Creepy/Scary Video Game Moments

Green

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome thread. I'm going to have to have a good think, there have been so many times I've genuinely freaked or jumped out of my skin.

First off the top of my head was when I played the original

for the first time. It's the fact that the ghoulies aren't jumping out at you shouting boo and making a fuss, it's that they just quietly walk infront of you or next to you.

Also the Redeads in Ocarina of Time can fuck right off.

Agreed on both points! Project Zero is so creepy especially given the fact you have no weapon, just a camera!

Ugh don't get me started on Redeads, easily the creepiest part of the game, I used to hate the Shadow Temple/ leaving Ganons castle because of them. Oh and that horrid mini boss hand which sucks your face.

Not a video game moment in that sense, but the Ben Majora's Mask creepypasta was very well done, and led to a spate of my friends and I replying to stuff online with a picture of the Happy Mask Salesman saying "You shouldn't have done that."

I was going to mention this, the music (inreverse I think) was really creepy.

Just watched the series of clips; whether it is a glitch or the product of someones warped imagination, pretty damn creepy. Especially the little statue underwater.

• Paid Members

Metal Gear Solid 2 I think it was, on the PlayStation 2, where Campbell goes a bit weird and starts telling you what you've done.

"You've been playing the console too long, haven't you? I think you should turn it off, and that's an order." I was genuinely worried I was hallucinating.

• Paid Members
Metal Gear Solid 2 I think it was, on the PlayStation 2, where Campbell goes a bit weird and starts telling you what you've done.

"You've been playing the console too long, haven't you? I think you should turn it off, and that's an order." I was genuinely worried I was hallucinating.

On the subject of Metal Gear :love: I managed to traumatise a friend by explaining some of the Beauty and the Beast Corps backgrounds.

• Paid Members

On the subject of Metal Gear :love: I managed to traumatise a friend by explaining some of the Beauty and the Beast Corps backgrounds.

I can't say I'm familiar with them? Are they from the fourth game? As I haven't played that one ;)

• Paid Members

I can't say I'm familiar with them? Are they from the fourth game? As I haven't played that one ;)

Yes they are. Play it.

There can be few scarier videogame moments than this one when it first came out:

3D-MONSTER-MAZE.jpg

3-D Monster Maze. Just you, in a randomly generated 3-D maze, with a T-Rex. And he stalks you -

The bit I still remember clearly is the little message "RUN - he's behind you!" that used to pop up on the screen.

At a time when most games were either text or very simple block graphics, this was a revelation.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know about the rather creepy music that randomly plays in CoD: Black Ops?

I would love if, instead of the zombie game that I'm shite at, every however many games (would have to be very infrequently), zombies randomly start to enter the stage through various points, and players have to decide whether to team up or take advantage.

Does anyone know about the rather creepy music that randomly plays in CoD: Black Ops?

I would love if, instead of the zombie game that I'm shite at, every however many games (would have to be very infrequently), zombies randomly start to enter the stage through various points, and players have to decide whether to team up or take advantage.

I hear that Dead Island will have moments like that in it's gameplay

• Paid Members
The dogs in Wolfenstein 3D used to shit me up. I also hated shooting them.

I'm a massive poof.

I'm the same with the dogs in Fallout New Vegas. They're rabid and attack you from the off, but their yelps when you slice them in half with a chainsaw aren't too pretty.

• Paid Members
The dogs in Wolfenstein 3D used to shit me up. I also hated shooting them.

I'm a massive poof.

I'm the same with the dogs in Fallout New Vegas. They're rabid and attack you from the off, but their yelps when you slice them in half with a chainsaw aren't too pretty.

Yep. In pretty much any game there's no worse enemy than the dog. Small and fast so difficult to shoot, and instead of the satisfaction you get from downing a human enemy, all you get from shooting a dog is a sense of guilt and shame as they cry their final whimper. It wasn't their fault. :(

Man up you bitches and play Foxx Fights Back:

1315628-fox_fights_back___ingame1_super.jpg

Blast the bark out of gun-toting, motorbike riding beagles with all the eco-satisfaction of Swampy recycling his toilet paper.

Archived