WWE Raw 30/5/2011 Discussion *SPOILERS*

FUM

They should just let Riley go to Smackdown and have them clash at a interbrand PPV (like backstage or something) and have them feud to Mania (have The Miz cost Riley at a PPV, Riley throw Miz out the rumble etc) then have them fight at Mania, will be fresh and if they play there cards right then they can build it up good.

Im sorry thats a great idea in my book the angle deserves a good long feud but there is no way these days that WWE will give what would be a mid card match a 10 month build up to Wrestlemania. Summerslam should be the likely option for a PPV match between these 2 (lets be honest WWE never stick to who is on what show these days) with perhaps a feud ending match at Survivor Series but no doubt they will screw it up as usual.

Oh yeah it won't happen but they should draw the feud out for a few months at least, keep them seperate and have them clash at a PPV then have them face off somewhere down the line.

What will probably happen is that they will have a match tonight on Raw and ruin any potential they had with the storyline.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
in my book the angle deserves a good long feud but there is no way these days that WWE will give what would be a mid card match a 10 month build up to Wrestlemania.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. They've just had a fierce (if one sided) physical confrontation, they should be getting it on in the ring reasonably soon. Good old fashioned revenge storyline of the downtrodden gopher out for his validation. Have their handful of matches NOW which Miz will inevitably win, then you've got a good long spell to match Riley against other midcards and maybe build something to Mania against someone his own level. Unless he catches on like wildfire of course, and he gets to the main event level by then.

As mentioned in other threads, WWE has been derided for starting to build towards Rock/Cena so soon (and announcing it), even with Rock not around for a great deal of the year to come. I think holding off for so long on such an issue between two full-timers with such hatred displayed already would be really stupid.

• Paid Members
interbrand PPV
Thats the thing though, all the PPVs are interbrand. IF they just leave it now Miz looks like a bit of a bitch.

I think holding off for so long on such an issue between two full-timers with such hatred displayed already would be really stupid.
Indeed. Frankly it's not even close to a big enough match for wrestlemania anyway. IT would be a good blow off at Summerslam though.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Might be nothing but apparently Triple H is being advertised locally for the show. I know these things are normally done in advance but he hasn't been advertised locally in any other arenas the last few weeks so could be something in it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He's also being advertised for Money in the Bank so presumably he will be back soon

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

What will probably happen is that they will have a match tonight on Raw and ruin any potential they had with the storyline.

I'm thinking the same thing on this too. There natually has to be a follow up to what happened last week, unless some sort of back and forth at the beginning of the show occurs, and then Riley comes out later in the show, perhaps the main event if Miz is topping the bill in some capacity and gets in Miz's face and another beat down takes place.

As for Triple H being reported in local advertising for tonight's show perhaps, what for? There is no need for him to take time away from other roster members right now, unless it's got anything to do with the anti bullying campaign they have going.

Archived