Who should be bigger than what they are?

IANdrewDiceClay

Kofi and MVP are great shouts, but I'm going to suggest The Pope. There were comparisons to The Rock for a short period, and those comparisons were 100% fair. He had more than enough going on in the ring and had gotten absolutely world class on the microphone. Not sure how it fell apart so drastically, but it was a major TNA fuck up that that character was not nurtured and better looked after. I honestly thought something incredible was bubbling under there for a while.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe I was in the minority but I never liked The Pope, his voice drives me crazy for starters but I just see him as another guy. I think comparing him to The Rock would be like comparing Mark Henry's technical ability to Ricky Steamboat's but, again, I think I am in the minority with that view. I dont see anything special in him at all.

I believe I was in the minority but I never liked The Pope, his voice drives me crazy for starters but I just see him as another guy. I think comparing him to The Rock would be like comparing Mark Henry's technical ability to Ricky Steamboat's but, again, I think I am in the minority with that view. I dont see anything special in him at all.

Oh god, I don't now, don't get me wrong. Sorry if I didn't come across past tense enough there. Oh now, he can fall off a bridge for all I care. I just meant at a certain time, it seemed like there was a potentially magic moment for TNA that they really missed the boat on.

• Paid Members

Kofi is a bit of a strange case. He ticks all the boxes for what should make a babyface but there's just something missing. I really don't know what that is. Even when he was super popular and he had that moment at MSG which felt like it could be a defining moment in his rise to another level, following it something was missing.

It feels like he could be a Ricky Steamboat as he just seems like a cool, nice dude, he has good matches and exciting offense, the fans do seem to like him and it's hard to imagine him as a heel. I guess he needs an extra dimension to his character and on-screen presence for the audience to really invest and really care beyond the flash.

I'd like to see a heel turn attempted with him at some point really. I'm not usually one to suggest that as the quick fix but i'm intrigued as to how it would play out with Kofi and if R-Truth is anything to go by, it could help him find some purpose.

I agree with the MVP mention. A definite should be megastar. A lot of love here for Montel, he's got a ready made story that is fascinating, promotes pro-wrestling as a really, really good thing and every time it was touched upon with him in angles on TV he made for some tremendous viewing.

Some will counter that he's useless on the mic and that's why he'll never be a bona-fide star but, John Morrisons positives should overwhelm any negatives he has. I personally believe he has all the tools to be big time.

Sheamus certainly has the potential to be a great main event talent and i think he will be. There's totally a percentage of the crowd ready to embrace him and cheer for him.

Drew McIntyre. Chris Masters.

Drew can do everything Triple H could ever do but is a gazillion times more creative. I don't understand the lack of push, it's unforgivable. The dude is tremendous. All he needs is a big angle or storyline.

Masters is possibly the best face in the company. Immense seller and has a great arsenal of moves. He has really re-invented himself and it's a shame he's been wasted on Superstars for over a year now.

No surprise they had a fantastic match on Superstars a couple month back.

Kofi is the drizzling shits.

Drew can do everything Triple H could ever do but is a gazillion times more creative. I don't understand the lack of push, it's unforgivable. The dude is tremendous. All he needs is a big angle or storyline.

He's the best natural heel to come along in years. He really gets the psychology and body language aspects of wrestling as a heel, to the point where he puts me in mind of HHH in 2000.

They had the big angle, and it was a good 'un. The 'Vince's Chosen One' angle had a million and one possibilities, and they were exploiting it well for a while when he was humbling TEDDAY!!! Then they just lost interest and dropped it for no reason, let him go off the boil, and now he's working Superstars.

Masters is vastly improved and hey could do much more with him, but I can't see him as anything more than a solid mid-carder.

As far as I'm concerned, John Morrison by now should be the biggest star in the business apart from Cena. But a big part of not reaching that potential is his own fault - he needs to ditch the backstage heat-magnet that is Melina and focus on his career (specifically sorting out his verbal weaknesses, and trying to work with creative to strengthen his character) . Even with the attitude problems and the wanky promos, he should still be a money player though, and WWE have failed to properly capitalise on the things that make him unique.

Unfortunately, he forgot to shake hands with Droz or something, so they let the APA take his head off in his first match and killed him for the rest of the angle.

Don't know why but that made me chuckle :laugh:

The story that I remember going around was that O'Haire and his tag team partner back then (Chuck Palumbo wasn't it?) didn't know how things worked in the WWE and were keeping to themselfs backstage which resulted in Undertaker crying to the higher ups.

• Paid Members

I thought Sean O'Haire's career died on its arse because he had a habit for getting arrested every other week and beating up women in nightclubs? And he never progressed as a wrestler. He seemed to tick every box that the WWE likes in a wrestler, so he must have been doing something wrong. He even admits on that 101 Reasons Not to Be A Wrestler that he's a dick and didn't like doing hokey wrestler interviews or acting. He was an ex-kick boxer and got into wrestling because it was hot in the late 90s. A lot of ex-WCW wrestlers from the Power Plant fucked off from the business when wrestling started going down hill and the money dried up.

Which reminds me: Jerry Flynn should have been at least the United States champion because of his ring music alone. Here's Kwick Kick Jezza wrestling for the WCW Heavyweight belt against a severely concussed Bret Hart in one of Hart's final matches. Some say Flynn should have went over. I find it hard to disagree.

• Paid Members

Trent Barretta. Could easily have had the "Evan Bourne flukey underdog" push by now. People seem to like him.

If only he and Zack Ryder were moderate successes, there would be value in bringing Hawkins and Croft back in tandem to bring them down!

Masters is possibly the best face in the company. Immense seller and has a great arsenal of moves. He has really re-invented himself and it's a shame he's been wasted on Superstars for over a year now.

No surprise they had a fantastic match on Superstars a couple month back.

Kofi is the drizzling shits.

Drew McIntyre - you are joking surely. Maybe in British wrestling he could be the main main man, but in the WWE? Can't help but think of an angry Marti Pellow when i see him. Rubbish.

Morrison will be the man within a couple of years, once he turns.

Drew McIntyre - you are joking surely. Maybe in British wrestling he could be the main main man, but in the WWE? Can't help but think of an angry Marti Pellow when i see him. Rubbish.

John Morrison - you are joking surely. Maybe in indy wrestling he could be the main main man, but in the WWE? Can't help but think of an low-rent Jim Morrison when i see him. Rubbish.

John Morrison - you are joking surely. Maybe in indy wrestling he could be the main main man, but in the WWE? Can't help but think of an low-rent Jim Morrison when i see him. Rubbish.

That was his original gimmick, so therefore he must be doing something right. Once he turns bad he'll be headling a few b level ppv's and with the right storyline and alliances he could go further. He maybe just needs something like what Edge had in Lita to take him t the next level.

• Moderators

Is it a rule of the internet that if someone were to turn they'd automatically become 10000000% better?

See also: Cena, John.

Archived