1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

Having read that guys tweets I think he is just a fan who gave Shawn some shit on twitter for not coming after he has probably bought a ticket he has no chance in hell on getting a refund on.

i don't see why he's givin shawn a hard time when its been stated that shawn can't get a reply from 1pw maybe he should be contacting Danny and having a go at him

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The cut off point for me was when Rodd asked me if he could get in any trouble for it. That to me confirmed 100% that he had absolutely no idea what the fuck he was doing, the fact he even asked me, someone who he didn't actually know, let alone know if I myself knew any better than him, just said what a charlatan he was and is!

Before I started doing the 1PW site (again) I noticed he had put a video up on Facebook that basically cut together the nWo and DX entrance videos but with a "copyright disclaimer" saying it was fair use. I told him it wasn't, it was used in a commercial capacity and was absolutely copyright infringement and he could get into a lot of trouble if WWE caught wind.

Giving what else you said it may be around the time I told him that, that he asked you if it were true.

• Paid Members

The only people involved in this who are worst than 1PW are the absolute idiots who gave them a 15th chance because they "got HBK". It's hard to feel sympathy for you when after berating 1PW online for ages, you went crawling back because the ever trustable 1PW said they got Shawn Michaels. If in a couple of weeks when this has all died down, Danny Rodd came on saying he'd booked anyone from Scott Hall to Tyler Reks, you'd all bend over and throw your money at him.

• Paid Members
When this all falls apart as it no doubt will Danny needs to be investigated for fraud or something and should never be allowed near wrestling again he is ruining the UK scene

To be fair to Rodd I don't get the impression he's a knowing con man or fraudster, just that he's just a total arse head out of his depth. Perhaps he's a bit retarded or something.

That's not to say there aren't people knowingly conning people out of money in British Wrestling, I know there is, but I don't get the impression from what people say on here and other places he knowingly goes in to rip people off, its just he's so incompetent he can't help it winding up that way.

I don't know him though, that just the impression I've got.

There is too much ambiguity and contradictions in the info available but who are you going to believe? One guy is infamous for screwing people over, messing them about, making sure his friends are at the top of the card with all the belts and the other one is Danny Rodd :laugh:

• Paid Members
To be fair to Rodd I don't get the impression he's a knowing con man or fraudster, just that he's just a total arse head out of his depth. Perhaps he's a bit retarded or something.

That's not to say there aren't people knowingly conning people out of money in British Wrestling, I know there is, but I don't get the impression from what people say on here and other places he knowingly goes in to rip people off, its just he's so incompetent he can't help it winding up that way.

I don't know him though, that just the impression I've got.

From my experience, I don't think he sets out to all-out con people (otherwise 1PW would have never ran any shows under him) but he certainly doesn't do himself any favours by still taking money from people when it's not clear if Shawn's coming over or not; taking money for tickets to be posted (that then never turn up before the show).

On those points, yes he does need to be investigated of fraud as he's committed it, whether intentionally or not. He's old enough to know when he's out of his depth and he should have left this to someone with more experience like Mark Sloan rather than phoning Shawn's agents, asking how much, and signing a contract without understanding the ramifications of whatever situation has caused what is currently transpiring.

• Paid Members
From my experience, I don't think he sets out to all-out con people (otherwise 1PW would have never ran any shows under him) but he certainly doesn't do himself any favours by still taking money from people when it's not clear if Shawn's coming over or not; taking money for tickets to be posted (that then never turn up before the show).

On those points, yes he does need to be investigated of fraud as he's committed it, whether intentionally or not. He's old enough to know when he's out of his depth and he should have left this to someone with more experience like Mark Sloan rather than phoning Shawn's agents, asking how much, and signing a contract without understanding the ramifications of whatever situation has caused what is currently transpiring.

Oh yeah, I'm not going to disagree with you on that. I was just trying to say I get the impression rather than being a devious con man he's a bit of a bumbling lump who winds up conning people, if you will.

That shit with the tickets was a joke too, a right fucking joke.

The only people involved in this who are worst than 1PW are the absolute idiots who gave them a 15th chance because they "got HBK". It's hard to feel sympathy for you when after berating 1PW online for ages, you went crawling back because the ever trustable 1PW said they got Shawn Michaels. If in a couple of weeks when this has all died down, Danny Rodd came on saying he'd booked anyone from Scott Hall to Tyler Reks, you'd all bend over and throw your money at him.

i think this is a little harsh as i for 1 had only been to 1 previous 1pw event which went well and hadn't been slating them at all and alot of other fans wouldn't have known 1pw had history. I would also like to state that i will never buy any 1pw tickets in the future even if they said they had hogan, Austin,cena, rock or any other big name that you could think of

• Paid Members
i think this is a little harsh as i for 1 had only been to 1 previous 1pw event which went well and hadn't been slating them at all and alot of other fans wouldn't have known 1pw had history. I would also like to state that i will never buy any 1pw tickets in the future even if they said they had hogan, Austin,cena, rock or any other big name that you could think of

I'm talking more about the ones who've had this happen to them before. Or come on here slating him, then shat their pants when HBK was announced and couldn't give him their money fast enough.

I'm talking more about the ones who've had this happen to them before. Or come on here slating him, then shat their pants when HBK was announced and couldn't give him their money fast enough.

Those people are naive and stupid.

However, when you weigh them up to the people running 1PW, their countless mistakes and downright awfulness, they are in no way worse, and to suggest that they are is just downright nonsense.

Thats fair comment

AJ Spitfire has Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, etc for his next show if you wanted to give your cash to him instead.

awesome I'd Def be up for that lol

• Paid Members
i don't see why he's givin shawn a hard time when its been stated that shawn can't get a reply from 1pw maybe he should be contacting Danny and having a go at him

Stated where though? Here? What's to say this guy is a member here?

Archived