RING FOR A JOB

aaron

My personal favorite part of the website: PTW Take On the World...

And I Quote: "And in what is something quite groundbreaking, PTW have working relationships with professional wrestling promotions in Australia, Austria, England, Belgium, and America."

Ignoring the basic lack of grammar in the first 5 words of that sentence, I'd love to know what his working relationships actually are? They don't fly in international talent, they don't help advertise each others shows, they don't put on joint ran shows. I think he is getting "mates I've ment on the internet" confused with business colleagues.

If I was pedantic, I'd say that the world favourite has the letter 'u' in it, and that your spelling of the word clients in your signature isn't exactly correct either. But in regards to AJB, that's just another name to add to the list of people who have always been polite enough (read : two faced) in person, and then make comments publically. Oh wait, that's your ideal of 'professionalism' isnt it? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the corrections. I don't mind making mistakes on a fan forum but to do it on a website, for lack of a better term, is pretty rubbish. I'll be the first to admit my spelling can be pretty shitty at times, I'm happily dyslexic.

Firstly, being polite to your face and then publicly posting comments are in two completely different time periods. I was nice to your face years ago when I was a not very talented green as grass wrestler, like your entire roster, trying to get any bookings I could. I had no issues with you and I guess counted you as somewhat of a friend. Then I worked out I was not up to the standard (mentally or physically) I needed to be to be a respectable wrestler and happily left the business. I didn't want to be just another shitarse British Wrestling personality, I had seen to many along the way, I just wish others could do the same.

Like the time me and a carload of my friends had wrestled on one of your shows up north, and at the end of the night you walked into the locker room and announced that "you had no money to pay any of us, but thanks for putting on a great show". I learnt after such events that you were clearly a total shitarse, a term that has somehow worked it's ways into my everyday vocabulary, and began to join the every growing mob of people posting the truth about the level of your general incompetence :thumbsup:

Nicely put -AJB- :thumbsup: . I would like to add in your defence, That although you have walked away from active wrestling, Your passion for the grappling game continues & I for one have seen the hard work you continue to do to support it. Not only have i seen you do it, but also worked alongside you on different ventures. Trying to do things the right way & for the same hourly rate as me (F*ck All!) :thumbsup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My personal favorite part of the website: PTW Take On the World...

And I Quote: "And in what is something quite groundbreaking, PTW have working relationships with professional wrestling promotions in Australia, Austria, England, Belgium, and America."

Ignoring the basic lack of grammar in the first 5 words of that sentence, I'd love to know what his working relationships actually are? They don't fly in international talent, they don't help advertise each others shows, they don't put on joint ran shows. I think he is getting "mates I've ment on the internet" confused with business colleagues.

If I was pedantic, I'd say that the world favourite has the letter 'u' in it, and that your spelling of the word clients in your signature isn't exactly correct either. But in regards to AJB, that's just another name to add to the list of people who have always been polite enough (read : two faced) in person, and then make comments publically. Oh wait, that's your ideal of 'professionalism' isnt it? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the corrections. I don't mind making mistakes on a fan forum but to do it on a website, for lack of a better term, is pretty rubbish. I'll be the first to admit my spelling can be pretty shitty at times, I'm happily dyslexic.

Firstly, being polite to your face and then publicly posting comments are in two completely different time periods. I was nice to your face years ago when I was a not very talented green as grass wrestler, like your entire roster, trying to get any bookings I could. I had no issues with you and I guess counted you as somewhat of a friend. Then I worked out I was not up to the standard (mentally or physically) I needed to be to be a respectable wrestler and happily left the business. I didn't want to be just another shitarse British Wrestling personality, I had seen to many along the way, I just wish others could do the same.

Like the time me and a carload of my friends had wrestled on one of your shows up north, and at the end of the night you walked into the locker room and announced that "you had no money to pay any of us, but thanks for putting on a great show". I learnt after such events that you were clearly a total shitarse, a term that has somehow worked it's ways into my everyday vocabulary, and began to join the every growing mob of people posting the truth about the level of your general incompetence :thumbsup:

Nicely put -AJB- :thumbsup: . I would like to add in your defence, That although you have walked away from active wrestling, Your passion for the grappling game continues & I for one have seen the hard work you continue to do to support it. Not only have i seen you do it, but also worked alongside you on different ventures. Trying to do things the right way & for the same hourly rate as me (F*ck All!) :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words Mr D

This page really makes me want a new Shitarse Top 50 doing, I'm sure I'm not the only on that has seen a new crop of potential shitarses rise up from the "training schools" of this country.

Bit disappointed to see that this has got a negative response, it was just a way to get people interested in learning to wrestle, or be involved around the business; in the same way that others advertise, and just on a larger scale. Didn't realise it'd get that much attention to be honest. But on the bright side, we now have a mainstream television station, and show, looking to film a piece on this.

Which I'm sure will go fantastically well and won't paint wrestling in a bad light at all. :rolleyes:

All I can say is that I hope it will go well, and that I certainly WILL be trying to portray the business in the right manner, despite the cynicism, which I accept.

its a good idea,got more chance of workers in the jobcentre,than on this site

• Paid Members
Edit: Is Petey on every fucking poster that the league have ever had? Check them out. "JAMES MASON VS JOHNNY KIDD (with trouserforthlolz in the background).

Yes. Yes he is.

I'm almost positive that's my photo of Johnny Kidd on that poster too, which was taken at an LDN show rather than a PTW one. A simple query to a couple of UK photographers would have almost certainly come up trumps with an actual colour photo of Johnny, but I guess not asking for permission and just using a sepia image on an otherwise full colour poster makes much more sense.

You think you've been ripped off mate ...

baz.jpg

'powertripwrestling' date='Jul 4 2011, 17:32' post='2401418']

Anyway, I've done my bit of trying to be polite on here, I've made an effort; clearly it isn't going to change your views; so I'm not bothering anymore. On a day when I even do my best to put over the entire UK wrestling scene on national radio, and you're generally STILL bitching and complaining; I realise that it's just not worth the effort of trying to be social on here, and so I won't bother anymore on any level. The last time I checked, the only man I have to answer to in this life, is the one you meet when it's over, and so you guys can crack on talking, and such, with your apparently boundless levels of negativity; and I'll get on with what I want to do, and however much it seems to offend you all, have fun in my life.

Cheers,

- Petey.

If PTW is your idea of a good effort, you are a fool and more importantly if there is a god, he wouldnt give a shit about your little wrestling company so stop using that as an excuse. Leave the wrestling to the proper wrestlers, I realise you wouldnt know what a proper wrestler is meant to be like but there's quite a few youtube videos and dvds you can get.

To quote a Hall of Famer:

" The trouble with you kids today, you don't know enough to to know you don't know, you know?" And don't worry you'll get that one tomorrow..

I imagine this is it:

http://www.powertripwrestling.info

Holy shit, I've just gone back to 2001!

it seems to function like a game on the spectrum circa 1989

Someone said it best the other week when they said something like youre not just content running shit shows in front of 12 people, you want to shout it from the rooftops

If you realised how bad your set up is then surely you would realise coverage isnt going to bring punters in, its going to turn them off. The problem is it doesnt just turn them off PTW, it turns them of British wrestling as they are uneducated to know otherwise. Toruing is also a worry, fuck your own area up, dont go to other people's to screw over their area. I have resisted from commenting for so long as I dont want to come across unprofessional but there are so many good promotions out there, leave it to the "professionals" and try to get a gig working for them. Do not try to bring in people from the street in any way shape or form and train them as I dont see how anyone at PTW is qualified to do so. It is like the blind leading the blind. There is so much wrong with PTW being in business and the reason it gets more heat than others isnt due to bullying or anything like that, it is due to PTW being the most in your face crap company by a long way, constantly pimping how everyone else is a poor imitiation or something as ridiculous.

I imagine this is it:

http://www.powertripwrestling.info

Holy shit, I've just gone back to 2001!

it seems to function like a game on the spectrum circa 1989

Someone said it best the other week when they said something like youre not just content running shit shows in front of 12 people, you want to shout it from the rooftops

If you realised how bad your set up is then surely you would realise coverage isnt going to bring punters in, its going to turn them off. The problem is it doesnt just turn them off PTW, it turns them of British wrestling as they are uneducated to know otherwise. Toruing is also a worry, fuck your own area up, dont go to other people's to screw over their area. I have resisted from commenting for so long as I dont want to come across unprofessional but there are so many good promotions out there, leave it to the "professionals" and try to get a gig working for them. Do not try to bring in people from the street in any way shape or form and train them as I dont see how anyone at PTW is qualified to do so. It is like the blind leading the blind. There is so much wrong with PTW being in business and the reason it gets more heat than others isnt due to bullying or anything like that, it is due to PTW being the most in your face crap company by a long way, constantly pimping how everyone else is a poor imitiation or something as ridiculous.

I would hope that every reputable British wrestling promoter is calling/texting/emailing H&J tomorrow to at least try and get the record set straight. They're good guys and one of them is somewhat of a fan so if enough people call i'm sure they will give it some thought at least. Alex Shane might be the best person.

• Paid Members

Back on the subject at hand; how do they propose to offer 14 HOURS of work a week to ANYONE when, according to their upcoming events page, their 'next show' was back in May?

Are the Job Centre actually obliged to look into the employers who use their service, or can anyone looking to get a few column inches in the Metro post whatever garbage they want?

I'm genuinely quite angry about this, as it seems like a waste of the Job Centre's time, jobseekers' time, and taxpayers' money. All just to give this talentless spacker his day in the sun.

• Moderators
That is honestly the worst roster I have ever seen. The only ones who looks remotely not shit are "The Business".

I'm just pissing myself that there's a gentleman on it called "Mason Storm". You might want to google that name, but it is NSFW.

That is honestly the worst roster I have ever seen. The only ones who looks remotely not shit are "The Business".

Who needs another UKFF Shitarse countdown when Petey's website has it all wrapped up for us already. The boys on this PTW 'Roster' look about as hard as John-Wayne Bobbits cock! I gotta say though that my favourites have to be 'Ref Man' (he's so mental he's named on there twice!) The Ghetto Superstar (WTF!) and Kevin Carter who if he doesn't come out to the Manic Street Preachers song of the same name then Petey has seriously missed a trick on that one....that gimmick has so many big fucking legs!

Archived