WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 5/27/2011

ThePhenom

From Wrestlingnewssource.com, the spoilers for this Friday's Smackdown:

World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton came to the ring to kick off the show. Before he could begin speaking, Christian interrupted and came down to congratulate Orton on their match at Over The Limit. Christian said that the match could have gone either way. He then started to issue a challenge to Orton, but was interrupted by Sheamus, then by Mark Henry. General Manager Teddy Long then appeared and said that it was deja vu with the same individuals wanting a shot at the title. Teddy then told Christian that if he wanted a title shot, he would have to earn it. Teddy then made the main event a Triple Threat Match featuring Christian, Mark Henry, and Sheamus, with the winner becoming the new number-one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

-Sin Cara defeated Chavo Guerrero in an Over The Limit rematch

-Cody Rhodes appeared with two men carrying brown paper bags and cut a promo, saying that the crowd was unattractive. Daniel Bryan interrupted the promo, which led to a match.

-Daniel Bryan defeated Cody Rhodes. Following the match, Rhodes attacked Bryan and put a paper bag over his head.

-The WWE Captiol Punishment "press conference' video was shown, followed by a WWE Tribute To The Troops promo.

-Booker T gets up from the announce table and enters the ring. He then invites Michael Cole to join him, and Cole gets up from the announce table and gets in the ring and stands next to Booker. Booker discussed Cole's loss to Jerry "The King" Lawler at Over The Limit, then gave Cole props for formally apologizing on RAW. Booker then said he wanted to give Cole an opportunity to apologize to the SmackDown audience, and Cole does so. Booker and Cole then shake hands before Booker presents a photo of Cole with Lawler's foot in his mouth. Booker then gives Cole a box of Altoids.

-Christian is interviewed backstage. He says that while he was always the last kid picked, he made the most of it and went on to prove everyone wrong.

-Kane defeated The Great Khali. Following the match, Jinder Mahal came to the ring and began yelling in his native Punjabi language. He then shoved Ranjin Singh. Khali then stepped in, but suddenly turned and locked in the Khali Vice Grip on Ranjin, signifying a heel turn. Khali and Mahal then left the ring together.

-Ezekiel Jackson defeated Heath Slater by disqualification after interference from Justin Gabriel.

-Sheamus is interviewed backstage. He talks about how it only took him months to become a champion, while Christian and Mark Henry have spent their entire lives trying to become one.

-Alicia Fox and Tamina defeated Kaitlyn and AJ. Kaitlyn and AJ were accompanied by Natalya and also came out to her music.

-In the main event, Sheamus defeated Christian and Mark Henry to become the new number-one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship

This show looks terrible in my opinion, Kane Vs The Great Khali? seriously, is it still 2007 or something? I really hope they aren't going to give Khali a main event push again. If there has ever been a segment that I am going to fast forward, it will be that useless Divas tag team match. Cody Rhodes seems to be doing the same thing he has been doing with the paper bags over and over again for weeks, and I can only hope that Sin Cara didn't botch anything big again.

Im liking the sound of a Daniel Bryan/Cody Rhodes fued. It fits with Rhodes gimmick as Bryan as a really bland everyday man kinda look.

As for Khali turning heel again...not interested.

Also glad to see Sheamus back in the title picture (even though there's zero chance of him taking the belt off of Orton)

Interesting set of results. Not seen Jinder Mahal yet.

• Paid Members
When is the Fatal Four PPV? I kind of like the idea that WWE might actually be taking time and effort to build towards a Henry / Sheamus / Orton / Christian main event for that event.

Haven't they ditched the Fatal Fourway concept and renamed the PPV?

It looks like the Smackdown writers have gone back to their old ways of 'cant be bothered, lets put everything on repeat'. Aside from Daniel Bryan VS Cody Rhodes, nothing here looks particularly interesting. The same opening segment yet again, Jinder Mahal coming to the ring and slapping Khali for the third week running, recycled matches etc.

I'm a little surprised at Christian losing but it'll probably head towards a good heel turn for him. I just wish they wouldn't keep relying on Mark Henry. I'm sorry I can't buy him as a main eventer. Sheamus is always fun though.

Khali's knackered isn't he? I'd have thought Jinder Mahal was going to be his last feud before taking some time off at least. Other than that I couldn't care less.

• Paid Members
Kane Vs The Great Khali? seriously, is it still 2007 or something?

Nah, as recently as Sunday Kane and Show were tag team champions. It's blatantly 2006.

• Paid Members
Daniel Bryan on tv = Winning

daniel-bryan-beats-up-cole-o.gif

Still one of the best angles/feuds WWE have done in the last 5 years. Just shows what he can do when he isn't playing a virgin/vegan/nerd. Set Miz and Cole on their heated road nicely too.

Such a shame WWE find his strong point and then ignore it for lame midcard comedy.

Only caught the second hour of this but outside of Kane/Khali it was decent. Speaking of, they really should have had Ranjin turn on Khali and manage Jinder Mahal instead of how it went down.

I was glad to see Kaitlyn and AJ on TV as they're visually appealing. Green as grass though.

Mark Henry needs to do more promos. His little thing with Striker was great.

That Savage tribute video really is brilliant.

Main event was fine and the finish was good. Christian is still in the mix and Sheamus is elevated too.

Was the first hour any good?

Archived