UEFA U21 Championship Thread

Psygnosis

The way I see Rodwell is this,

For every Charlton there was a Stiles, for every Zidane there was Deschamps. Rodwell is that 'water carrier' in my opinion. Does the simple thing well and allows those in front to play. He's still got a lot of growing to do in the position he wishes to hold down, but I see him easily being the holding midfield player England have missed so much since Paul Ince.

SAF is a fan, that's more than enough for me.

As someone who adores that holding midfielder role in football, I can't wait to see how Rodwell blossoms, and this tourney may allow him to take that step up.

BTW, if Pearce plays Mancienne, he's a fucking moron.

Are there any players from your own teams that you think should've been called up?

From Wolves I would've said Danny Batth was worth an outside shout, but with Smalling and Jones, it may very well have been a redundant call up. Zeli Ismail is still a tad too young, but it won't be long before he's shitting all over players like Wilshire

He's not, the papers are.

Rodwell has potential, but hes stood still for about 18 months, im not saying hes shit, hes just not the

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What can I say, the boys heavily overrated, it's not his fault like, but he is not 'the answer' to English football's problem. He's a half decent midfielder, nothing more.

I really do await McCarthy to blood Ismail and show you what a quality youngster is all about.

What can I say, the boys heavily overrated, it's not his fault like, but he is not 'the answer' to English football's problem. He's a half decent midfielder, nothing more.

I really do await McCarthy to blood Ismail and show you what a quality youngster is all about.

My mate has backed Iceland as he's under the misapprehension that they are the best under 21 team ever, because they have several full caps in their squad. I've tried to explain to them that they are all still from Iceland, plus they only just qualified over Scotland.

I've backed Switzerland as they're a decent outside bet and their under 17s won the World Cup 2 years ago.

Wilshere is a good footballer with tremendous potential, but you can't deny there's an insane amount of hype surrounding him. It's typical of the English media to laud a player to the point it threatens to crush them. Wilshere is just the latest in a long line of English players to receive this treatment.

• Paid Members
I'm assuming posting the video of this half decent midfielder playing against the greatest team of all time would be wasted?

Lee Sharpe played a blinder against Barcelona once

Because a fit Lee Sharpe was a brilliant player. Strange thing to say.

He was in no way the saviour of English football though was he, he was a high decent left winger. The same way Wilshire is nothing more than a half decent midfielder

Archived