Yokozuna

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

you can talk about Yoko being complimented for being safe all day, but there's no way he didn't take liberties with them jobbers. He basically drops his entire weight on thier chest at full force.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can talk about Yoko being complimented for being safe all day, but there's no way he didn't take liberties with them jobbers. He basically drops his entire weight on thier chest at full force.

Jobber's were great back in the day but like fuck would I want to be one, doing them over seemed to be an accepted practice.

Definitely one of those guys who was a hell of a lot better than he got any credit for looking back.

Indeed. I always liked Yoko, thought he was tremendous. He gets harshly criticized as a rubbish champion.

Agreed. He worked a minor miracle at SummerSlam 93 against Lex Luger.

• Paid Members

Dynamite Kids used to abuse them, because WWF regulars got $50 for a TV taping and jobbers got $500. Even though they werent on the road earning the big money, it must have rubbed the WWF stars up the wrong way that the jobbers were getting that much for doing a job. Iron Mike Sharpe must have been loaded. He was never off TV back in the day.

I'd say this is just as bad. Look at Mable's finisher against Duane Gill at 4:30

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mlyr_me...rry-hardy_sport

Yeah, wasn't Mabel notorious for injuring people back in the day?

He smashed The Undertakers face in 1995 and sat on Diesel with undue force during the main event of SummerSlam 1995

• Paid Members

How the hell didn't Rikishi kill Val Venis after this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHR36wY0e6c

It warranted a 'Look at the carnage' call from JR and everything, still one of the most impressive spots I've seen in WWF/E. If the 'universe' hadn't have shat all over the 'I did it for The Rock', Rikishi may have made for a quality monster heel

• Paid Members
Dynamite Kids used to abuse them, because WWF regulars got $50 for a TV taping and jobbers got $500. Even though they werent on the road earning the big money, it must have rubbed the WWF stars up the wrong way that the jobbers were getting that much for doing a job. Iron Mike Sharpe must have been loaded. He was never off TV back in the day.

The more I read about Dynamite Kid, the more i'm convinced he was an utter cunt.

Never understood the lack of respect that job guys got from some Wrestlers.

• Paid Members

Isn't the Dynamite Kid 'mistreating jobbers' story built around the fact he body-to-back suplexed Foley from the top rope once, after all Foley could come up with before the match was 'I can bump'?

And the clothesline that followed was Foley's fault by his own admission

I've never heard any other stories than that about Billington and Jobbers

• Paid Members

Foley never said it was his own fault. This is an exact quote from the book:

"I honestly think that he saw my weak attempt at offense as a slap in the face, and his body started physically shaking on the ring apron as he begged for the tag. When he tagged in, there is no doubt in my mind now, as I believe there was none in his then, that he planned to hurt me. He shot me into the ropes and followed me a half step behind the whole way. When I came off the ropes, he clubbed me across the jaw with his biceps, in what I guess was technically a clothesline. I never saw it coming, and the effect was devastating. Pain shot from the tip of my jaw through my ears. Then, with my ears still ringing and my head was pounding, I was suplexed backward off the top rope, and I fell in an awkward way onto my shoulders and the back of my head."

Also, Foley went up to Dynamite and asked if he could get his shit in, which the Bulldogs took offence to, because he was just a jobber. And for other examples, you just need to read his book or go to the Q&A's of his old website. He doesnt seem ashamed of the abuse he dishes out to green jobbers. Bret Hart was one of them. He used to break his nose for a laugh when he first went to Canada, and he sliced Davey Boy's head to pieces when he offered to blade his cousin.

• Paid Members
Also, Foley went up to Dynamite and asked if he could get his shit in, which the Bulldogs took offence to, because he was just a jobber.

Not all true, they let Foley get his offence in which was one of the worst looking back elbows I've seen, and Davey correctly no sold it to make him look like a bitch.

The fact Foley, afterward, went up to the Bulldogs and thanked them says it all, in the end he actually built his career on those sort of bumps

Archived