old tv shows you used to like

wwffan2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbBqZyjkiE...feature=related

This shows not only one of my fave Kids cartoony shows, but also the brilliance that was the Broom Cupboard.

I truly think kids are spoilt nowadays with their own channels, I had from the time I got home from school till after Neighbours finished, to then eat tea in the kitchen whilst watching Home and Away on a cacky Black and White thing as me dad was watching the news on the big telly.

I lived that life and was more than happy with it.

That was actually the continuity announcers booth. Well known fact to be sure, but after CBBC you had the likes of First Class, Master Team and Rolf's Cartoon Club ( not sure what it was called on the Beeb) bloody awesome

I'm sorry but the running order was as follows for many many years:

Kids TV ending with Blue Peter or the Byker/Grange Hill variant on the odd days, then Newsround, and then the real continuity announcer kicked for Neighbours at 1715.

This did change a little later when Blue Peter came after Newsround.

I'm sorry but the running order was as follows for many many years:

Kids TV ending with Blue Peter or the Byker/Grange Hill variant on the odd days, then Newsround, and then the real continuity announcer kicked for Neighbours at 1715.

This did change a little later when Blue Peter came after Newsround.

Its only been 1715, since BBC lost Neighbours, where are you coming from?

Number of them really:

Knightmare

Spatz

Mind Your Language

I use to remember a kids show about 2 garden gnomes that use to love as well, but cannot remember the name.

David and wisdom of the gnomes i think is that show.

another one of my childhood favourites anyone remember this ?

• Paid Members

Sky 1 used to show Unsolved Mysteries in the early 90's, a fucking amazing show that shat on any UK version we tried (Strange but True) and was hosted by the velvet smooth Robert Stack.

• Paid Members

I've really tried to think of some shows I loved as a kid, but nothing comes to mind right now. Sorry.

• Awards Moderator
Actually, did anyone else here watch the Demon Headmaster? It was great especially as the Headmaster looked like my maths teacher

Yep, I remember it well. Always thought the Headmaster was the image of Arsene Wenger.

I also remember vaguely The Dark Season, which was a few years before that but of a similar ilk. It had a young Kate Winslet in it and was a great little show. There's also the obvious shout of The Queen's Nose, for which every pubescent lad would sack off all post-school activities. For Melody. Oh, Melody. Pity she grew up to look like Gareth Southgate.

Actually, did anyone else here watch the Demon Headmaster? It was great especially as the Headmaster looked like my maths teacher

Yep, I remember it well. Always thought the Headmaster was the image of Arsene Wenger.

Terence Hardiman, was in Ghandi... Mysterious forces at work here

i used to like all sorts, half of which i cant really even remember much about.

Woof!, The Queens Nose, Spatz, T-Bag, Bad Boyes (if anyone else remembers than, i salute you), Johnny Briggs, Simon + The Witch, Mike + Angelo, Knightmare, Byker Grove of course.

There are no doubt heaps more besides.

Archived