RAW Discussion - 23/05/2011

Dazz

Enjoyed Raw in parts also.

Enjoyed the Riley/Miz segement which was helped by the fans being into it as well.

Didn't mind the Kharma segement either in that she doesn't feel as included or liked as the other girls, I see some logic in it and be interesting to see how it pans out.

Hope Riley gets a decent push now on Smackdown with the possibility of meeting Miz further down the line at the join PPV's, wouldn't mind them keeping there distance but bumping into each other every so often with a match further down the line (Mania?) just to keep the feud going and you could have them clash in the Rumble too.

I also liked R Truth and have enjoyed his work recently although still am not convinced he is all that in the ring?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im hoping beyond hope the angle with Kharma is designed to emphasise how tortured in the head she is by the typical 'Diva' type of woman and makes her urge to destroy them all the greater.

Crowd absolutely shit all over the segment, and part of me hoped that when Kharma lowered her head crying she'd come back up laughing and kill all the Divas [before having a confrontation with Beth Phoenix].

WWE has finally managed to make the Divas division worth seeing due to Kharma. I hope they haven't screwed it up.

• Paid Members
Im hoping beyond hope the angle with Kharma is designed to emphasise how tortured in the head she is by the typical 'Diva' type of woman and makes her urge to destroy them all the greater.

Crowd absolutely shit all over the segment, and part of me hoped that when Kharma lowered her head crying she'd come back up laughing and kill all the Divas [before having a confrontation with Beth Phoenix].

WWE has finally managed to make the Divas division worth seeing due to Kharma. I hope they haven't screwed it up.

Well it truly is a sign of the apocalypse that we agree on something here. If Kharma does this again next week, only to lift her head up, laugh and destroy all the Divas it will all be worth while. What an awesome moment that would be.

• Paid Members

Random thoughts :

* Cracking sequel to "star jump" by Cena there.

* When Kharma cried, I thought "see kids? On the inside, ALL bullies are crying."

* Best thing all night were Punk's tights.

* When Miz' music played after Cole's "apology," I genuinely thought he was going to announce Cole as A-Ri's replacement.

* I fucking hate Kofi Kingston.

I think Cena is injured ! He has been shitter than usual with his selling the past week or two his reactions to Swaggers Irish Whips last week were terrible. Maybe he is protecting himself fro worse injury ?

I watched a couple of clips from the show on WWE.com, its funny lots of us were only singing Alex Riley's praises in last weeks RAW thread and talking about his future and now this happens, be interesting to see where it goes, just cause of what happened doesn't mean he turned face, next weeks show should clear that up tho unless there was a promo later in the show as I watched just the clip. If he is going to go on as a babyface it should be interesting to see how it goes, cause he seems such a natural heel.

The Kharma thing was interesting, obviously the fans in attendance just shit on it, think they wanted a huge brawl but I prefer something different to the cliche as long as it turns out good and doesn't make Kharma look like a dipshit.

Macho Man tribute was excellent.

the macho man tribute managed to make me smile and bring a lump to my throat at the same time. i was still wiping tears away 20 mins after they showed it

the kharma stuff confused me but im guessing its some sort of ploy to lure the divas into a false sense of security then destroy them when they least expect

loved the a-ri turn, maybe cena can learn a thing or two from miz's selling, made riley look like a big deal. maybe he could be next in line to challenge barrett for the IC title?

cole looks like he is gradually going to step back into dorky cole rather than dick cole, although there were still slim pickings of that when he slagged bret off, rightly, for attacking punk (loved his savage attire btw)

maybe cena can learn a thing or two from miz's selling

He should learn a thing or a million from Chris Masters selling more like. Though I believe Cena can sell he's just instructed not to when it comes to the finish.

McIntyre was looking good as well but and I know these days it doesnt count for much do we really need to pin him clean? I dont want to buy into someone who gets beat all the time.

Then don't buy into him. He's a heel. Kofi's a babyface. It'd be shit if Kofi won by hitting him with a wrench, or legdropping him while he was in a sharpshooter or something.

Well it truly is a sign of the apocalypse that we agree on something here. If Kharma does this again next week, only to lift her head up, laugh and destroy all the Divas it will all be worth while. What an awesome moment that would be.

If she does that, where do they go from there? When she's battered them all at once, there's no value in any one on one matches after that.

For me Raw was very enjoyable, some strange moments but when thought about they could turn out to be very good.

Seeing Alex Riley beat up Miz was brilliant and I hope this sets off a little feud, culminating in a big match between the two in which Miz gets a new personal advisor, or whatever it is that Riley was for him, but Riley is made to look strong throughout the feud, then have Miz get back into the main event scene and Riley go over to Smackdown in their main event scene. I must say although I think Miz is awesome and don't like seeing him be made to look weak two or three shows in a row I thought it was brilliant to see Riley be made to look like a psycho and a stong guy.

The Kharma stuff was one strange moment but the more I think about it the more I hope it is explained by Kharma saying she was mentally scarred as a child due to the other girls caring about image too much thus having her bullied and seeing the ring full of the other divas brought back the memories and she is going to destroy all of the divas to get some sort of revenge and defeat those who care too much for image etc. Some might not like the bullying storyline but I think if this is done correctly with Kharma saying about this yet coming across as a heel it wouldn't have to be all "don't be a bully it's not nice" kind of thing, the bullying could be a very brief footnote in what turned her into a monster heel.

It was good seeing Nexus win the Tag Titles and I'm hoping after the main event that it's pointing to Punk going for the WWE Title, also loved Punks tribute to Savage with the trunks and boots. It looks as though Big Show may be out for a while selling the car running into him and it might have Kane and Del Rio feud for a while until Show returns and feuds with him. I'm hoping this means the Tag Titles will now be feuded over between Nexus and Corre.

Now the other strange thing, Michael Cole has been a dick for months, calling Lawler's dead mother, beating up Lawler and his mate, JR with the help of Swagger and just generally being horrible to them, other employees and the fans. Now Cole seems to have gone all humble after his Over The Limit loss and is apologising and admitting he was stupid and Lawler pretty much just shrugs and says forget about it go and sit back in your seat and it'll be like it never happened. As glad as I am that Cole isn't being a dick anymore and isn't ruining the commentary as I felt he was doing as their feud went on it does feel stupid that these guys seemed to hate each other's guts yet now they're seemingly all forgiven and going on as if nothing really happened. Again as I said though I will be glad in a few weeks that things are back to normal as it was becoming annoying listening to Cole's commentary during that feud and by then people will have already started to forget about that feud.

RTruth is becoming a brilliant heel but they really do need to get him some real good heel music, the whole silence after he says about the truth setting him free as he walks to the ring is stupid, I'd much rather have him have some rap music but something that won't have the fans rapping along, something kind of putting the fans down maybe, which would make them boo more.

The Kofi and McIntyre match was cool and I hope the two get good decent pushes.

Also very classy tribute to Macho Man, I thought it was brilliantly done.

McIntyre was looking good as well but and I know these days it doesnt count for much do we really need to pin him clean? I dont want to buy into someone who gets beat all the time.

Then don't buy into him. He's a heel. Kofi's a babyface. It'd be shit if Kofi won by hitting him with a wrench, or legdropping him while he was in a sharpshooter or something.

Haa Hillllarious. You should be on stage, your face should be on a stamp - or we should stamp on your face one of the two.

They dont have DQ's were you come from? You dont buy into heels?

What sort of threat can a heel be against a babyface if a one legged man beats him in an ass kicking contest?

I will not rip off any more announcers lines for the rest of ...this hour.

Archived