WWE Raw 30/5/2011 Discussion *SPOILERS*

FUM

Didn't see a thread so thought I'd start it.

WWE saying Kharma will speak tonight about her "breakdown". Any ideas on what she will say?

Haven't seen them hyping much else for the show.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm pregnant. Whoops."

I'm tuning into this show primarily to see what they do with Alex Riley. There's a sentence I never thought I'd write. I hate to be Armchair Booker Guy but fuck me this one is simple. Give him five minutes of promo time, have him tell the audience that he is sorry, he was misled and he just wanted to make something of himself in the tough competitive world of WWE, and in doing so he tied his colours to the wrong mast, but now has seen the error of his ways, and if the audience will let him, he'll earn their respect the hard way. Cue Miz, a back-and-forth, a pull-apart brawl and you're one step closer to a much-needed babyface that the fans will get behind.

And of course now he'll get beaten clean in two minutes by Miz.

• Paid Members

I'm guessing it'll be something along the lines of "The reason I hate pretty blonde girls is because they all used to bully me when I was little. When all those girls surrounded me last week, I felt like I was back there and was small and helpless again".

Now I'm not saying it's good, or even that it's not shit, but I think that's what they'll do.

"I'm pregnant. Whoops."

I'm tuning into this show primarily to see what they do with Alex Riley. There's a sentence I never thought I'd write. I hate to be Armchair Booker Guy but fuck me this one is simple. Give him five minutes of promo time, have him tell the audience that he is sorry, he was misled and he just wanted to make something of himself in the tough competitive world of WWE, and in doing so he tied his colours to the wrong mast, but now has seen the error of his ways, and if the audience will let him, he'll earn their respect the hard way. Cue Miz, a back-and-forth, a pull-apart brawl and you're one step closer to a much-needed babyface that the fans will get behind.

Only problem is he is supposed to be on Smackdown, although that prob doesn't matter much in wwe world, they could easily change him back to Raw and nobody would mind/notice...

Yeah its the exact same reason I am tuning in tonight, really like A-Ri. Not sure about the Kharma thing, it should be interesting...

They should just let Riley go to Smackdown and have them clash at a interbrand PPV (like backstage or something) and have them feud to Mania (have The Miz cost Riley at a PPV, Riley throw Miz out the rumble etc) then have them fight at Mania, will be fresh and if they play there cards right then they can build it up good.

I'm guessing it'll be something along the lines of "The reason I hate pretty blonde girls is because they all used to bully me when I was little. When all those girls surrounded me last week, I felt like I was back there and was small and helpless again".

Now I'm not saying it's good, or even that it's not shit, but I think that's what they'll do.

This will be it. Anti Bullying angles they've been trying to drive home. Kharma was the fat girl in school and all the pretty girls teased her.

I've been saying for weeks, months even that A-Ri is the dogs bollocks. He's got the look, the size and the charisma and more importantly a good character and he can talk on the mic.

I'd actually prefer if she did a rambling promo and then flung stuff about, but you're probably right.

"I'm pregnant. Whoops."

If I'm honest I'd rather they didn't have Riley do an obvious face turn like that, I'd prefer it if they just had The Miz come out and address it, go crazy in the ring shouting for Riley to show himself so that he can fight him without being blindsided by Riley and making more excuses as to why he was beaten up so bad such as he had a big match the night before, Riley didn't etc. Then have Riley show up and shout at Miz etc or just don't have him show up and the reason could be that he is going to Smackdown and wasn't there for tonight's Raw due to that. Then he could maybe make an appearance at the end of the show when Miz is in a match and come out and beat Miz up again.

I'd rather they don't have him turn face or apologise to the fans now, that'd be too obvious for me, I'd keep him as the guy who just hates Miz and that is what drives him to fight Miz, not because he is a "good guy" or he wants the fans to love him. So whatever they do I hope they don't have him apologise or turn face, just have him show his hate for Miz and nothing else.

As for Kharma I don't really know where they can go with that now, what's the point, if she's going off for nine months will it even matter what she says tonight? All I can think is that she either had a break down from all of her bullies at school and seeing the ring full of divas brought back the memories so she has to go off for rehab or she'll come out and get beaten down by the other divas a bit so she has to take time out. Then she can just come back and attack them all again once she returns saying the rehab didn't work or as revenge, it'll be a bit strange though as it'll be like they're just picking up from where they left off but she's barely even got her foot through the door so some might not remember her, it's not as if she's been around long enough to be making big announcements or going away and having a big return. If they do attack her though then it will just prove that Kharma can be beaten. I suppose it'll just be interesting to watch just to see what they do with her but the outcome will just be her going away for nine months anyway.

They should just let Riley go to Smackdown and have them clash at a interbrand PPV (like backstage or something) and have them feud to Mania (have The Miz cost Riley at a PPV, Riley throw Miz out the rumble etc) then have them fight at Mania, will be fresh and if they play there cards right then they can build it up good.

Im sorry thats a great idea in my book the angle deserves a good long feud but there is no way these days that WWE will give what would be a mid card match a 10 month build up to Wrestlemania. Summerslam should be the likely option for a PPV match between these 2 (lets be honest WWE never stick to who is on what show these days) with perhaps a feud ending match at Survivor Series but no doubt they will screw it up as usual.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Might be nothing but apparently Triple H is being advertised locally for the show. I know these things are normally done in advance but he hasn't been advertised locally in any other arenas the last few weeks so could be something in it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived