RAW Discussion - 23/05/2011

Dazz

• Moderators

When Big Show got run over, who was that giant bald fellow in a suit in the background who was hanging around?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the A-Ri face turn, but I wasn't overly enamoured with the show last night. Anyone think that they look to be putting Miz in the Chris Jericho role on the card that he had just before leaving?

Oh yeah. Used'ta is a Rooster from Brewster, and I want my son back.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A-Ri snapping was again a bit out of the blue. It was on the cards with how Miz had been treating him but I didn't think it would be so aggresive.

I reckon that made sense. The Miz has been on his case for weeks now and he's been pretty awful about it as well, and with The Miz sacking him and then pushing his face, of COURSE he was gonna be a bit aggressive in his response!

Yeah, I know it made sense it just wasn't they way I thought the WWE would go with it. If anything I thought he might do what Swagger did with Cole, leave him but stay heel but that doesn't seem to be the case

I enjoyed Raw this week a lot.

R-Truth really is superb, the best on the mic in WWE at the minute.

Can see Kane vs Del Rio at the next PPV or most probably next week on Raw.

The Miz/Alex Riley Segment was one of the best in ages, A good beatdown which looked stiff as hell, the fans were really into it too which was great.

Im guessing there gona go with Kharma beatin the other Divas up becuase shes not as 'hot' as them or something down that route and her realising she was being a bully (ties in with the Bullying Campaign).

Made up the New Nexus won the tag titles, hopefully the group as a whole can push on now from that.

Macho Man Tribute Video brought me to tears.

Looks like were going to get Kofi vs Dolph 756 but this time on Raw!.

Good Raw, held my interest throughout.

R-Truth was probably man of the night again, I can see next week having a number one contender match between him and Rey. Bret Hart was a bit of a cunt as ref.

The Macho Man video was superb, and I loved Punk's tribute gear.

Kharma was interesting again this week. I was getting fed up of the waddle-in attacks. Not sure where it'll end up, like. Is she just a mental black, like R-Truth? They could've wrung a match out of the big fat monster deal before doing the crying, I reckon.

Kofi vs McIntyre was really good, seemed like it was going the predictable way (injured Kofi fucks up the Trouble in Paradise, then gets hit with a DDT and pinned) and defied my expectations. McIntyre looked intense, Kofi looked resilient. Excellent work. Dolph Ziggler going blonde again is good, Dolph Ziggler eyeing up further matches with Kofi Kingston is bad.

Otunga and McGillicutty as tag champions is something to shrug about.

I hate when WWE does a storyline where someone gets run over. I didn't like all the car-based shit during the attitude era, and I definitely don't like it now when they spend half an hour on the person writhing around on the floor. Big Show vs Del Rio does nothing for me yet, though Del Rio was on good form.

Riley's turn on Miz was well done, but I don't think there's much hope for Riley as a babyface at the moment. He got a good response, but it was circumstantial, like when a crowd went mad for Cody Rhodes because Legacy boss Orton RKO'd Dusty in front of him. Still, Smackdown does need some goodies.

I well thought they were going to give McIntrye the win and push after his fancy pyro intro, but he lost. He's good, but to me he still lacks that little something to push him to the level WWE hope.

I think the only thing he is missing is Micheal Cole as a manager. If Micheal Cole managed Swagger and McIntyre (as singles rather than a tag team) i think they could both go very far.

R-Truth was fantastic again, the line about his son was intriguing, I assume it'll eventually lead to us finding out his son is a huge Cena fan etc leading into their match.

I really hope he gets the WWE Title shot at Capitol Punishment, I assume with Punk being pinned by Rey, and the fact Truth hit his finisher on Cena, Truth is right in line for it now. I doubt very much he will, but i'd love if Truth won the title and Cena chased him over the Summer, he feels so fresh at the minute, and he;s different to the other heels and it works really well, fantastic stuff by him and the WWE.

Looks like we're heading for the Del Rio/Big Show feud, If Del Rio is being readied for a title shot at SummerSlam they need to book their ideas up with him, because he has hardly any momentum at the minute, and doesnt seem like a big deal at all right now.

Alex Riley was awesome as well, very aggressive and the crowd lapped it up, I was actually suprised how over Riley got, I think him and Miz should have a short program leading to Capitol Punishment, with Miz winning of course, then move Riley on to SmackDown and have him as a heel again. I can't see him being so over as a face facing someone other than Miz.

But yeah really good show, there was some shit but the main angles came over really good and the show on a whole felt very fresh.

Anybody else think A-Ry could be a huge star as a face in WWE. He's got all the tools. Good on the mic, great physique and knocks out decent matches. The crowd backed him to the hilt. Hopefully he'll have a good run on SD and bring back his "All goin' A-Ry!" catchphrase!

I shit all over the Kharma segment. Wonder where it's going!?

Touching Mach' tribute and loved Punk's attire.

A nice feel good Raw. From a storyline perspective Punk and Mason Ryan should have won the tag straps instead of Otunga and McGullicutty as Punk on both brands would have been a more logical and entertaining decision all around. Nice to see Punk's interaction with Bret throughout the main event though. Riley also came out of the show looking good, as did R-Truth.

• Awards Moderator
The Randy Savage tribute video was probably the best thing I've seen in WWE for the better part of 5-7 years. As soon as that Coldplay song hit, I had a lump in my throat, very classy.

Absolutely bang on. I've just finished watching the show and I skipped back to watch that tribute again. Some nice little clips at the start and then a perfect song to go over some great footage. When WWE get something right, they really do get it right.

• Paid Members
R-Truth was fantastic again, the line about his son was intriguing

Not as much as "USED'TA IS A ROOSTER FROM BREWSTER!". Greatest line in wrestling this year.

I don't know why people are looking so much into that line, it was a clear reference to the trailer for Legendary.

"I WANT MY SON BACK, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW!"

I enjoyed Raw a lot. Thought the Macho Man vid was nicely done and CM Punk's tribute was really classy. I think he is now my favourite performer on the roster.

Miz and Riley looked like a pair of office workers scrapping. Cant see Riley doing much as a face, and wasnt he drafted to Smackdown???

Cant say enough about R Truth! He is on the verge of becoming a great main eventer in my book. Hope it continues.

McIntyre was looking good as well but and I know these days it doesnt count for much do we really need to pin him clean? I dont want to buy into someone who gets beat all the time.

Really liked the end, gave the show a feel good feeling. Always great seeing Bret Hart. I love that he is on good terms with the company and can pop up when he pleases that's exactly how it should be.

Archived