The Apprentice 2011 thread

Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
Some of the others look as though they've been chosen simply for entertainment purposes.

Let's be fair: they're all going to pale in comparison to Baggs the Brand, so they needed to go all-out in terms of entertainment!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime Jim speaks, I thoroughly expect him to denying he was ever a member of an illegal organisation.

Two shocking ideas for Mobile Apps to be be honest and I think that particular episode did a lot of damage to the app market by suggesting any 'plucky' creative can go out there with an idea and turn over a million pounds on an app. Forgetting of course the need for device targetting, actually developing the app, the user interface, any software testing - to put out the idea that a band of guys can create a concept and have a studio develop it overnight...its just wrong.

Wow, I actually couldn't believe the girls won when Edna did that terrible pitch. I hate that Alan awards them all for winning when several people were quite shit. Although it was very funny watching five girls going 'no, actually we hated the app, didn't go for it at all' and then were all happy and screaming and congratulating themselves.

I thought Vincent was really bad and should've been called back into the board room, he badly fluffed his presentation and made light of it by saying 'yeah, just use my charm'. I thought Jim was right that he did well but Leon just looked fucking pathetic asking Alan Sugar if he could change his mind. Bad move Leon.

• Paid Members
Anyone else think that Alex who got eliminated tonight looks like Andrew Divoff from the Wishmaster movies?

wishmaster3.jpg

And as observed by the missus, Leon bears a resemblance to Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town

RobPg.jpg

I thought he looked a bit "Gaffney" and suspected that was why You're Fired had a rep from the Carphone Warehouse on the panel.

• Paid Members

I like how everyone had to be dragged out of bed but Tom answered the door fully suited up, I've never understood why nobody has ever thought about just getting up early on the days they have a task.

• Paid Members

Jim was dastardly brilliant.

Jim: "You shouldn't pick me. Choose someone else."

Leon: "Really?"

Jim: "Yes!"

Leon: "OK, I'll take Alex."

Alex: "?"

Alex: "Jim: tell Leon to not take me in!"

Jim: "Sorry, can't do that. The PM's spoken."*

Yes. Brilliant.

* May not be word-for-word.

From looks alone I picked Jim as my favourite in the first episode. He's better than I expected though. Alan Parsons was funny on You're Fired when he said Jim will probably convince Alan Sugar to fire himself. Vincent saying 'Team Ability, who's with me?' And excitedly putting his hand up whilst smiling whilst no one else went with it was a highlight of the first episode. Vincent saying the irrelevant pun 'did you have an app-le?' to no reaction was a highlight too. It's annoying when you say a pun that fits in the context of the situation and someone produces something lazy like that or rehashes your pun so I'm glad no one reacted.

The boardroom was fantastic last night - was legitimately laughing out loud at the Jim dominating proceedings. As other forum users have alluded too, I was half expecting Lord Sugar to ask him for advice.

Archived