WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the CM Punk announcement. Is it a possibility this is all a big work?

With Punk's involvement and his general savvy of what the 'internet' is thinking, could we have another Daniel Bryan situation? He knows everyone is expecting him to leave, so what if he doesn't?

Punk's admission that he is leaving would lead pretty much everyone to believe there is no way he can win the Title from Cena. But then suddenly he does. You get an amazing angle where the WWE Champion no longer works for the WWE. Could be really interesting to see Cena's desperate attempts to somehow get his rematch with Punk. Maybe legends turn up at Punk's home trying to convince him to do the right thing and defend the belt. Punk keeps turning up on the Titantron taunting Cena with the belt.

Almost definitely won't happen but it would be interesting if it did I think.

Regarding the CM Punk announcement. Is it a possibility this is all a big work?

With Punk's involvement and his general savvy of what the 'internet' is thinking, could we have another Daniel Bryan situation? He knows everyone is expecting him to leave, so what if he doesn't?

Punk's admission that he is leaving would lead pretty much everyone to believe there is no way he can win the Title from Cena. But then suddenly he does. You get an amazing angle where the WWE Champion no longer works for the WWE. Could be really interesting to see Cena's desperate attempts to somehow get his rematch with Punk. Maybe legends turn up at Punk's home trying to convince him to do the right thing and defend the belt. Punk keeps turning up on the Titantron taunting Cena with the belt.

Almost definitely won't happen but it would be interesting if it did I think.

I think there's a chance Cena could lose the belt and they go down that road, but it would most likely turn crap within a week, just like Cena getting fired and hundreds of other "great" ideas WWE have involving superstars who have been fired/no longer work for the company.

It has been said a thousand times but CM Punk is just amazing. Every single little thing he did last night, even just in that opening promo, was fantastic. Raw last night was a bit better than usual but that's mainly because of how amusing it was, along with matches that got a lot of time (main event, triple threat, Kofi/Ziggler). There were no crap backstage comedy moments - the stupid stuff happened in the ring which always seems to come off better. Also the crowd were very vocal which was nice.

Few thoughts on Raw

1) Why did fans vopte for an arm wrestling match when there were options that involved wrestling?

2) Why did fans vote for Mason Ryan to face Borne? Surely if he's face they'd wnat him to have an easier match.

3) Kingston/Ziggler 2 out of 3 falls. Isn't that about getting the most points? If so shouldn't Kingston not be US Champ?

Maybe Punk will win the title do a promo in the ring where he brags he's going to leave with the belt only for the Raw MITB winner to cash in and beat him.

I could see Del Rio winning the MITB as the rumour for the Summerslam main event is Del Rio vs Cena for the WWE Championship maybe though it will be Cena challenging for the title

The only problem is taking the tile from Punk that way would get Del Rio a big face reaction and he would have to work really hard over the following weeks to be as hated again.

Few thoughts on Raw

1) Why did fans vopte for an arm wrestling match when there were options that involved wrestling?

2) Why did fans vote for Mason Ryan to face Borne? Surely if he's face they'd wnat him to have an easier match.

Well I think that proves the voting was legit as I doubt any of them was the choice WWE wanted to happen in fact I think both of them was put in there to be the one nobody would pick.

3) Kingston/Ziggler 2 out of 3 falls. Isn't that about getting the most points? If so shouldn't Kingston not be US Champ?

I'd say an Iron Man match is more about getting points. 2 out of 3 falls is just that, 3 singles matches. It was 1-1 and the third fall was a DQ so the champion would retain. Of course, WWE can and will change rules to suit whenever they like so it's not as though it matters much. But I certainly didn't think anything weird of the ending when I saw it.

I'd say an Iron Man match is more about getting points. 2 out of 3 falls is just that, 3 singles matches. It was 1-1 and the third fall was a DQ so the champion would retain. Of course, WWE can and will change rules to suit whenever they like so it's not as though it matters much. But I certainly didn't think anything weird of the ending when I saw it.

So what if there was a disqualification in the first fall? Would the rest of the match be void?

So what if there was a disqualification in the first fall? Would the rest of the match be void?

Ask WWE.

Ask WWE.

I'd love it if WWE had a department which would answer all of my trivial questions. Maybe that's what David Hart Smith is up to now.

Zack Ryder has just faced Drew McIntyre on Superstars. Madness.

Did he win?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I believe so

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I can't believe the E didn't capitalise on Ryder's internet popularity. They coulda made a fair whack of cash if they included him in a vote.

Then it would be 1 nil to Kofi and they would start the second fall

In past 2 out of 3 falls matches they have always emphasized that it doesn't matter what the falls are the 1st one to 2 falls will be the winner and in the case of title matches the new champion even if if the last fall is DQ or countout they have even made a point of saying when it's down to 1 fall the champion can't risk getting DQ or counted out as he will lose the title.

Archived