RING FOR A JOB

aaron

Promotor goes talent spotting on Giro day and doesn't see the issues.... hasn't ever noticed the lack of adverts for footballers, comedians, magicians, etc in there.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last British show I went to wasn't bad, had a decent crowd and some good matches with Mad Man Manson, Stixx and some others. No rip-offs of WWE gimmicks or anything like that. I think there's the talent out there, especially when you think of the Brits who have been in WWE/TNA/Japan in the last few years.

14 Hours a week means he can still sign on and get his giro!

A better idea would be to do it as a "volunteering" position, as Jobseekers are allowed to do volunteer work and if they do the Jobby get right off their case about looking for work, though I think you might only be able to volunteer for non profit organizations, but like with most Brit-Wres companies I doubt that's a problem. :laugh:

A better idea would be to do it as a "volunteering" position, as Jobseekers are allowed to do volunteer work and if they do the Jobby get right off their case about looking for work, though I think you might only be able to volunteer for non profit organizations, but like with most Brit-Wres companies I doubt that's a problem. :laugh:

If he worked it right he could probably get the Job Centre to pay him for "employing" people.

The only problem with that is yes you can still sign on but they deduct what ever you earn out of your benefits so you would be down money working for him

The only problem with that is yes you can still sign on but they deduct what ever you earn out of your benefits so you would be down money working for him

I thought it was something like 'you keep the first

Mikey Whiplash said it best in another thread when quoting Einstein but I just would like to ask PT a couple questions...

PT, nothing personal (and you know that) but can you honestly look at your product and say 'Yes, a national platform to showcase this will help the 'reputation' and preconceptions of wrestling shows in the UK and have no negative or embarrassing effects whatsoever'? Have you seen other wrestling promotions in the UK? Are you prepared to take a look at the videos shown in this post in order to see what people are on about? It's not about you 'not being everyone's cup of tea' like you say, not being everybody's cup of tea would be because you're offering a different style or offering a product to a different for example more niche audience. Can you honestly look at your product and then the others listed below and say "our fans wouldn't enjoy that"?

Your product:

Others:

(I know there are MANY other great promotions here in the UK but these were just a few that came to mind as being easy to find clips on YouTube about)

• Paid Members
A job centre is advertising for professional wrestlers - but any applicants will need to provide their own leotard.

They will work 14 hours a week and be prepared to step in the ring on

Archived