WWE Raw 30/5/2011 Discussion *SPOILERS*

FUM

is this capitol (its capital douchebags) puinishment ppv going to be the new december to dismember ppv, and they just dont book any goddamn matches for the show? i dont give 2 shits which congress members are invited only to no show, just give me a reason to spend 15 quid. and right now they have given 0 reasons. im still on a delay as i like to skip ads so i start 45 mins in, the show is ok so far but nothing mindblowing. those technical problems were funny and have been coming back now and again. it was nice of sky to apologise, even though the issue was with wwe itself. although the us must have had sound during r-truths bit with the jimmys in the audience because play by play reports mention all that was said, but i think the uk and canada had more issues for some reason.

mmm evan bourne vs swagger, bourne will win this time, im sure they did this feud a year or so ago. swagger won first and third, bourne won second match.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly sure people are going to bitch about Cena's nice guy act at the end, but I thought i'd jump in first and say that considering the R-Truth narrative that ran through the show (and through Raw in general at the minute) it makes perfect sense to really emphasise Cena's 'man of the people' credentials. It'd be weird if Truth ragged on the fans, and Cena was ambivalent to it all.

Also, only the WWE could turn a Kharma goodbye speech into a Jim Ross heel turn.

I enjoyed Raw this week some solid TV matches and I really liked Punk Vs Rey, but then it is Punk ;) I thought that the Kharma segment worked well and she got a good reaction form the crowd. Riley is super over now imho and I fully expect WWE to capitalise on this and give him a push and see where it goes. Shame about the lack of sound at the start but Truth at least LOOKED good in that segment :laugh:

Still no Masters. I wonder how he did on Superstars then..

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Nope, doesn't get a match. Gail Kim did though.

Fuck sake.

He did get a match, he lost to Drew McIntyre.

Not a bad show really, I enjoyed the second hour alot more though. I thought that the crowd was red hot during the main event, and that good Alex Riley segment. CM Punk/Mysterio was decent as well, but I'm sort of gutted that Punk's gonna be leaving. I can't believe they have Cole and Lawler back doing commentary together though, after all of those months of storyline. It's borderline ridiculous.

I can't quite believe how well the Alex Riley face turn is going. They are booking him very strong against Miz and its paying off. His entrance music is pretty good too.

Perfect timing too as Raw could really do with a fresh babyface main-eventer. Truth, ADR, Punk and Miz are all carrying my interest in Raw atm.

I was very surprised how decent the Kharma promo came off. I was dreading what they were going to do there.

Rather good Raw imo.

is this capitol (its capital douchebags) puinishment ppv

No, you div, it's Capitol as in this:

US_Capitol.jpg

Anywho, a decent RAW, Alex Riley is getting massively over (God-awful music, though) and R-Truth is just pure fried gold at the moment. Also, Internet Championship sighting!

• Paid Members
Still no Masters. I wonder how he did on Superstars then..

Nope, doesn't get a match. Gail Kim did though.

Fuck sake.

He did get a match, he lost to Drew McIntyre.

I can dig that.

The spoilers I read must've been incomplete.

Edit.

Turns out that was just a dark match.

Cheers for getting my hopes up. Dick.

The bit with R-Truth at the merchandise stand looked like it would've been the highlight. Cheers for posting that video clip, iamtheman, I'll watch it later.

The Kharma and Riley bits were really good. Cole and Riley's exchange was fairly clunky, but the brawl was good. I'm pleasantly surprised that people are so into Riley, fingers crossed it'll take off. Kharma delivered her speech well. It involved retconning most of her appearances from psycho to big tough normal woman, but that was fine. The Bellas were actually quite good there as well, which was a shock.

The worst thing on the show for me was when they spoiled this week's Tough Enough elimination. If there's a second season, I might start watching each episode before that week's Raw to avoid the same thing happening.

The worst thing on the show for me was when they spoiled this week's Tough Enough elimination. If there's a second season, I might start watching each episode before that week's Raw to avoid the same thing happening.

I closed my eyes and fast-forwarded through so I didn't see who went luckily.

Good show. It's a bit annoying they havent announced any Capitol Punishment matches yet but still it's rather obvious what will be on the show, and the RAW side looks very strong :-

John Cena vs. R-Truth for the WWE Title

Alex Riley vs. The Miz

Kofi vs. Dolph for the IC Title

and probably something involving Mysterio and Punk.

Still with only 2 RAWs till the show they should have announced at least the main event by now. Decent show though, R-Truth was fantastic again as was Alex Riley. They need to build new stars and so far theyre doing a fantastic job with these two, I know its still early days but hopefully they keep it up.

Archived