WWE CM Punk DVD

Flash

was thinking today will the wwe ever bring out a best of cm punk dvd, the stuff he has done with jeff hardy, taker, randy orton and cena among others is just great, well worth a dvd

i came up with this...in the style of the wwe 3 disc sets, obviously you'd add in his promos as features and stuff, but I reckon this aint bad.

The New Breed of ECW

ECW: CM Punk vs. Justin Credible

Survivor Series: CM Punk, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and the Hardy Boyz vs Edge, Randy Orton, Mike Knox, Gregory Helms and Johnny Nitro

Wrestlemania 23: Money in the Bank

Judgement Day: CM Punk vs Elijah Burke

One Night Stand: CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman vs Elijah Burke, Matt Striker and Marcus Cor Von

Vengeance: CM Punk vs Johnny Nitro for the Vacant ECW Championship

ECW: CM Punk vs John Morrison (Punk wins the ECW Championship)

Mr Money in the Bank and Raw Superstar

Wrestlemania XXIV: Money In The Bank

Raw: Cashing in Money In The Bank against Edge

Raw: CM Punk vs JBL

Forfieting the Championship at Unforgiven

Raw: CM Punk and Kofi Kingston vs The Legacy

Extreme Rules: CM Punk vs Umaga (Samoan Strap Match)

Cashing in Money in the Bank for a second time

Raw: CM Punk vs Edge vs Jeff Hardy

Straight Edge Savior and Heel Turn

Night of Champions: CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy

Summerslam: CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy (TLC Match)

Breaking Point: CM Punk vs The Undertaker (Submission Match)

Straight Edge Society - Converting the masses

Over The Limit: CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio (Punk goes bald)

Fatal 4 Way: CM Punk vs Jack Swagger vs Rey Mysterio vs The Big Show

Summerslam: CM Punk, Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury vs The Big Show (Handicap Match)

The New Nexus

taking control of the Nexus

Wrestlemania XXVI: CM Punk vs Randy Orton

Extreme Rules: CM Punk vs Randy Orton (Last Man Standing Match)

Capitol Punishment: CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

Raw: CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio (#1 Contender's Match)

Money In The Bank: CM Punk vs John Cena

I'd say so, Jericho was unfortunate in that they considered him a midcarder for so long, I think Punk has actually established himself as more of a main eventer over the past few years. Punk has drifted down at points, but never too far from the top tier. So I think they'll release a DVD over the next 3 or 4 years. I'm assuming Punk will take a break and maybe come back around Rumble time, probably with a lot of fanfare and a top WM program. Give him a year or two of solid main event work and he's there. I was surprised when Punk mentioned being there almost 6 years, it certainly doesn't feel that long, but including OVW it's about right.

• Paid Members
I'd say so, Jericho was unfortunate in that they considered him a midcarder for so long, I think Punk has actually established himself as more of a main eventer over the past few years.

That just isnt right, though is it? I dont even know how anyone could compare the two of them. Look at Jericho's career and the feuds he's had and the positions he's found himself in. He's been a far more established headliner in the WWE's and the fans eyes. Punk isn't as established a headliner as Jericho is or was. You say that Jericho was seen as a midcarder, but look at Punk since 2006? He's been up and down, turned a million times, had title reigns where his opponents look 10 times better than him and swapped brands more than anything else. As much as people are on CM Punk's dick at the minute, he wasnt as over as Jericho was in 2000. Jericho was mega popular and over in 2000. Jericho was on the poster of WrestleMania 2000, because he was the original choice for Linda's pick (until Foley got the gig). He was massive in 2000.

I'd buy a Punk DVD set no matter what's on it but I'm liking Cobra's selection, dot in a very generous handful of promos and what not and I'd love that, I'd definetly want the whole scene when Punk pulled on the Nexus arm band and unveiled himself as the new leader, with a few promos following that and then showing the moment when he turned on Barrett, forcing him out of the Nexus, maybe have a few of his head shaving scenes mixed together with SES as a little highlight package, another little package of the night when he made all of the Nexus members go through an initiation and then the promo when he was on top of the titantron on the same night, the worked shoot from this week is a must too as is the time he came to the ring and sang Happy Birthday to Rey Mysterio's daughter. I might stick in an odd match or two where he is doing commentary as an extra, some short ones where he was at his best on commentary. Maybe as another extra have one or two important OVW matches. the OVW match where he won the OVW TV Title from Ken Doane (Kenny Dyksytra) and the OVW match where he won the OVW Title from Brent Albright in a Strap Match, or maybe just one of his defences against someone like The Miz if Brent Albright might be a bit of an unfamiliar face for WWE audiences, especially as a heavyweight champion. It'd be pretty cool to have a few interviews with Punk too about various things in his personal life, such as his straight edge lifestyle, his tattoos and what they mean to him, how he got into wrestling and so on, maybe have a few interviews with other various wrestlers, such as those who have worked with him.

I'd love a proper documentary like feature but they might not have enough footage or anything as I'm unsure what footage they'd be able to get a hold of. I know guys like Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan etc have footage from past promotions that are now a part of the WWE library in their DVD sets and that really helps to show their evolution and growth throughout and within the promotions, companies such as AWA, WCW, NWA, ECW but obviously WWE wouldn't be able to use TNA footage, not sure about ROH but at a guess I'd be saying no, so they could only use Punk's OVW footage for it.

I'd say so, Jericho was unfortunate in that they considered him a midcarder for so long, I think Punk has actually established himself as more of a main eventer over the past few years.

That just isnt right, though is it? I dont even know how anyone could compare the two of them. Look at Jericho's career and the feuds he's had and the positions he's found himself in. He's been a far more established headliner in the WWE's and the fans eyes. Punk isn't as established a headliner as Jericho is or was. You say that Jericho was seen as a midcarder, but look at Punk since 2006? He's been up and down, turned a million times, had title reigns where his opponents look 10 times better than him and swapped brands more than anything else. As much as people are on CM Punk's dick at the minute, he wasnt as over as Jericho was in 2000. Jericho was mega popular and over in 2000. Jericho was on the poster of WrestleMania 2000, because he was the original choice for Linda's pick (until Foley got the gig). He was massive in 2000.

I think this is a bit over the top to be honest, Yes Punk didnt go round the world to big promotions like Jericho did, but they got into the business at very different times. Punk still went round the world and went everywhere he possibly could. Although I will give you Punks main event to midcard was a bit shakey he has always been in a prominent position like jericho and the only time I felt he was not even in the Uppercard at all after being so was in 2008 post losing the title to Wrestlemania 25. In regards to turns he went from Face when he arrived to Heel and has stayed there since 09.

ANything about being over etc compared to 2000 is bollocks to because of how different the product is now a peoples reactions in general.

In reagrds to the topic I think a 2 disc punk DVD would work with a similar list as above just cut down as I wouldnt want more than one MITB and normally they dont bother with consecutive matches ala Hardy vs Punk. Plus would you really bother with that 4 way?

• Paid Members
I think this is a bit over the top to be honest, Yes Punk didnt go round the world to big promotions like Jericho did, but they got into the business at very different times.

Whats that got to do with anything?

Punk still went round the world and went everywhere he possibly could.

Or that?

ANything about being over etc compared to 2000 is bollocks to because of how different the product is now a peoples reactions in general.

Exactly. Jericho didnt have the luxury of swapping brands for new opponents every month. Its much easier to stand out in a roster full of cookie cutter green wrestlers than it was on the roster Jericho started off in. You can always compare the past to current day (as you did in your post about travelling the earth or something). Jericho was buried upon his arrival from people who didnt like him and he won over McMahon and got himself over by adapting. And in recent years, he redeveloped himself and got a big run out of it. Jericho's always been a uppercard wrestler who can slip into the main event slot whenever they want him to. CM Punk's always been an uppercard wrestler, who can very easily slip into the midcard whenever they want him to.

Also, wasnt that the whole basis of his "shoot" promo? That WWE wont push him any further than a certain level and he isnt marketed like everyone else? If he was a big of a star as Jericho and as established, it wouldnt be much of a truthful promo would it?

I'm not comparing to Jericho in the past, I'm talking Jericho in his final year or so. Of course he was shit hot in 2000, everyone was shit hot in 2000. The Godfather and D'Lo Brown were massive around that time. I'm not saying Jericho is a midcarder now or anything, I'm saying that while Jericho has constantly flip flopped and gone up and down the card, taking beatings from NXT rookies, midcarders and guest hosts, while CM Punk has carried feuds in promos, led factions and competed against Mysterio, Cena and Orton over the past year. CM Punk in 2009 got a better reaction against Jeff Hardy than Jericho was in his Mysterio feud IMO, and delivered about the same quality of work. There's not much separation between the two at all, I love both, but I think Punk has edged it in his last year. Compare the Jericho of August 2010 to Punk of June 2011. Basically if both were in the company now, I'd have Punk in a world title feud ahead of Jericho, but I'd probably make Jericho the next challenger in line.

• 4 months later...
I'd say yes. Not for ages though. Just depends on how much they push him. They waited ages to release a Jericho DVD and Jericho is a bigger star with better content.

Yeah but also...

zkn1_wwe_morrison.jpg

Although that must have sold like shit, because they gave the Kofi DVD away free with the magazine.

Archived