Creepy/Scary Video Game Moments

Green

• Paid Members

Playing Resident Evil 1 as a youngster put me off all horror games. I'm too bloody jumpy, I just dont enjoy them.

original.jpeg

:cry: Still fucking creepy after all these years.

I played Fahrenheit about a year ago, knowing nothing about it. There's a part where you must speak to an old, wheelchair bound, blind lady at her house.

Its dark, full of crows in cages and you have to wheel this creepy old bag around the house. I spent the whole time tensed up waiting for something to jump out. Walkthrough

Comical gifs take the pain away.

4-spin.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Awesome thread. I'm going to have to have a good think, there have been so many times I've genuinely freaked or jumped out of my skin.

First off the top of my head was when I played the original

for the first time. It's the fact that the ghoulies aren't jumping out at you shouting boo and making a fuss, it's that they just quietly walk infront of you or next to you.

Also the Redeads in Ocarina of Time can fuck right off.

Doom 3, there's a bit where you are walking around the level (Comms Tower) and you hear this banging from far away which gets louder and louder as you progress, then you are walking down some steps and this door in front of you implodes inwards and leaves a big demon sized dent, there's some evil chanting/laughter, it all goes dark and literally all hell breaks loose!

That whole game is pretty scary now I think about it.....

• Paid Members

I've not had chance to play it yet, but i keep hearing that dead space is full of crazy shite that scares you. I did play the first ever resident evil as a kid, without knowing anything about it. When you go into that first room with the zombie in, not only did i shit my pants, but i may of actually shouted a little bit trying to shoot the fecker. When i'd killed him, i felt so relieved........ONLY TO SEE HIM GET BACK UP.

I turned off the ps1 and whent on crash bandicoot instead.

• Paid Members

The Playstation port of Doom is fucking brilliant at times for atmosphere. Gone is the metal music from the PC version, instead replaced with eerie noises and killer lighting effects. Get yourself on Ultra Voilence mode and it's even better, because you'll open up a door and find several of the alien motherfuckers ready to kill you.

postal 2, the part where you walk into a mosqe and the next thing you know, osama bin laden is shooting at you with a rocket launcher, but when you try to run there's about 20 bin ladens trying to shoot you with a rocket launcher.

the reapers in me2

Great idea !

Many bits in Condemed 2 had me jumping out of my sofa.

Creepy Doll Level is seriosuly fucked up too!

I absolutely loved Condemned 2 - the bear part was a huge surprise and very tense. Even better than the original.

For me it's gotta be any time in Silent hill 2 when you encounter Pyramid Head, especially the very first time in the motel Clicky!

Minor point of interest: i've heard that the above scene is a deliberate homage to the movie Blue Velvet

There's also one of the "hauntings" in Silent Hill 4: The Room that really freaked me out, it's when you go back to you're apartment while visiting the hospital and when you look in the bedroom closet you can hear someone crying and there's the shadow of a child on the back wall. Creepy indeed.

• Paid Members

Silent Hill Origins on PSP. At night, lights out, headphones in - I shit you not is one of the worst experiences of my entire life. I shelved the game for a year after about 20 minutes play and even then would not play it in the dark. Fucking horrendous feeling. Good game though.

Also, the obligatory kudos to Resident Evil 1-3 and Doom - the games that warped my fragile little mind!

• 3 weeks later...

For me it was "D" for Playstation1 which came bundled in with the console. I'd been playing for about ten minutes when something fucked up involving an iron maiden happened, I shit my pants, turned it off and never played it again. God knows what the rest of the game was like

Not a video game moment in that sense, but the Ben Majora's Mask creepypasta was very well done, and led to a spate of my friends and I replying to stuff online with a picture of the Happy Mask Salesman saying "You shouldn't have done that."

I was going to mention this, the music (inreverse I think) was really creepy.

Archived