WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 5/27/2011

ThePhenom

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show again. Overall I think Smackdown's done a great job since the draft considering how limited the roster is.

The Jinder Mahal/Khali thing's intriguing, though I hope the duo will either work as a tag team, or Khali will act as a bodyguard figure to Jinder. I don't really want to see a Khali heel push with Jinder Mahal as his manager at this stage in Khali's career.

The Jackson/Corre thing doesn't do too much for me. It should be Barrett, not Jackson, who's breaking away from this mess as a main eventer.

Sheamus/Orton next week should be good, and I'm guessing it probably will build towards a four way match at the next PPV. The Triple threat main event was great, and if you add Randy Orton to the mix in a PPV match I'd guess it'll only add to the fun of it all.

Glad to see Daniel Bryan get what's a fairly big win against Cody Rhodes. I've no idea where the "bag" gimmick's going, but it's getting a little dull. I'm hoping they build up some storyline with DiBiase to get the guy's career back on track. A storyline along the lines of last week could probably get DiBiase quite over.

Highlight of the night...

Christian: CKC. You know what that is?

Striker: [pronouncing it as a single word] Ckck?

I know loads of people hated him, but I do really miss him on commentary, and not just in a "anyone but Booker T" way.

Pretty good episode, but they're really missing the trick with Daniel Bryan. Good match and everything, but after seeing that GIF with Michael Cole it made me realise how over he was at that point. Say he got fired tomorrow, can you really imagine the whole arena chanting his name to close a PPV again?

I wasn't really impressed with SmackDown this week, might have had something to do with being up for 30 hours straight before watching it though.

The Rhodes/Bryan match was pretty good and I'd like to see Bryan in almost any angle. The Booker bit seemed like pointless filler and the Corre stuff is so repetitive.

I missed the main event when I finally conked out but I liked the promos leading to it. Probably in the minority but I really like Mark Henry just now.

Archived