts moist (Sharon Osbourne had to ring her trousers out after Raw).

I think Sheamus is a legit MEGASTAR waiting to happen. Just a shameful thing they lost their heads.

Chris Masters, Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre should be huge, three of them are great wrestlers and Wade oozes stardom in my eyes, his promo at the last PPV was especially great. Mark Henry seems to be getting a fine push right now, but I'd like to see him get a consistant push around the main event level, and not end up jobbing in a few months time when they give up on him again. Even this week on Smackdown he's taking a chokeslam from Kane, it just seems counter-productive, especially since you could probably squash Kane 51 out of 52 weeks in the year and he'd still be over and perceived as a threat.

• Paid Members

Because Kofi is shit. His offense is so weak looking, I don't buy him at all.

Kofi. Looked so poised to break through in late 2009, and it came to nothing. He's done absolutely fuck all (except wrestle Dolph Ziggler) since then.

Drew Galloway/MacIntyre.

He is very much a Randy Orton in the making, with the potential to be even bigger if they would just STOP F*CKING AROUND WITH R-TRUTH, CHRISTIAN and the rest of the dross in and around the main event scene.

I agree with the chap who said Sheamus too. He's incredible.

Just watched Sheamus slap about the ring bell attendant from a few years ago, and thought he looked hard as fuck. When nobody would answer his challenge, he booted Jerry Lawler in the head straight after as well He walked to the ring looking like the man. He's not exactly on his arse at the minute, but he isnt at the level I thought he was going to be at when he first turned up. Wade Barrett looked the business as well, but we all know that anyway. I used to think MVP looked like a future star as well when he was at his peak around 2007/2008 time. They seem to all fall off a cliff though, for one reason or another. Who do you lot think?

Your completely correct on the MVP scenario he definitely should have been a main event player. I think another guy who should have been given the ball was Mohammad Hassan. The WWE butchered him with his gimmick and rushing the angle. He should have debuted as a face trying to win the approval of the WWE Universe until finally realizing that he can't redeem himself in the eyes of the fans because all they see is a muslim. It should have been like the Rougeau Bros. or The Rock where he tries to be the hero but is not accepted by the fans because he is muslim. Plus he also got screwed over by being portrayed as a terrorist during his final segment which had no relevance to the character he tried to portray coming into the WWE.

I also forgot to mention Monty Brown should have been the face of TNA IMPACT wrestling for the last 6 or 7 years.

Because Kofi is shit. His offense is so weak looking, I don't buy him at all.

Well Notoriously Stiff Worker Jeff Hardy made it to the world title. Kofi was getting reactions and building incredible momentum about eighteen months ago and that should've gone somewhere. He's still one of the most popular wrestlers WWE has, even after having nothing to do since.

Well Notoriously Stiff Worker Jeff Hardy made it to the world title.

John Cena's offense is as realistic as hell too. It's obviously completely necessary.

Anyways, Kofi and Sheamus are both good shouts, and I've been through the Kofi thing before. Sheamus doesn't seem to be doing much different from what he was doing in the main events, except he does it in the midcard and looks like a big fish in a small pond so I really do think he needs to be pushed.

I really want to see what Chris Masters can do with some proper pushing as well. We know that the guy is really good, so lets see if he can take it to that next level.

Archived