1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the ex WWE guys Rodd did manage to get over, he didn't actually get over himself? That makes him even more of a loser! How the fuck did he even get someone who was competent enough to seal the deal with Nash and Rhyno? The main reason I am baffeled by is because if you're able to get those guys to wrestle for a promotion (especially when you consider the promotion is Danny Rodds 1PW), why the fuck would you be working for a fuckwit like Rodd and not setting up your own wrestling company!?

So the ex WWE guys Rodd did manage to get over, he didn't actually get over himself? That makes him even more of a loser! How the fuck did he even get someone who was competent enough to seal the deal with Nash and Rhyno? The main reason I am baffeled by is because if you're able to get those guys to wrestle for a promotion (especially when you consider the promotion is Danny Rodds 1PW), why the fuck would you be working for a fuckwit like Rodd and not setting up your own wrestling company!?

Danny did book the talent, however when danny went abroad......a lot of the talent were ready to pull out.

I made countless calls to various US talent, convincing them to still come over in may

If i had the money i would set one up, truth is anyone running shows...should make sure they have the money in place to pay all talent,flights hotels and ex's

BEFORE they book halls and big show's, NOT advertise and book talent on the assumption that they will sell enough to cover there outgoings!

Yeah, I thought that was what Rodd was playing at. Those are the actions of a desperate man and someone who's obviously very arrogant, deluded and somewhat disrespectful to the business. Rodd was telling people he had loads of money to put into the company, though I can't see how he would have what with being 1) only 22/23 years old and 2) someone who clearly doesn't have much experiance in running a business. Does Rodd actually have ANY money?

The thing I don't get though mate, is if you knew Rodd was doing this why did you associate yourself with him? You must have known this was a fucking stupid thing to do?!

Yeah, I thought that was what Rodd was playing at. Those are the actions of a desperate man and someone who's obviously very arrogant, deluded and somewhat disrespectful to the business. Rodd was telling people he had loads of money to put into the company, though I can't see how he would have what with being 1) only 22/23 years old and 2) someone who clearly doesn't have much experiance in running a business. Does Rodd actually have ANY money?

The thing I don't get though mate, is if you knew Rodd was doing this why did you associate yourself with him? You must have known this was a fucking stupid thing to do?!

Saw the chance to nick a ring, lynskey just can't resist it, hee.

Nah, answers obvious, if you want to be in the industry being involved with large shows, dealing with international recognised talent, all the experience involved. It's not like you can say no to 1PW and automatically get the same experience somewhere else, you go where the work is and do your best to break in, and hope their plans come good, even if you do think they probably won't.

Danny did book the talent, however when danny went abroad......a lot of the talent were ready to pull out.

I made countless calls to various US talent, convincing them to still come over in may

If i had the money i would set one up, truth is anyone running shows...should make sure they have the money in place to pay all talent,flights hotels and ex's

BEFORE they book halls and big show's, NOT advertise and book talent on the assumption that they will sell enough to cover there outgoings!

100% correct , I know before every show even before I sell a ticket that I can pay for everything and pay everyone. I honestly believe that there is money to be made from imports and fully intend to do it but when it is right and at the right price, not booking them and hoping that tickets will sell !

I am sure I see on here at one time that he works in the Carphone Warehouse or somewhere similar, probably isn

anymore info yet as 1pw are just stating everything should be ok as usually and we all know from past events concerning them that its prob all lies

Saw the chance to nick a ring, lynskey just can't resist it, hee.

Nah, answers obvious, if you want to be in the industry being involved with large shows, dealing with international recognised talent, all the experience involved. It's not like you can say no to 1PW and automatically get the same experience somewhere else, you go where the work is and do your best to break in, and hope their plans come good, even if you do think they probably won't.

In the past I've contacted various wrestling promotions in England about doing some media work for them. Danny Rodd from 1PW showed interest and wanted me to put together some promotional videos together for him. He started by saying he'd send me some old 1PW DVDs for my to rip and edit bits together. This never happened, I emailed him to ask what was going on to, which he replied by sending me some links to some youtube videos of the old 1PW (from other peoples accounts) and some old WCW nWo videos. He then asked if I could rip them (off youtube) and edit them together for him. The more I found out about Rodd and the more contact between us went on the more I had my doubts. I too being keen and passionate to work in the wrestling industry, a wanting to get whatever I could, was still willing to go along with it, even though I knew it was looking very very dodgy indeed. The cut off point for me was when Rodd asked me if he could get in any trouble for it. That to me confirmed 100% that he had absolutely no idea what the fuck he was doing, the fact he even asked me, someone who he didn't actually know, let alone know if I myself knew any better than him, just said what a charlatan he was and is!

Yes, I LOVE this business. However, no, I do not feel it's worth working in it, if it means you have to take the risk with bullshit of this magnitude! It can be harmful to you in the long run, especially when you look how Rodd is now on the verge of being blacklisted and rigtfully so. I'll be suprised if anyone believes a word he says soon. After this latest version of 1PW is over I doubt he could ever work in this business again.

reading breifly through shawns twitter account things its looking increasly unlikely he will be over in Oct. Im sure Danny will continue his usually crap by stating things are still on and dismiss the stuff on twitter but who would you believe Danny or HBK himself I certainly know who'd I believe. When this all falls apart as it no doubt will Danny needs to be investigated for fraud or something and should never be allowed near wrestling again he is ruining the UK scene

Having read that guys tweets I think he is just a fan who gave Shawn some shit on twitter for not coming after he has probably bought a ticket he has no chance in hell on getting a refund on.

Archived