Who should be bigger than what they are?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah, it is an internet fan cliche'...but it does and has happened in the past and very recently too. R-Truth is precisely 10000000% better since turning, for example. I liked him long before but, Batistas turn did him wonders too.

Sometimes it's just obvious that someone can excel or is more comfortable playing a certain side. I can see why some would say that about Morrison because he certainly did appear more natural and comfortable when he was heel. But, i personally think had he kept all the traits he had with his heel character he'd have eventually become popular and face by default anyway.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read in the Observer that Morrison has been taking lessons in public speaking or something during his downtime, so we'll see if that elevates him to The Next Level. Whiles some people are natural heels and some are natural babyfaces, it's generally mic skills, coupled with a good look, that get a wrestler over. Turning heel certainly isn't a magic bullet, although pretty boy Morrison would seem more suited to playing a cocky heel.

• Paid Members
Kofi is Tito Santana, which is fine. Some people just aren't supposed to be main event.

I'd second that, but then WWE seems, at times any way, to neglect its mid card. Its there but it doesn't invest in it to get characters and people over just for that role.

When things were hot they were putting time and thought into mid card names who never would main event, but it made the shows more meaningful and enjoyable as a result. You don't seem to get that as much now, or at least not with any consistency.

any way, I'll say Drew. Seeing him go ape shit at EC that time just made me love him, and I can't instantly recall much else he's done since.

Archived