Striking Question

ajmcstyles

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a fight - Is the killer instinct something your born with or can it be taught?

I seem to be on the defence alot.

I thought this was the bizarrest thing I'd read in ages...

Basically put since my grammar sucks.

Is the will to charge and something your born with or can it be taught?

And then I read this.

• Paid Members
To all..

Well heres a theory for you... In a fight you are either born with that killer instinct to go for the kill charge and go nuts or your not.

Well I've just come out of a fight at a local comp got my arse handed to me twice in a stand up fight. Ok I admit my stand up is piss poor and I prefer to roll that stand up so im a grappler simple as.

The problem with my fight was I didnt have that killer instinct to go in and go for the win and got knocked out by an illegal strike to the head, but most of the time i spent alot of time defending when i should of been striking, since it was a stand up fight only I couldnt catch the leg like a normally do and charge and do for the takedown leading to a submission.

With the people on here, have people found a way to get that killer instinct or do you agree either your born with it or your not

Strange lad.

Look, seeing as nobody is taking this thread as seriously, I'll give you some advice. Or try to.

Killer instinct comes through adversity. You've got to get that fire, kid. I heard about a friend of a friend who was a boxer, who was dealing with the death of a mate. in an incident connected with a boxing match. The guy was talented too, and fun to be around. He was missed, lets say that.

Anyway, almost in tribute to the guy, his friend trained even harder. He was doing it old-school too, and his trainers were gobsmacked. It was like he had a demon inside him that he was trying to beat. Didn't hurt that he overcame some relationship troubles he was having with his bint of a wife, like. Anyway, he did alright for himself and won a good fight or two for someone on his level, although you don't hear about him now.

So yeah, you've got to find a will inside yourself that comes from being mad about something. I know it sounds melodramatic, and to be fair, I got told this story in a pretty melodramatic way. But think about this, honest, it'll help. Just my 2c.

• Moderators
Look, seeing as nobody is taking this thread as seriously, I'll give you some advice. Or try to.

Killer instinct comes through adversity. You've got to get that fire, kid. I heard about a friend of a friend who was a boxer, who was dealing with the death of a mate. in an incident connected with a boxing match. The guy was talented too, and fun to be around. He was missed, lets say that.

Anyway, almost in tribute to the guy, his friend trained even harder. He was doing it old-school too, and his trainers were gobsmacked. It was like he had a demon inside him that he was trying to beat. Didn't hurt that he overcame some relationship troubles he was having with his bint of a wife, like. Anyway, he did alright for himself and won a good fight or two for someone on his level, although you don't hear about him now.

Yeah, but in a situation like that there's no easy way out, you have to conquer your demons.

Archived