1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if any one else has bothered to, but I've submitted a story to Watchdog.

I think going to BBC Watchdog would be really bad for British wrestling Martin and you should maybe have held off. The reason being that if the case made it to TV it would just make people think that all of British wrestling is a joke in the eyes of the casual audience of its piss poor badly managed almost carny type way of running business. There are promoters that work so hard in this country at running very sucessful, well managed and entertaining shows such as PBW, IPW:UK, and Mark Sloans A-Merchandise events that if the story about 1PW made it to TV it would hurt companies like this as a parent walking down a street in a random town seeing a poster for a wrestling show may be put off attending as they saw the piece on telly last night about that dodgy British wrestling.

If something were to be put on TV like BBC Watchdog i think it would be best if it were handled carefully and sensitvely by the likes of a Mark Sloan. Have him talk to the BBC explain the situation and then explain to them that out there there is reputable wrestling companies and get Mark to tell people about the main reputable ones in the areas around the UK. Just so the piece on TV would talk first the negative dealings with 1PW then move onto the positive and have Mark talk about his A-Merchandise shows maybe a wee bit of footage of a professional ran show so the piece ends on a high for British wrestling.

Not sure if any one else has bothered to, but I've submitted a story to Watchdog.

With all due respect, I think this is big boys shit, get this pair on the case:

446_tom_scoffin.jpg

I would love the see them chasing this Danny Rodd fella down the street as he goes to fetch his Powerslam magazine from the newsagents.

I'm not going to say to much right now as may get carried away cause so pissed off about this all i will say is i will be contacting watchdog and trading standards too and urge everyone else to as well i would repost this info on the 1pw wall if i could but as I'm banned hope someone else will so that watchdog take this seriously rodd need's to pay for this

I think going to BBC Watchdog would be really bad for British wrestling Martin and you should maybe have held off. The reason being that if the case made it to TV it would just make people think that all of British wrestling is a joke in the eyes of the casual audience of its piss poor badly managed almost carny type way of running business. There are promoters that work so hard in this country at running very sucessful, well managed and entertaining shows such as PBW, IPW:UK, and Mark Sloans A-Merchandise events that if the story about 1PW made it to TV it would hurt companies like this as a parent walking down a street in a random town seeing a poster for a wrestling show may be put off attending as they saw the piece on telly last night about that dodgy British wrestling.

If something were to be put on TV like BBC Watchdog i think it would be best if it were handled carefully and sensitvely by the likes of a Mark Sloan. Have him talk to the BBC explain the situation and then explain to them that out there there is reputable wrestling companies and get Mark to tell people about the main reputable ones in the areas around the UK. Just so the piece on TV would talk first the negative dealings with 1PW then move onto the positive and have Mark talk about his A-Merchandise shows maybe a wee bit of footage of a professional ran show so the piece ends on a high for British wrestling.

Fuck that. Rodd deserves to be royally dropped in the shit. It should be made so his reputation is so bad, no one will ever and I mean EVER want to go near him again. It will also be good for future generations to learn from Rodd's fuck up, so no one even thinks of pulling the same tricks as he has.

Though alas, you can pitch away, but I very much doubt it'll get anywhere. The major TV networks won't give it the time, it won't appeal to enough people to be a worthwhile investment for starters.

Though this story really needs to be put out there! Any media that'll pay attention should be notified.

P.S. Danny Rodd is a cunt! :smug:

• Paid Members

Do you not think I thought about that?

At the end of the day, every industry has shady people. When a builder is exposed, no one's up in arms saying the building industry is in jeopardy. It's one (bad) company, that's screwed people over more than enough times and I just want them slapped in the fuckin' face because I'm sick of logging on here and every month there being drama about 1P fuckin' W.

Just a bit of added information for all you excellent people.

I'm one of the idiots that paid for a platinum ticket (massive Shawn Michaels fan, and I live in Doncaster so I thought this was great, obviously I was wrong)

I paid the first installment of

Just a bit of added information for all you excellent people.

I'm one of the idiots that paid for a platinum ticket (massive Shawn Michaels fan, and I live in Doncaster so I thought this was great, obviously I was wrong)

I paid the first installment of

Archived