Women's Wrestling: A Critique

Mr. Seven

So calling me a spacker , or other people calling me a stalker is debating with me?

Your putting words in my mouth here.

I don't deny that my views are deeply entrenched, I think it is naive to say I'm the only one with deeply entrenched views (There are a few posters on both sides of the debate).

Also I don't deny I made a stupid comment about you and Sweet Saraya. I regret saying it to tell the truth as it was a comment said in the moment without thinking.

Now I am going to make this clear, I enjoy women's wrestling, it is not a sexual thing. However this doesn't seem to be a good enough reason for some people.

I think we will need to agree to disagree on the womens issue, some people think its crap, others think it isn't, lets leave it at that.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last year or so, most of the matches I've seen involving females in WWE or TNA have been garbage. Every now and then there'll be a hidden gem, which is always wonderful to see. But I don't tend to watch those products for their women

I find it intresting people say 'lack of character' when layCool were one of the highlights of WWE in 2010, the ring work wasnt great but the micwork was funny, the gimmick worked really well and Layla progressed so much, just a pity she's injuried atm

And the Bella's recent 'Twin magic' has been one of the best heel gimmicks in wwe this year

But i must stress how poor the womens division is on a whole in WWE

I find it intresting people say 'lack of character' when layCool were one of the highlights of WWE in 2010

But they were an exception (not just among the women, but an exception to most of WWE's lower and midcard). And there seems to be a curious, hypocritical attitude from some of the respect-all-women feminist blokes on the Internet that McCool only got anywhere because she sucked Undertaker's cock, the dirty slut. Not like those paragons of virtue Mickie James and Gail Kim, who should be pushed to the moon and respected as pure vessels and workers of the highest calibre.

Not like those paragons of virtue Mickie James and Gail Kim, who should be pushed to the moon and respected as pure vessels and workers of the highest calibre.

What's Gail Kim done to deserve getting lumped in with Mickie James?

• Paid Members
Without Scott D'Amore to tell her step-to-step how to throw confetti without letting go of the bucket, she isnt much cop.

I'd still smash her fanny all the way back to Korea though, you with me on that Freaky?

Have to say Gail Kim is over-rated by some people (even me until recently). Whenever you try to write her off, there are always two defences.

1- Lets be honest, if you work with shit, your gonna look shit, most of Gail Kim's matches in WWE have been poor wrestlers, but Beth Phoenix got decent matches out of them, as had Natalya. So that defence is a dud.

2-The Kong vs Kim feud. The problem is it now looks like that was more to do with Scott D'Amore and Amazing Kong then it had to do with Gail Kim.

Mickie James has looked awful in the ring in TNA, and as I have said before it was as much a case of looking like a decent wrestler compare to the girls they already had in WWE, in that she could wrestle at all to a semi-decent match.

Heck even I'll admit to defending these two, but its getting ridiculous.

If you ask me (no one is, but who gives a f**k) Sara Del Rey is the best womens wrestler (as a Wrestler) in the US, Cheerleader Melissa in a close second. Not seen enough of Madison Eagles to have a fair judgement, but she looks quite good in ring as well. Tells you alot about what the big two want that only one of these three performed on TV for them.

The Kong vs Kim feud. The problem is it now looks like that was more to do with Scott D'Amore and Amazing Kong then it had to do with Gail Kim.

I'd say it probably had a lot to do with the chemistry she had with Kong, but you don't have really good matches because a fued has been booked well. You can possibly have a good fued with a shit disappointing blowoff. So in summary, Gail Kim is shit, but with the right opponent can look better than she really is. I thought she had a pretty good match with Kelly Kelly one time on Superstars. Remains the only diva match of note I've seen in the last 12 months.

Oh, and I'd agree on Sara Del Ray being the #1 woman's wrestler in the US at the moment.

• Paid Members

I haven't kept up to date with TNA as a whole product, let alone the females, or drop outs whatever they call themselves now, but I have seen a few of ODB's matches and some segments/promos and I was impressed. From what I've seen, she doesn't seem to be rated very highly by many people on here but I like that she certainly is different, and right off the bat I could tell that she takes what she's doing very seriously and I could tell that she understands the ring craft side of things. I'm going to have a look into a few of her matches on Youtube, and see if my curiosity is well-founded, or whether she just has a different look but no substance. I really hope it is the former, though, as I can see this possibly turning into a long-term thing. :) Nah, seriously, I like what I see so far.

Archived