1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

From Facebook

One Pro Wrestling

Its been said time and time again 1PW will not comment on ANY Rumours, Speculation, unless you hear from 1PW or Shawn Michaels then its not official and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

One Pro Wrestling: spoke to the dome on Tuesday and said there WAS a chance we may cancel the dates that's all. not that they would be. as for refunds, we have actually issued a lot of refunds, and as Daryl will have noticed, we have also not cashed any new cheques sent to us, and will not until everything is fully resolved

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is this show with 1PW and HBK? I can't wait for news of another episode of Rodd's Royal Fuck Ups!

Also for the record I was under the distinct impression HBK's meet and greet has nothing to do with 1PW officially. Rodd just bought a load of tickets to sell on and told people he'd personally negotiated with Michaels to come over for one of his shows.

From Facebook

One Pro Wrestling

Its been said time and time again 1PW will not comment on ANY Rumours, Speculation, unless you hear from 1PW or Shawn Michaels then its not official and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

One Pro Wrestling: spoke to the dome on Tuesday and said there WAS a chance we may cancel the dates that's all. not that they would be. as for refunds, we have actually issued a lot of refunds, and as Daryl will have noticed, we have also not cashed any new cheques sent to us, and will not until everything is fully resolved

What's annoying about this is that he's told the Dome that the shows MAY be cancelled. What would make him say that?

Also, the Dome are telling people it's 100% not going ahead. So The Dome could easily book something else for that weekend instead. Seems to be a complete shambles.

• Paid Members

so with Curtis, Lynskey, the PR Guy and that Maurice guy all gone from 1PW now, is it just Rodd left with full control and nobody to fall back on?

It's a shame, honestly a little expected but still a shame that so many people are gonna be losing out on money from this.

Hoping there's some form of resolution that can get people there money back anyway.

After the attempted sabotage attacks on our previous Norwich show we made a point to ALWAYS have back up venues in place regardless of whether we are working with promotions or not (say for example a fire occurs in the venue we have booked thus we're unable to use it or the dreaded "sorry, we double booked" which wrestling shows nearly always lose out on - we'll be as fine as we can be). Of course if needed should any replacement venue not be suitable to any ticket purchasing fans and they wish to cancel or exchange for DVDs of the upcoming show (which we've had happen in the past because a fan suddenly couldn't make it) then we would of course honour those. However there is currently no need for us to change or make any replacement venues and locations public as we are very much still at The Doncaster Dome on Saturday / Sunday October 8 & 9.

So everyone knows I have spoken to Danny and I've also spoken to Shawn's people and both are collaborating each others story that the weekend shows and appearances are on. Obviously anything could happen and things could change such is the nature of life but currently everyone is on the same page and as Shawn said on twitter everything is still a go and Danny and Shawn's people will be talking again today.

Wauw, you actually got a hold of Mr "I don't pick up the phone because I owe people/promoters/fans/friends a lot of money so I rather hide" Rodd. I bet he doesn't owe you money?! Good luck with your shows but with an incompetent person like Rodd, I should have a backup plan ready indeed.

And Barnes: wise move.

When is this show with 1PW and HBK? I can't wait for news of another episode of Rodd's Royal Fuck Ups!

Also for the record I was under the distinct impression HBK's meet and greet has nothing to do with 1PW officially. Rodd just bought a load of tickets to sell on and told people he'd personally negotiated with Michaels to come over for one of his shows.

Lol didn't you sign up to tell people to stop slagging off ptw, on the basis it does no good for the scene as a whole to be slagging of a bloke you don't know.

Since then you were desperate to rip into dirtbike kid, and now chomping at the bit to highlight how awful 1PW is.

A little hypocritical, no?

Lol didn't you sign up to tell people to stop slagging off ptw, on the basis it does no good for the scene as a whole to be slagging of a bloke you don't know.

Since then you were desperate to rip into dirtbike kid, and now chomping at the bit to highlight how awful 1PW is.

A little hypocritical, no?

No, I didn't sign up for the sole purpose to stop people slagging of Peter Staniforth. That was just the first thing I started posting about. I learnt something about Staniforth from this forum, and that's although he seems like a really nice, well meaning bloke, with his heart firmly in the right place. He's somewhat of a tit! He's brought all the negativity that surrounds him on himself and he and people he knows have come on here and said it in their own words. I'll never defend Staniforth again. There's just no point.

Why do you call the UK Kid the dirtbike kid?

With regards to Danny Rodd, I just want to see justice prevail and the charlatan to get what he deserves... To be ruined.

Do I consider myself a hypocrite? In principle yes. Though that was due to my initial ignorance to this forum. I mean, give me a break, I am still new.

the main point i would still say is the DONCASTER DOME are saying the shows off and giving refunds!!!!! its ok saying everythings still fine but if theres not venue.............

think i need to change the title again incase(very slim) the shows still on!

After the attempted sabotage attacks on our previous Norwich show we made a point to ALWAYS have back up venues in place regardless of whether we are working with promotions or not (say for example a fire occurs in the venue we have booked thus we're unable to use it or the dreaded "sorry, we double booked" which wrestling shows nearly always lose out on - we'll be as fine as we can be). Of course if needed should any replacement venue not be suitable to any ticket purchasing fans and they wish to cancel or exchange for DVDs of the upcoming show (which we've had happen in the past because a fan suddenly couldn't make it) then we would of course honour those. However there is currently no need for us to change or make any replacement venues and locations public as we are very much still at The Doncaster Dome on Saturday / Sunday October 8 & 9.

So everyone knows I have spoken to Danny and I've also spoken to Shawn's people and both are collaborating each others story that the weekend shows and appearances are on. Obviously anything could happen and things could change such is the nature of life but currently everyone is on the same page and as Shawn said on twitter everything is still a go and Danny and Shawn's people will be talking again today.

Dann - You need your back up plan then. There is no wrestling at the Dome on that weekend. All events are cancelled and the event has been removed from the website

Dome upcoming events

Sorry mate but 1PW are feeding you a load of crap.

On a lighter note - Bullseye is coming to the Dome and believe me in Doncaster you DO get something for 2 in a bed. Normally an itch a week later.

I hope UK workers can sort of learn from this. By that I mean It seems most people will work anywhere for anyone for a payday even if they are working for a wacked out fucking utter idiots like Danny. Although the idea of working against foreign talent would seem attractive for them (like their gonna show up anyway...) its to great to see guys stepping away.

If you think this is going to happen you are dead wrong. The Dome says its gone, I highly doubt there going to be accepting wrestling again. Huge shame because as it's already been said great venue and has held some fantastic shows over the years. And of course The Granby is burnt to the ground. I bet Super Zeta will love turning up to burnt down building in good old Doncaster.

The best way this can end is by having Johnny Moss german suplex Danny down a set of stairs or something.

What a complete joke! I love how Danny is denying it all. The Dome have pulled out.

Does this mean Dann Read has no venue for Pro Wrestling Eve Vs Ice Ribbon? I haven't bought my tickets for that event as i wanted to see what happened with the HBK fiasco.

Archived