The Apprentice 2011 thread

Your Fight Site

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Anyone else watch the Final last night? I won't say what happened in case of spoilers but I can honestly say, what a result.

Yup. Was disappointed Susan wasn't in the final two to be honest. If I had put money on any one, it would have been her.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Helen did sign her death warrant though by back-peddling on her business plans.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Yup. Was disappointed Susan wasn't in the final two to be honest. If I had put money on any one, it would have been her.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Helen did sign her death warrant though by back-peddling on her business plans.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It was the most unashamed lying I've ever seen. She had no interest in Bakery whatsoever until it was pointed out that maybe she should be.

Yeah, Susie Ma had been my girl for a number of weeks now and was who I was backing to win this. I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags as I don't understand why anyone would come into this thread the day after the final and not expect the result to be discussed.

Jim proved that as much of a great salesman, charmer, talker he is, that he didn't have much business acumen and his whole business plan was about schmoozing and trying to gain favour with Sugar, right down to the AMS in the title. Susie's figures and projections were ultimately her undoing, and I felt as soon as she was eliminated the outcome was obvious.

I truely believe that after what we had witnessed over the 12 weeks that this was Helen's to lose, and she managed to throw it away. A terrible business idea, and one that she clearly realised was a dud by her last ditch attempt to change from a concierge service to a cake and pastry business. If she had come in with this idea initially I have little doubt that Sugar would have gone with her. So Tom won it, and didn't even mention the word 'Chair' in his business plan. I certainly didn't have him pegged as a winner.

I don't normally watch the follow up You're Fired show, but Helen was looking mighty fine in the brief bits that I saw last night.

• Paid Members

Yeah Helen fucked it for herself at the end with that changing the business plan. As soon as she said that I knew Tom had it. You could tell Sugar lost any faith in Helen at that point. That combined with Tom impressing Sugar with that Walmart story at the end sealed it for him.

Glad Jim went first, the more I saw of him each week the more of a cock he seemed to me. All bullshit and waffle. The arselickery in his business plan was cringeworthy.

Never had Tom to win this at all. Sugar seemed to be on the verge of sacking him a few times over the weeks and seemed to have him down as someone who hides in the background. He came good when it mattered though.

Good series.

Archived