Striking Question

ajmcstyles

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Would AJMCStyles not have won the bout if he was knocked out by an illegal strike?

That's not a true win though. That's not the way the ancient warlords would've wanted their battles to end. They weren't satisfied until they were picking their teeth with the bones of their fallen enemies. An educated warrior wouldn't have let the illegal strike land. AJ has a long road ahead of him if he hopes to understand their technique and develop his own KILLER INSTINCT.

What is an illegal strike in a street fight? Was he bummed cause that's pretty bad manners, though technically not illegal in terms of getting the win.

• Paid Members

AJMCStyles I just walked in the door from watching Kung Fu Panda 2. It was ok not as good as the first one but my boy enjoyed it. From what I got from the film is you need to find "inner peace" Po found out about his parents and the terrible thing that happened to them, this then allowed him to catch rain drops and find his "inner peace".

• Paid Members
That's a bit insulting to pandas really.

Well they've basically refused to evolve and are now endangered as a result.

Sounds like AJ all over to me.

I am dyslexic so my spelling and grammar is pretty poor at best, I tend to miss out sections. I think I typed them when looking back I completely missed the point that I was trying to get across.

As for the fight. Yes it was an amateur MMA bout that I participated in, only a friendly between clubs so nothing major. Sorry I should of mentioned that, NOT a street fight.

As for the fight itself. It was an illegal strike to the head which knocked me out. I was out clean for good 10-20 seconds, I was out before I hit the ground. I lost the fight as I was unable to continue and it was a unintentional strike, and I was unable to continue the fight with only 4 seconds to go of the first round. I'm not bitter about the defeat its a combat sport and accidents are bound to happen. You've got to look back and laugh.

What bothered me in the stand up game I am a really defensive fighter. I lack confidence in my stand up to charge and control the fight setting the pace. I just unsteady with it. I prefer the ground game to being stood up but even with that I'm use to pulling guard then countering to being on top.

This led me to ask the question - Is setting the pace/the killer instinct/being confident in stand up etc... something you are born it with or is it something you can learn through training.

There I think I explained it well enough.

Archived