RAW Discussion - 23/05/2011

Dazz

• Paid Members
Riley's turn was up there with The Red Rooster beating the crap out of Bobby Heenen in the late 80's though hopefully Riley goes further lol.

If Riley even matches The Rooster and goes as far as a one-on-one match at his next WrestleMania, he's done very well indeed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People were begging for the Cole/Lawler feud to end, it's ended, yet people aren't happy.

It's pretty difficult to get an announcer back to the announce table after feuding with another announcer for ages, so this is probably the only way to do it.

• Paid Members
If she does that, where do they go from there? When she's battered them all at once, there's no value in any one on one matches after that.

Didn't Cena and Orton once beat up half the roster? People still bought into them and their opponents.

I thought it was a cracking show. Most of my thoughts have already been mentioned. I actually liked the car angle, as hokey as it was, but Big Show ruined it by getting up. Have him stretchered off, create some drama. Don't ruin it. Punk's gear was ace but odd for a heel to pay such a tribute. Miz/Riley was terrific and hopefully they can capitalise on Riley's momentum from the turn, if it was a turn. Loved Cena/Truth too.

Kofi/McIntyre looked a good match but I fast forwarded it! Swagger/Bourne was decent and the post match angle was a fantastic way of eeking out more matches without doing anything ridiculous. Macho tribute I'd already seen but it was incredible. Pity they don't have Vince introduce these things. Great to see Bret back.

Otunga as a champion, I could live without. Otherwise, I pretty much enjoyed it all.

If she does that, where do they go from there? When she's battered them all at once, there's no value in any one on one matches after that.

Didn't Cena and Orton once beat up half the roster? People still bought into them and their opponents.

Cena and Orton didn't batter everyone and walk away triumphant. They hammered the midcarders, then got laid out by JBL and Umaga. Triple H was the man left standing at the end, after he pedigreed Orton and Cena.

Why did the usuals moan that time Triple H beat up London and Kendrick by himself?

Kofi/McIntyre looked a good match but I fast forwarded it!

Can't blame you for fast forwarding it, but it was very good. It didn't go on forever like their Smackdown matches, and it had me hooked, which I didn't think was possible for those two fighting each other again. Still doesn't make me want to see another hundred Kofi vs Ziggler matches, mind. And it was shit because the heel lost cleanly and heels should never lose clean, or something.

• Paid Members

Anyone else think the pyro they've given McIntyre was very odd? Quite ill-fitting with his music and character (although he has moved a bit more back towards 'cocky' than 'emotionless Orton clone' as of the last few months).

Why did the usuals moan that time Triple H beat up London and Kendrick by himself?

Wasn't it because it was pointless and no one actually benefited from it. Though if I recall correctly HHH pedigreed 5 people in the segment. Maybe he was just doing an Austin and laying everyone out no matter if they were heel or face.

What I dont get is why when they did the car accident bit, they made the camera doing the Paranormal Activity stunt, why not just have the camera chase them round the corner but get round the corner after it happened? Its basically what they did anyway but added the pointless and cheesy fake camera fault.

Wasn't it because it was pointless and no one actually benefited from it. Though if I recall correctly HHH pedigreed 5 people in the segment. Maybe he was just doing an Austin and laying everyone out no matter if they were heel or face.

It made him look pretty hard, like. I find it odd that it was bad for Triple H to do it but bad for Kharma to not do it. Although I assume there'd be much gnashing of teeth if Kharma beat up London and Kendrick on a wrestling show as well.

It made him look pretty hard, like. I find it odd that it was bad for Triple H to do it but bad for Kharma to not do it. Although I assume there'd be much gnashing of teeth if Kharma beat up London and Kendrick on a wrestling show as well.

Triple H was a Face at the time though, right?

So him squashing Kendrick and London for no really good reason would be like Hogan duffing up the Rockers in 1990 for no good reason. Sure it made Trips look tough, but but he's already a made man and didn't need it. Conversely, it made London and Kendrick look like pushover tools, and not a popular young tag team. It was a pointless burial of them, when they needed all the help they could to get over at the time.

It's different with Kharma because she's a Heel (or at least, a very Heelish character at the moment) so her destroying a bunch of Divas makes her into a Vader style bad-ass Heel. I wouldn't have included Beth in that situation though, as she's the natural foil to Kharma down the road.

But Beth was in the ring. If Kharma was going to kill them all, she'd have had to kill the Glamazon as well. And that makes Beth look a bit shit for any singles matches, if she got caned in a million against one situation. At least Triple H cheapshotted London and Kendrick.

But Beth was in the ring. If Kharma was going to kill them all, she'd have had to kill the Glamazon as well. And that makes Beth look a bit shit for any singles matches, if she got caned in a million against one situation. At least Triple H cheapshotted London and Kendrick.

Yeah, Beth should never be beaten down like the rest of the smaller women, especially if they have plans for her and Kharma.

It's a very different situation to the Triple H one though. Triple H was an established top Face, Kharma is (well, was) being built-up as a top Heel.

Triple H was a Face at the time though, right?

So him squashing Kendrick and London for no really good reason would be like Hogan duffing up the Rockers in 1990 for no good reason. Sure it made Trips look tough, but but he's already a made man and didn't need it. Conversely, it made London and Kendrick look like pushover tools, and not a popular young tag team. It was a pointless burial of them, when they needed all the help they could to get over at the time.

I actually found the match in question. Triple H vs Tag Team Champs Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch in A Handicap Match

Its all going fine till 5:50 then its pretty cringeworthy.

Archived