UEFA U21 Championship Thread

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Don't know if its thread warranted or not so feel free to move to the Misc Football thread if not..

Anyone watching this - England play Spain tomorrow, Sky Sports showing every game too, thoughts on our chances? - Xherdan Shaqiri really outstanding young player the Swiss have there, and really never saw Belarus humbling Iceland the way they did so they maybe a dark horse.

Scores from earlier..

Belarus 2-0 Iceland

Denmark 0-1 Switzerland

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We actually have quite an exciting U21 squad out there, in the past we have 5 decent players, but this whole squad seems to be made up of quality players that would slot into most Prem teams, our defensive line up is fantastic, add to that Rodwell, Albrighton and Henderson in midfield and Sturridge and Wickham up front and we may very well be in with a serious shout here.

I'm quite glad Wilshere and Carroll haven't gone in a way, Carroll isn't as multi-dimensional as the above two strikers or even Delfouneso in my opinion, and I truly believe Wilshere is just bred from the Arsenal Youth Academy Hype Machine (like Larsson and Bendtner before him)

I hope they do really well

• Paid Members
I truly believe Wilshere is just bred from the Arsenal Youth Academy Hype Machine (like Larsson and Bendtner before him)

Have you ever seen him play football?

Yup

you say Wilshere is from the hype machine and yet your there saying we have a quality squad because it features Rodwell Henderson and Connor Fucking Wickham?

I fucking love Rodwell, he's a solid hard working football player that does his job well. Henderson has oodles of potential, and in my opinion has more so than Wilshere who I find to be a grade A arsehole before a good footballer.

Wickham is untested at higher level football, but I see bags of potential. From the forward four, I'd play him above Delfouneso and Welbeck (A really shit small version of Any Cole) although Scott Sinclair could play up there too.

• Paid Members

I'm not buying this Rodwell thing. Where as he being impressing everybody because I've not seen it. Henderson can play no doubt but i think he is a mid-table player even when he reaches his potential. Welbeck really really really isn't that good just had a few good months. Delfouneso speed could always cause problems but i don't see a goal scorer in him.

I'm not buying this Rodwell thing. Where as he being impressing everybody because I've not seen it. Henderson can play no doubt but i think he is a mid-table player even when he reaches his potential. Welbeck really really really isn't that good just had a few good months. Delfouneso speed could always cause problems but i don't see a goal scorer in him.

Agree, I've never seen anything special from Rodwell (bar the few decent goals). Delfouneso is one of the worst strikers I've seen in along time, can't believe there is any hype over him - he's even worse than Nile Ranger imo.

• Paid Members

The way I see Rodwell is this,

For every Charlton there was a Stiles, for every Zidane there was Deschamps. Rodwell is that 'water carrier' in my opinion. Does the simple thing well and allows those in front to play. He's still got a lot of growing to do in the position he wishes to hold down, but I see him easily being the holding midfield player England have missed so much since Paul Ince.

SAF is a fan, that's more than enough for me.

As someone who adores that holding midfielder role in football, I can't wait to see how Rodwell blossoms, and this tourney may allow him to take that step up.

BTW, if Pearce plays Mancienne, he's a fucking moron.

Are there any players from your own teams that you think should've been called up?

From Wolves I would've said Danny Batth was worth an outside shout, but with Smalling and Jones, it may very well have been a redundant call up. Zeli Ismail is still a tad too young, but it won't be long before he's shitting all over players like Wilshire

• Paid Members

Agree, I've never seen anything special from Rodwell (bar the few decent goals). Delfouneso is one of the worst strikers I've seen in along time, can't believe there is any hype over him - he's even worse than Nile Ranger imo.

Delfouneso has a number of golden boots in this competition at U19 and U17 level, so you really haven't seen enough of him, I'd say his only flaw is decision making and the confidence in himself.

(Yes I do know him so you may consider it biased)

• Paid Members
Delfouneso has a number of golden boots in this competition at U19 and U17 level, so you really haven't seen enough of him, I'd say his only flaw is decision making and the confidence in himself.

(Yes I do know him so you may consider it biased)

I like Delfouneso, a speedy little fucker who hasn't as of yet had a real chance to showcase his abilities

Archived