old tv shows you used to like

wwffan2

Two shows that spring to mind are Eerie Indiana, recently got the complete box set for my sisters birthday and there still great.

And the second being Vids from 4later, most of which can be found here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twilight Zone for me. I'm in the process of collecting the Blu-rays that are being released, and it looks incredible, but really what stands out is the storytelling.

There are some genuinely incredible stories in there, and obviously while the technology wasn't exactly up to par back then, the stories are what shine through.

To be able to present that many stand-alone stories where the majority are very watchable is pretty impressive.

Nice to see so many familiar faces show up in it too.

• Paid Members
Rod Serling is certainly a hero of mine. Which are your favourite TZ episodes?

Twilight Zone for me as well. Own them all in various quality but am looking at getting them all on Bluray now they are out.

Few of my fav episodes are:

The Obsolete Man, Its a good life, Time enough at last, The Monsters are Due on Maple Street (which was remade quite well during the 80s series of the TZ), EYe of the Beholder and The Invaders are all amazing and show just how great short stories can be used on tv

The Twilight Zone for me. I'm in the process of collecting the Blu-rays that are being released, and it looks incredible, but really what stands out is the storytelling.

There are some genuinely incredible stories in there, and obviously while the technology wasn't exactly up to par back then, the stories are what shine through.

To be able to present that many stand-alone stories where the majority are very watchable is pretty impressive.

Nice to see so many familiar faces show up in it too.

I couldnt agree more. id also suggest Night Gallery and also The Outer Limits

• Paid Members

I'll join some TZ love. I picked up the first series cheap and just love it. I've been meaning to get the rest but Its just the cost and time sadly.

The story's are amazing, there's some really well thought out and cleaver plots that really draw me in.

Edit:

I used to love Land of the Giants too, and was going to by it off a trader on DVD not long back but feared it would tamper with the memories and never be as good as I recall.

The ones that stickout from when I was younger was 'Fun House' and 'Finders Keepers' as I always wanted to do those myself. Also Motormouth becasue you got to play Magic Pockets over the phone with Gilbert and that bit was always good. Like many I was also addicted to Dogtanian, MCOG, Around The World With Willie Fog and Ulysses. Also loved Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors, Centurions and Pole Position if only for the theme song!

Now, the shows I miss that I loved are This Life, Chef & Due South. Also More recentley, Deadwood comes straight to mind. It ended far too soon.

Archived