Yokozuna

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Its all very sad for the jobbers in question, but this is how guys protected the business. If your living is conning people are you really gonna give someone in their second match a chance to blow the con? Didnt think so, your gonna beat em up good so they dont need to sell.

Protecting the business? Outback Jack was on that roster. It wasnt 1965 with Lou Thesz. It was an era where foam fingers were more over than what went on in the ring. If your living is conning people, dont walk out with a dog under your arm. You cant justify assaulting someone like that.

Not justifiable at all, but I'm pretty sure they kept up the violent, closed shop for quite a while. What year was it McMahon "came out" about the business?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your not wrong. Here they are on the box of the Free For All video (which I assume you have to pay for).

611AkISGZgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LOL, if I had any stones id have loved to have walked out of Woolworths back in the day with this in my hand and then protested my innocence, claiming it was 'free for all'.

• Paid Members

Yokozuna flattening jobbers with his arse was a great memory from my childhood. Think he took the word 'squash' in squash match too literally sometimes.

My earliest memory of jobber abuse was early 90s WCW. Vader and The Steiners were the main culprits there. Absolutely brutal stuff for Saturday afternoon family viewing. I remember my sister used to laugh at Johnny B Badd and Scotty Flamingo and how wrestling was stupid/fake.

She soon shut the fuck up when Vader started flinging jobbers about like frisbees and chokeslamming and powerbombing them on their heads.

I always thought the Earthquake splash would be more likely to injure people than the Banzai Drop - there's no holding on to ropes to lessen the momentum.

Even as an unenlightened kid, the Earthquake splash looked oddly gentle to me.

Agreed. To be frank it looked fucking shit 99% of the time.

Looking back it's weird how you justified such things when you were a kid. Like Sickboy says the Earthquake splash always looked terrible but my logic seemed to be "well that didn't look like it hurt, but they're WRESTLERS so something that doesn't look like it hurts actually hurts ten times more than that which must mean it HURT A LOT!". You know, the same logic you used to explain the Bushwhackers always losing to a double axe handle and a chair shot to the back knocking someone unconcious.

• Paid Members
In hindsight I'm glad he flattened the annoying fucker...

Fuck me, I agree with this. Since I was a small child, I hated Duggan, and never understood why he was so loved. I thought he was a complete weapon, and love seeing him smashed.

In hindsight I'm glad he flattened the annoying fucker...

Fuck me, I agree with this. Since I was a small child, I hated Duggan, and never understood why he was so loved. I thought he was a complete weapon, and love seeing him smashed.

I can't imagine why. -HOOOOO!!! punch punch USA USA punch punch USA USA punch punch- repeat ad nauseum.

• Paid Members

Loved Duggan as a kid. Always larger than life, looked like he'd not washed for days and always a little bit crazy. Guaranteed to pop a crowd (all be it usually cheap) but he was always over when I watched as a kid.

Duggan was awesome. Heres his WWF debut on Superstars of Wrestling Duggan stops the singing of the Russian national anthem (Poor quality)

Loved Duggan as a kid. Always larger than life, looked like he'd not washed for days and always a little bit crazy. Guaranteed to pop a crowd (all be it usually cheap) but he was always over when I watched as a kid.

Duggan was awesome. Heres his WWF debut on Superstars of Wrestling Duggan stops the singing of the Russian national anthem (Poor quality)

I liked him as a kid because he routinely twatted people with his bit of wood and to hell with the disqualification. He still got his music played after the decision. By the mid 90

• Paid Members

I liked him as a kid because he routinely twatted people with his bit of wood and to hell with the disqualification. He still got his music played after the decision. By the mid 90

Even as a kid, the one thing that bugged me the most about Hacksaw was his stupid finisher. It was just a weak running clothesline, the same weak running clothesline that he used 4 or 5 times earlier in the match and which the guy taking was always back on his feet after a second to eat the next one. Yet it's supposed to be super powerful just because he starts from an american football stance?? He became too lazy to even throw in a dive to at least give the impression it's a bit more forceful, like he did when he arrived around 1987/88.

He was the shits. I suppose he filled his role, but not being a yank patriot, his schtick wasn't something that someone like me could've gotten behind.

Archived