RING FOR A JOB

aaron

• Paid Members
Bit disappointed to see that this has got a negative response, it was just a way to get people interested in learning to wrestle, or be involved around the business; in the same way that others advertise, and just on a larger scale. Didn't realise it'd get that much attention to be honest. But on the bright side, we now have a mainstream television station, and show, looking to film a piece on this.

Which I'm sure will go fantastically well and won't paint wrestling in a bad light at all. :rolleyes:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Bit disappointed to see that this has got a negative response, it was just a way to get people interested in learning to wrestle, or be involved around the business; in the same way that others advertise, and just on a larger scale. Didn't realise it'd get that much attention to be honest. But on the bright side, we now have a mainstream television station, and show, looking to film a piece on this.

To all of you on here concerned, which I understand : I will be looking for this to be as positive as possible, and am most certainly NOT trying to damage the business; and I'd like to clarify that now, as oddly enough, I'm starting to care what you guys think as I'm getting older. I'd ask your patience and leniency on the subject, as it's being done with the right intentions. :thumbsup:

Well, bar Nick. But no one cares about Nick anyway. :rolleyes:

Now you're here, perhaps you could expand on this "14 hours a week" thing..... is Lister right in saying that much of these 14 hours will be used in repeating the phrase "Mind if I put this up in your window mate?"

Which I'm sure will go fantastically well and won't paint wrestling in a bad light at all. :rolleyes:

All I can say is that I hope it will go well, and that I certainly WILL be trying to portray the business in the right manner, despite the cynicism, which I accept.

• Paid Members

I know people who defend British Wrestling say "well, it has its good points if your ignore the shitarses", but surely the fact people like "Stainontrouserforth" (lolz Tommyboi) can operate in the business is evidence of how poor it is? Its ridiculous. British Wrestling coughs up so much shit per year, its a massive put off for anyone ever wanting to get into it. Anyone else agree? I mean, you dont even need training, gear, charisma or anything to wrestle or promote in this country. It takes no skill what so ever. If your a mark and dont fancy earning any money, some twat will put you on his show as the Tracksuit Kid or something. If I was Mark Sloan or someone who has gained a reputation both home and abroad for putting on good shows and training wrestlers, I'd cry myself to sleep at night knowing what kind of vermin lurks around the type of business I'm trying to earn a living in and help thrive. I for one will never be into British wrestling, because its just rotten. I dont like Ring of Honor, but at least I respect what they are doing and know their intentions are at least good. In this country the bad far outweighs the good.

I know people who defend British Wrestling say "well, it has its good points if your ignore the shitarses", but surely the fact people like "Stainontrouserforth" (lolz Tommyboi) can operate in the business is evidence of how poor it is? Its ridiculous. British Wrestling coughs up so much shit per year, its a massive put off for anyone ever wanting to get into it. Anyone else agree? I mean, you dont even need training, gear, charisma or anything to wrestle or promote in this country. It takes no skill what so ever. If your a mark and dont fancy earning any money, some twat will put you on his show as the Tracksuit Kid or something. If I was Mark Sloan or someone who has gained a reputation both home and abroad for putting on good shows and training wrestlers, I'd cry myself to sleep at night knowing what kind of vermin lurks around the type of business I'm trying to earn a living in and help thrive. I for one will never be into British wrestling, because its just rotten. I dont like Ring of Honor, but at least I respect what they are doing and know their intentions are at least good. In this country the bad far outweighs the good.

This is exactly what I was thinking myself.

but its ~BRITWRES~ so we just have to accept it y'know..itsajobinnit.

But on the bright side, we now have a mainstream television station, and show, looking to film a piece on this.

Seriously now, if you give even the slightest shit about wrestling in this country, tell whoever is interested in doing a piece about this issue that you are NOT INTERESTED.

There is absolutely no way, whatsoever, in a million years that this won't be someone entirely taking the piss out of you, your 'company' and pro wrestling in Britain.

Any press off the back of "hahaha, stupid wanker wrestling company advertised in the Job Centre, what twats" is going to be negative. Very negative.

It's shit like this that gets your the negative feedback. Not only are you running crappy shows that 'draw' 13 people, but you insist on trying to make everyone know about it - instead of having the reaction most people would have if they drew 13 people = shame!

To be honest with ya eddie I wouldn't even bother mate guys like him dont care just like every guy who takes abooking from the likes of him its why britwres is and always will be ajoke despite the efforts of the minority of promoters/wrestlers that actually do give a shit about trying to make the scene something special.

as for you pete your a waste of fucking oxygen.

• Paid Members
But on the bright side, we now have a mainstream television station, and show, looking to film a piece on this.

Seriously now, if you give even the slightest shit about wrestling in this country, tell whoever is interested in doing a piece about this issue that you are NOT INTERESTED.

There is absolutely no way, whatsoever, in a million years that this won't be someone entirely taking the piss out of you, your 'company' and pro wrestling in Britain.

Any press off the back of "hahaha, stupid wanker wrestling company advertised in the Job Centre, what twats" is going to be negative. Very negative.

It's shit like this that gets your the negative feedback. Not only are you running crappy shows that 'draw' 13 people, but you insist on trying to make everyone know about it - instead of having the reaction most people would have if they drew 13 people = shame!

Exactly, If any of you saw the BBC documentary about Dave Kidney's promotion a couple of years back you'll know how the media love to take the piss out of wrestling - especially shitarse wrestling.

• Paid Members
Maybe they could come and film one of your shows pete? if you get the camera crew and director and your kids to sit in the crowd you might be able to fill 2 rows up? ;)

Oh, will you fuck off? It's like watching two retards fight; it's pathetic.

It's the same deal in America too - there's plenty of shite shows in front of awful crowds that we don't hear about, much like almost nobody outside of our little bubble will have heard of PTW. For every ROH and Dragon Gate USA, there'll be a bunch of shows full of crap. I went to a Steve Corino run show a couple of months back that drew a hefty crowd of twenty, and there was some decent talent on, but also a lot of rubbish. I do hate the "BritWres is rubbish" rant that always comes up, because it really is just indy wrestling as a whole.

Maybe they could come and film one of your shows pete? if you get the camera crew and director and your kids to sit in the crowd you might be able to fill 2 rows up? ;)

Oh, will you fuck off? It's like watching two retards fight; it's pathetic.

Fucking hell, your a miserable cunt today

It's the same deal in America too - there's plenty of shite shows in front of awful crowds that we don't hear about, much like almost nobody outside of our little bubble will have heard of PTW. For every ROH and Dragon Gate USA, there'll be a bunch of shows full of crap. I went to a Steve Corino run show a couple of months back that drew a hefty crowd of twenty, and there was some decent talent on, but also a lot of rubbish. I do hate the "BritWres is rubbish" rant that always comes up, because it really is just indy wrestling as a whole.

Agreed.

I went to a show at the Elks Lodge in NY with Homicide, a couple of Japanese imports and a bunch of (at the time) undercard RoH types. It drew about 85 people.

Not PTW bad, but a really shitty turnout for a well known venue with some name talent.

Archived