The Apprentice 2011 thread

Your Fight Site

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem about Vincent though was, he wasn't that good. He said he could talk the talk and proved he couldn't when they were doing the mobile app challenge and he was stumbling so much in the presentation he handed the reigns over to Right Hand Jim.

Yeah but that was why he was great value. I don't care whose good, just who entertains me. Vincent probably kept the show afloat in what has been a pretty poor series.

• Paid Members

I think the series has been pretty great thus far. Put me in the 'Team Tom' camp, I'm a big fan of him. I hope he wins or at least reaches the interview/interrogation stage for which I'm sure he'd be entertaining in. I have a feeling he'll be fired before then though for being too nice.

Fair enough Foale, but I just think its been very below par, most of the girls I've only realised were in it last week.

I echo these comments, as whilst most of the men have got some personality or characteristics that make them stand out or memorable the same can't be applied to the women. Sure Edna and especially Melody looked like they would be interesting candidates from the first two weeks, but they have both been pretty anonymous since. The likes of Natasha, Felicity and Ellie just blended into the background, aswell as a couple others who I still don't know the name of.

• Paid Members
Fair enough Foale, but I just think its been very below par, most of the girls I've only realised were in it last week.

I echo these comments, as whilst most of the men have got some personality or characteristics that make them stand out or memorable the same can't be applied to the women. Sure Edna and especially Melody looked like they would be interesting candidates from the first two weeks, but they have both been pretty anonymous since. The likes of Natasha, Felicity and Ellie just blended into the background, aswell as a couple others who I still don't know the name of.

Natasha definitely did blend into the background, to the point when she was running about in the garden doing the advert I said out loud, "Who the fuck is she?" I thought she was a creative director from a local advertising agency of something; took me a while to click she was a candidate.

• 3 weeks later...

A good episode tonight, Tom showed a bit of his ineptness tonight but I was glad he escaped the firing line.

Helen really has to win unless she completely screws up in the next few weeks, she is level headed, smart and has not lost once. The only problem is we haven't seen her on the losing end and fighting for her life in the boardroom so it's hard to tell her true personality. She is my fave to win.

• Paid Members

About time Wade Leon got the boot. He has been worse and worse each week, after looking pretty decent in the early couple of episodes. Just hasn't put any effort in for weeks. Helen to win the series surely? Though he does like that Melody, really showed it tonight as well. Sugar had a right glint in his eye after she destroyed the guys.

Helen really has to win unless she completely screws up in the next few weeks, she is level headed, smart and has not lost once. The only problem is we haven't seen her on the losing end and fighting for her life in the boardroom so it's hard to tell her true personality. She is my fave to win.

Helen was immense on that pitch, and from just watching it you knew she had saved things, although I doubt anyone would have predicted how well she did do. Strangely, despite all her wins, before tonights show (and her performance may very well have won her the show, if not bought a couple of weeks grace), I still wouldn't have known her name if asked.

I think Melody was kinda lucky, and was fortunate that Sugar clearly likes her. If he wanted rid he could have easily said how she is not a team player, would be tough to work with, manage etc. He sees something in her, and that should be enough to get to the final four. I don't think Tom, Natasha or Zoe have a hope in hell of winning this and although it nearly happened last week, I think Jim has been built up all series for the inevitable fall. My dark horse for the win would be Susan.

Agree Helen is the best, infact I think shes the most professional and quality contestant theyve ever had, but that isnt saying much.

Tom should have gone this week, no leadership at all, he should have out his foot down to melody, if she had done that in any kind of business she would have been out of the door. They also failed because of a MASSIVE lack of research and knowledge of the main partner and that was attributed to her and he still didnt have the integrity to say that, hes wank.

• Paid Members

Last night was my favourite episode by far, i was completely engrossed.

Helen as has been said has really emerged the past couple of weeks whilst quietly going about her business and after last night, i'd imagine she'd have to flip off Nick Hewer, wear an Aston Villa shirt in the boardroom and tell Sugar she preferred the Commodore64 in order to stand a chance of losing this year.

I really felt for Tom though, i agree with Van Dammer with regards to his reluctancy this week to take a stand and whilst i've championed him the whole series, i think for that reason alone he probably lost any shot he might have had at making the final - i can see the interview episode being his downfall if he makes it that far, if he struggled to deal with Melody, can you imagine?

Jim was hilarious as ever. I'm not sure what it is about him, but everything he does or says i applaud, it's become reflex now. His "Little petit item" in a french accent being this week's highlight, but agree, apart from one or two episodes he's been portrayed so strong, that i cant help but feel a "Baggs" style twist may be on the cards at some point.

I dont often get emotionally invested in anything, much less reality TV, but Melody seriously boiled my piss last night, but what angered me more so was Sugar's double standards. One minute he's slating her for her behaviour on the task, then praising her post firing. I think that whilst it might have kept her alive this week, lets face it Leon spent the whole episode saying "I cant do this" so was always gonna go, ultimately when push comes to shove i think she'll be too bullish for Sugar, she wont make the final.

Oh, and is "Potenially i could be bigger than Dyson" this years "Field of ponies"? That really made me smile. Tom is just so humble and above anything petty, he might lack Helen's business savvy, but i really do think he's the classiest contestant they've had on in years. Exactly how i'd hope to conduct myself if i were on that show.

Really hope Melody gets her comeuppance at some point. I can't stand bolshy, pushy gobshites like her, although I suppose those are the sort of people who do well in a profession filled with arrogant cunts like the business world.

Helen's win streak arouses me to a degree that is frankly perverse. Conversely, Melody's eyebrows terrify me.

I strangely enough have to agree with you on that, when the series started I didn't think she was attractive at all, however something has changed and I find her very attractive and potentially better looking than Melody, I can only assume it's cause she is constantly winning.

Really hope Melody gets her comeuppance at some point. I can't stand bolshy, pushy gobshites like her, although I suppose those are the sort of people who do well in a profession filled with arrogant cunts like the business world.

Not really, she'll get as far until somebody puts her in her place. I was thinking about what she did and how Tom let her last night and what I would have done and if she had refused to split the appointments 50/50 with the group then I probably would have removed her from the task. A similar scenario would have been if Tom and Natasha came back from choosing the products and refused to let the other two sell 'their' products as booking the appointments was a task she was given, did it and then refused to share her work with others and it was to the detriment of the task.

Archived