1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Ironically it says 'Police' on the inside back of his jeans, I think it won't be the last time he has the police on his arse. Being done for fraud and sitting in jail for a bit can only be a good thing, he can get tips on how to survive from Waller at least.

have just recieved a message from Dann Read as ive asked him about his shows at Doncaster.......

Dann Read-Just spoke to Danny and he has not cancelled the shows so there seems to have been a misunderstanding with The Dome.

No doubt this will change when Dann accepts there is no "misunderstanding."

IMO dealing with 1PW is/was a mistake. I do wonder how many people are interested in the Pro-Wrestling EVE vs Ice Ribbon show but haven't purchased tickets because of the anticipation, or perhaps that should be foreboding of what would happen with the 1PW show? It has certainly put me off making a commitment to buying a ticket.

The outlay of tickets for 4 shows, the HBK meet & greet as well as travelling and accomodation too is a big pay-out. Only a brave or unwise (if they know 1PW's reputation as it is now) would risk going for it and splashing the cash.

I'm hoping that the EVE vs Ice Ribbon show goes ahead, even if it is at a different venue. I have faith in Dann that any tickets purchased will be honoured at an replacement venue, date or if completely cancelled I would get a refund. But, all the while there is that link with the 1PW show I won't commit to his show by purchasing a ticket in advance.

Depending on where the final event takes place I am most likely going to have to sort out accomodation. How can I budget for a weekend away when I'm not even sure where in the country I am going to be?

I wouldn't have far to travel for the EVE show, but the connection with 1PW is the reason I have not considered parting with my money, even though I have never heard of Dann Read conning people out of money like 1PW has.

I will never, ever, support any promotion that gets involved in running shows wit con artists like Rodd and Gauntley no matter who they are.

I urge everyone to do the same.

I hope Dann Read can find another venue for his show asap, hopefully close to the current one, but understand if he has to move it to a different part of the UK or even cancel it alltogether.

After the attempted sabotage attacks on our previous Norwich show we made a point to ALWAYS have back up venues in place regardless of whether we are working with promotions or not (say for example a fire occurs in the venue we have booked thus we're unable to use it or the dreaded "sorry, we double booked" which wrestling shows nearly always lose out on - we'll be as fine as we can be). Of course if needed should any replacement venue not be suitable to any ticket purchasing fans and they wish to cancel or exchange for DVDs of the upcoming show (which we've had happen in the past because a fan suddenly couldn't make it) then we would of course honour those. However there is currently no need for us to change or make any replacement venues and locations public as we are very much still at The Doncaster Dome on Saturday / Sunday October 8 & 9.

So everyone knows I have spoken to Danny and I've also spoken to Shawn's people and both are collaborating each others story that the weekend shows and appearances are on. Obviously anything could happen and things could change such is the nature of life but currently everyone is on the same page and as Shawn said on twitter everything is still a go and Danny and Shawn's people will be talking again today.

• Paid Members
After the attempted sabotage attacks on our previous Norwich show we made a point to ALWAYS have back up venues in place regardless of whether we are working with promotions or not (say for example a fire occurs in the venue we have booked thus we're unable to use it or the dreaded "sorry, we double booked" which wrestling shows nearly always lose out on - we'll be as fine as we can be). Of course if needed should any replacement venue not be suitable to any ticket purchasing fans and they wish to cancel or exchange for DVDs of the upcoming show (which we've had happen in the past because a fan suddenly couldn't make it) then we would of course honour those. However there is currently no need for us to change or make any replacement venues and locations public as we are very much still at The Doncaster Dome on Saturday / Sunday October 8 & 9.

I hope you have your back-up venue ready then, Dann.

I've just called the Doncaster Dome Box Office - 01302 370777 - who told me that all wrestling events on the weekend of October 8th/9th at the Dome were cancelled on Monday.

If you booked tickets through the venue, you'll get a full refund. If you didn't.... I wish you luck.

See, that's a handful of people now who've called the Dome and all been told that the events were cancelled BY 1pw earlier in the week.

But then I've also heard from other people that they've been in touch with Danny and things are fine and nothing's been cancelled.

So why would the venue say they have been?

Someone, somewhere, needs to sort the whole mess out, for everyone's sake - and do it very soon! What a fustercluck.

Some bloke called Matt Barnes has just posted this on the FB page...is he the great PR guy? -

The 1PW Situation

My name is Matt Barnes and I feel that I must write to you all to clarify some issues and explain my situation in relation to 1PW.

Two weeks ago, Danny Rodd

just read the blog.

communication in any business is its main foundation. without it a business can not operate as we are seeing first hand with 1PW.

DVD wise it is inexcuseable for people to be waiting 2 months for what they purchased. it would take half a day to post out the DVDs.

charging people for postage for tickets and seemingly not one being sent out is fraud. 1PW is rotten to the core and the brit wres industry is on damage limitation because of the actions of one man and company. its terrifying

Archived