WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk's opening promo was brilliant because he looked like himself doing whatever he wanted, but the next 2 hours and 50 minutes was fucking dogshit. A dance off between a bad announcer and an annoying middle aged woman that belongs on Loose Women? Wow, that will bring in the viewers. Mysterio involved with Punk and Del Rio? Never seen that before. The world's longest arm wrestling match that not even the biggest WWE mark could care for, Mason Ryan's match was cringe worthy. He can't do anything, he is useless, as are the divas. The commentary was dire, Del Rio has gotten stale, Cena and Orton are still involved in title pictures (and winning nearly every fucking week), R Truth is overrated, and why in god's name did they have the Smackdown general manager making matches on Raw? I am so sick of the current state of WWE, have you seen the poster for the next PPV? Something has to be done, they need to do something new and exciting, but they won't. They won't even use Zack Ryder properly, and now that Punk's leaving, he is the only decent thing they have.

• Paid Members
Maybe Punk will win the title do a promo in the ring where he brags he's going to leave with the belt only for the Raw MITB winner to cash in and beat him.

I could see Del Rio winning the MITB as the rumour for the Summerslam main event is Del Rio vs Cena for the WWE Championship maybe though it will be Cena challenging for the title

The only problem is taking the tile from Punk that way would get Del Rio a big face reaction and he would have to work really hard over the following weeks to be as hated again.

Seeing as WWE like to do a pin for pin like system with their 'top' stars. That makes sense, as CM Punk pinned Del Rio last night.

I'll be heartbroken if CM Punk leaves. He's the only guy on the roster that can make anything interesting. The crowd are really into him as well just now. Every segment/match you get very clear CM Punk chants - it will be mental the reception he gets in Chicago (unless CM Punk punches a kid in the face, Cena is the heel).

Anyway, the show was a bit rubbish.

I loved the three way interaction between R-Truth, Christian and The Miz.

Michael Cole dancing is always a good time.

• Paid Members
Punk's opening promo was brilliant because he looked like himself doing whatever he wanted, but the next 2 hours and 50 minutes was fucking dogshit. A dance off between a bad announcer and an annoying middle aged woman that belongs on Loose Women? Wow, that will bring in the viewers. Mysterio involved with Punk and Del Rio? Never seen that before. The world's longest arm wrestling match that not even the biggest WWE mark could care for, Mason Ryan's match was cringe worthy. He can't do anything, he is useless, as are the divas. The commentary was dire, Del Rio has gotten stale, Cena and Orton are still involved in title pictures (and winning nearly every fucking week), R Truth is overrated, and why in god's name did they have the Smackdown general manager making matches on Raw? I am so sick of the current state of WWE, have you seen the poster for the next PPV? Something has to be done, they need to do something new and exciting, but they won't. They won't even use Zack Ryder properly, and now that Punk's leaving, he is the only decent thing they have.

Its your positivity Dill, that makes your posts so insightful and interesting to read. That along with your excellent command of the concept of paragraphs.

In all seriousness, I actually do agree, it was a fairly awful show overall, with the exception of Punk.

I had to turn off after the Evan Bourne - Mason Ryan "match".

Before hand they show a great video package of Evan, showcasing his exciting in ring style and then have him basically squashed to one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen. There's no way that a majority voted Mason Ryan to take part in that match! Surely?!

• Paid Members

Raw - Punk = ugh

He saved that show, take his promos and match out of the equation and that may have been one of the worst RAWs ever.

I'm just growing sick and tired of watching the show at the moment.

The Miz, needs a new schtick and a fresh face to challenge, that is credible in his challenge

ADR, needed the belt at Wrestlemania, he's becoming clich

• Paid Members

Could this be the most uninspired and lazy period of WWE history?

They really don't seem to give anything close to a shit or care about anything. The creative team seem to just be on auto-pilot and my guess is Vince is burnt out and probably doesn't even watch the shows anymore.

Other than CM Punk, who I've ran out of superlatives for. This show didn't really do much for me. It was enjoyable to an extent but hardly brilliant.

Anyone notice R-Truth popping up then falling back down as Orton began his pre-RKO antics? Hilarious. He made it look like he was still dazed from the DDT, nice try but no cigar.

For a second I actually thought Christian was going to get the win until I saw Cena behind him.

I genuinely thought they were setting up a MITB match on Raw when R-Truth, Christian & Miz all got involved with each other.

Not much more can be said that hasnt already...but i'll add my two cents about Mason Ryan..At the risk of upsetting anyone on here who actually likes him, i really do feel he fucking shite. He looks like he is so clumsy he may just randomly fall over, his facial expressions are shocking( his "Intense" look is more "confused") and his overall act is just shite.Even Batista had something going for him that they managed to drag out and turn into a headline act, this big muppet is devoid of any ability other than to lift heavy weights and lie under a sunbed! And for them to say that the "universe" voted for him to face Bourne? Its pretty obvious from the boos he received that they bloody well didnt. He really is dead weight. Fuck him off back to the holiday camp circuit. Total shite.

Not much more can be said that hasnt already...but i'll add my two cents about Mason Ryan..At the risk of upsetting anyone on here who actually likes him, i really do feel he fucking shite. He looks like he is so clumsy he may just randomly fall over, his facial expressions are shocking( his "Intense" look is more "confused") and his overall act is just shite.Even Batista had something going for him that they managed to drag out and turn into a headline act, this big muppet is devoid of any ability other than to lift heavy weights and lie under a sunbed! And for them to say that the "universe" voted for him to face Bourne? Its pretty obvious from the boos he received that they bloody well didnt. He really is dead weight. Fuck him off back to the holiday camp circuit. Total shite.

I thought it was quite obvious that Mason Ryan was chosen in the voting. The fact that Swagger, Ryan and Bourne were all laughing and that they obviously had no match worked out and called it all in the ring.

• Paid Members
Regarding the CM Punk announcement. Is it a possibility this is all a big work?

Perhaps. He tweets this.....

CMPunk CM Punk

I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.

CMPunk CM Punk

I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.

CMPunk CM Punk

Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX

Yet on his old Livejournal page - http://cmpunk.livejournal.com

June 15 2005

I knew I was gone at the beggining of the year.

I just woke up one day and knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I honestly knew i'd be history by June.

Come say goodbye on Saturday, I promise to go out with a bang.

Trust me.

XxX

If he is working us it doesn't matter. Punk is awesome.

Archived