RAW Discussion - 23/05/2011

Dazz

I didn't see a RAW thread? Odd.

Anyway. Thoughts on the show?

WTF is with the Kharma stuff?

and Nice to see A-Ry getting something good.

McIntyre could be in line for a push too!

But Kharma???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A-Ri's turn was fantastic, and the crowd lapped it up. Glad to see them try something rather than just let him drift away.

The Kharma stuff was typical WWE bollocks. Push her as a complete monster for weeks, then have her break down and cry in the middle of the ring. Made no sense last night, and even when it gets explained we've now seen her cry, so won't view her as a monster anymore. A bit shit really.

John Cena couldn't sell if someone shot him in the leg. He does some weird limping robot impression in the opening segment, but for his match he sprints to the ring like he's Ultimate Warrior, then no sells the entire match, then does a massive fucking star jump when they win the match. Annoying.

Otunga and McGillicutty will no doubt be the worst tag champs ever.

CM Punk's Macho Man attire was class.

Big Show getting ran over was hilarious.

Overall, not a bad Raw but not a great one.

I really liked that Raw, nearly everything about it was just fun. Riley's turn, the main event, the Tag Team titles match and the Big Show segment especially. All I didn't understand was the Kharma stuff, and Michael Cole going back to commentary. I'd check it out if anyone is in two minds about watching it though, it was a big improvement over Smackdown last week which was dire.

Some people are speculating that it could be the beginning of an Anti Bullying storyline for Kharma, cos of the E's recent involvement in that bullying shiz.

If it is, the creative team are bigger morons than I've given them credit for.

The bit that got me scratching my head during that segment though, was the seemingly censored bits.. Any idea what was up with that?

The Kharma stuff was typical WWE bollocks. Push her as a complete monster for weeks, then have her break down and cry in the middle of the ring. Made no sense last night, and even when it gets explained we've now seen her cry, so won't view her as a monster anymore. A bit shit really.

John Cena couldn't sell if someone shot him in the leg. He does some weird limping robot impression in the opening segment, but for his match he sprints to the ring like he's Ultimate Warrior, then no sells the entire match, then does a massive fucking star jump when they win the match. Annoying.

Firstly Kharma. Once again the most bizarre scripting one can ever think of. I mean who comes up with these quick changing ideas which make no sense so soon into a 3 week run. No value whatsoever now by having her cry. What possible fucking explanation can we expect them to throw at us to make us think any different of her character now.

Cena's no selling. Fuck me can someone tell this prick to do his job properly because every time he needs to sell his stuff in and out of the ring he just makes what he does look bloody amatuer. How long's he been around now and he can't sell for toffee. Beggers belief someone doesn't bollock him for his continuous non story telling when it comes to not doing his job.

Savage tribute was sublime and one which I shed a tear.

McIntyre looked MEAN last night. Good match for him and Kofi.

Starting to enjoy Truth more and more and yes i hope he gets his son back too. (Obviously gonna be revealed as a huge Cena fan)

Swagger/Bourne was enjoyable

Kharma is getting upset as she's not a fitty

CM Punk is still the MAN on Raw. His tributes to the Macho Man are amazing and when he shouted 'Where did you learn to count?...Canada?' to Bret Hart i cracked up.

Riley was good too, I hope Miz stays up in the main event area but maybe a fued with Rey or someone else? Riley will go back to Smackdown now and be a heel, I dont think he will work long term as a face.

R-Truth continues to be the most interesting thing on the show since his heel turn.

How funny was Big Show getting run over?

Evan Bourne came across like an annoying shit taking a cheap shot after losing the match and continuing to have that inane smile on his face.

I was surprised how well Alex Riley's turn went.

Kharma's turn of character on the other hand... My goodness! Was that a deliberate sabotage, or is there some contextually meaningful reason for that? I suspect the former because Kharma effectively died right there.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how bizarre it was to see a tribute to Randy Savage immediately followed by Bret Hart interfering in a match for no good reason and costing CM Punk, who was wearing Savage's colours, the match. Sure Punk was winding Bret up throughout the contest but the faces were firmly in charge when Bret decided to slap the Sharpshooter on Punk. I guess the regular writing team was on holiday because the finish of the main event combined with the Kharma debacle was inexcusable. Also, I guess Truth won't be getting a main event push considering he hasn't even got any music.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how bizarre it was to see a tribute to Randy Savage immediately followed by Bret Hart interfering in a match for no good reason and costing CM Punk, who was wearing Savage's colours, the match. Sure Punk was winding Bret up throughout the contest but the faces were firmly in charge when Bret decided to slap the Sharpshooter on Punk. I guess the regular writing team was on holiday because the finish of the main event combined with the Kharma debacle was inexcusable. Also, I guess Truth won't be getting a main event push considering he hasn't even got any music.

I think R-Truth is next to challenge Cena. He had the promo at the start of the show with him and then hit his finisher on him in the main event. Cena will come out on top in time to feud with Del Rio leading into Summerslam.

Bit of a bizzare Raw at times but that might be because it was a lot more eventful and interesting than the last couple. There were a lot of 'where are they going with this' questions which I guess is a good thing but some were more of a worrying where are they going e.g Kharma.

R-Truth was fun at the start again, he comes across really fresh at the minute with his style. Big Show getting run over was a bit out of the blue, don't know if he's taking time off or it was just a bit of a different way to start a feud with Del Rio. It was interesting though.

A-Ri snapping was again a bit out of the blue. It was on the cards with how Miz had been treating him but I didn't think it would be so aggresive. Good stuff though, the crowd liked it and he looked liked he belonged. I don't know where they are going with Cole, I assume he'll be a dick again soon, perhaps be the GM but then again they might just leave him as he is but he'll still heel it up, just not so much.

And i'd love to be in on the joke that must be going on in the WWE with regards to celebrations. We've had Orton's already infamous Star Jump and then Cena did that huge YAY leap that they then acknowledged in slow-mo. Bizzare but awesome.

The Macho Man video was very classy and a top notch tribute

Cena did that huge YAY leap that they then acknowledged in slow-mo.

I also found it very strange that this would be the one thing they show as a replay. But i was also thinking that he just took R-Truths finisher so why was he up so quickly. Same piece of no selling that Evan Bourne did after Swaggers finisher.

The Kharma stuff was typical WWE bollocks. Push her as a complete monster for weeks, then have her break down and cry in the middle of the ring. Made no sense last night, and even when it gets explained we've now seen her cry, so won't view her as a monster anymore.

See, I don't get this. She's clearly just not quite right in the head. Breaking down and crying in the middle of the ring just sort of cements that. She's still capable of snapping every single one of the necks of the divas in a heartbeat so why not view her as a monster because she did something a bit nutty?

A-Ri snapping was again a bit out of the blue. It was on the cards with how Miz had been treating him but I didn't think it would be so aggresive.

I reckon that made sense. The Miz has been on his case for weeks now and he's been pretty awful about it as well, and with The Miz sacking him and then pushing his face, of COURSE he was gonna be a bit aggressive in his response!

I liked how that segment didn't outstay it's welcome.

John Cena couldn't sell if someone shot him in the leg. He does some weird limping robot impression in the opening segment, but for his match he sprints to the ring like he's Ultimate Warrior, then no sells the entire match, then does a massive fucking star jump when they win the match.

I didn't like that at all. I'm usually a big fan of Cena's selling up untill the big superman comebacks, but last night was just weird full stop from him.

McIntyre looked MEAN last night. Good match for him and Kofi.

Agree with this. Drew McIntyre is a much different wrestler from the one that was boring me to tears a while back as the IC Champ. The match also surprised me with how much they did. I thought it looked like a fairly nothing match on paper but they both gave quite a bit away.

• Paid Members

A strange RAW indeed. Apparently the creative is struggling for ideas, so it explains why they decided to twist angles in the wrong direction.

I'm really enjoying R-Truth. You can tell he's channeling some Macho Madness with his promos, going on about random stuff that makes now sense but sounds wicked.

The Big Show car angle was awful. Big Show looked like a giant thumb rolling around on the floor, as EVIL Kane played concerned friend. It went on for ages too. On the plus side, Alberto Del Rio is class.

I well thought they were going to give McIntrye the win and push after his fancy pyro intro, but he lost. He's good, but to me he still lacks that little something to push him to the level WWE hope.

The Cole apology thing came across like creative didn't know what to do. It came off as lazy. I can see Cole cracking up and going back to Sir Michael Cole.

The Kharma stuff is best summed up by a scream from the crowd as it happened, "What the fuck?!". Kharma was getting over huge but WWE have now made her far too human far too soon (this is the shit they should do a year from now when she has nothing to do). I did think Kharma was excellent during this though.

I'm not afraid to admit I had a tear in the eye during that Macho Man video. I was thinking they were not going to do one but 'bang', they hit me in the wind pipe. The best use of a Coldplay song ever.

The main event was alright. CM Punks, Macho ring gear was great and also highlighted how bland the rest of the rosters gear is.

Archived