Post-Mania RAW Discussion thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, lets get down to how Cena reacts to losing his shot at the World Title at the on the biggest show of the year. This fucking plank comes out on RAW after what was supposed to be a shot he had went through the Rumble to try and get, then subjected himself to the brutality of Elimination Chamber to finally get the match. Does he come out angry that he was robbed! Is he devasted that his shot has gone! No, this dip-shit comes out smiling and starts cracking jokes treating the title like its totally un-important, it doesn't matter to him! If it means so little why the fuck did he put himself through so much to get the bloody shot! He should have come out, fired a slavo against the Rock, demanded a cage match at Exteme Rules and called out the Rock. This man is a fucking clown! If he doesn't care, why should I. Why should I pay good money to see a title match, when the bloke challenging for the title doesn't give a fuck about!!

Couldn't agree more.

He actually came out smiling. Fucking smiling!

Yeah, lets respect The Miz now, everyone - polite applause please for the guy who got handed a victory in the cheapest way possible.

If I were John Cena, I'd demand better writing for my character. They've made him look like a chump (compared to Rock) for weeks now, then after he gets robbed of the Main Event Wrestlemania win and the WWE Championship, he starts laughing at Rock's jokes (about HIM), shakes his hand, seems humbled to have gotten Rock's respect, and big-ups The Miz for cheating to win.

What a fucking idiot douchebag John Cena is!

..and he STILL got boo'd, after being the most gracious loser ever!

I didn't notice the trampoline and so my and 2 seperate friends have spent the day discussing how amazingly high he can jump.

thats what i thought too :( my friend was just like "mate, he had a trampoline". I felt stupid.

Enjoyed Raw after I hated 'mania so I'm back on the bandwagon. Sin Cara looks cool so I can't wait to see him in a match. I love it when they mix it up with new superstars, I expected him to beat a few jobbers, debut his sexy moves but no he goes straight into a fued with Sheamus which should be really interesting. Don't know where this leaves Daniel Bryan though, I fear he could be released, but a freshening up on Smackdown would be awesome.

Not being a dick, but I love it when they have good matches on Raw, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk and Cody Rhodes was really good TV, I wish they did more.

The Miz is fantastic. (and 2 - 0 at Wrestlemania)

I really dont see what all the fuss about Cenas reaction is? He explained it at the beginning of the promo, the match was a draw, Rock teased Cena by restarting it, then screwing Cena, so logically who you call out? Miz or Rock? Cena blew his chance by getting counted out!

And why all the negativity about the announcement? We have The Rock v Cena announced, go back a few months and who would have believed that?!

True but still it'd take a far stronger & much bigger structure than the one they used at WM24.

Why? It's just a very large piece of chicken wire. The WrestleMania 24 set was designed to hold itself, four large video walls, and racks upon racks of speakers and lighting.

The modern world is a wonderful place. I don't think it would give them much trouble at all.

• Paid Members

Cena was using The Rock's lines from the Hogan vs Rock promo as well. The "listen to the people line" followed by the pair of them standing around soaking in the aura of the fans and the stuff about "generation vs generation" and all that. It was so similar to the Rock vs Hogan Raw promo from 2002. Apart from the crowd reaction of course. They were throwing babies in the air in 2002. The crowd seemed to roll their eyes when they said next year was the year they'd wrestle. I dont think my patience will hold out another year unless one of them is a solid babyface or a heel. There's so much confusion in this storyline. Cena got screwed out of the belt and doesnt seem to care. I just cant imagine Austin, Hogan, Bret, Shawn, Triple H, Dusty Rhodes or even Ron Garvin laughing his way down the aisle after someone just fucked him out of the belt. Actually Austin got screwed off Triple H in 2000 during a match with Kurt Angle and the next time you saw Austin grimming was when he was dropping his car 50 foot downwards with Helmsley in it.

The fans are big on his case now, to the point where they booed their hero when he turned around and said he "respected" Cena. I've never been in the "turn Cena heel" camp, but you cant have your cake and eat it. They are going to have to bite the bullet for next years match, because surely they cant do the babyface who is booed vs the superover hero from back in the day. It was cool in 2002 with Hogan, because all you had to do was turn Hogan babyface and team him up with the Rock everyweek (which they did). Judging by the reaction when he warmed to Cena, the fans werent buying Cena and Rock as pals. Its a bit confusing and I dont know if announcing it now is the best idea, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I perfect situation is to build up some new star, have him go on a run like Batista did and if he because the next big thing, have Cena turn on the Rock at Mania and then have the new boy chance Cena for the rest of the year. There's about a 0.1% chance of that happening, but it would be good.

• Paid Members

Man, you lot are a fickle, inpatient bunch. So often, so many moan and whine that everything there is to be done in wrestling has been done (a ridiculous statement) and that things are usually too rushed and especially that WrestleMania often doesn't receive enough/long enough build.

Here, they're taking a big risk in trying something different, giving a match everyone has said is one of the only true big time 'dream' matches that can still occur over a year long build and back story. With all sorts of possibilities that could happen from it and you all can only see the negative ones?

When the Rock - Cena stuff started and it was announced WrestleMania 28 is going to be in Miami I thought they may be planting seeds for long term booking toward Cena-Rock happening then. I never thought they'd make the match official at this stage. Its a really risky move but I'm intrigued by it and excited by the fact they're planning things so far in advance now, wrestling works better that way.

The booking thus far isn't how I'd have done things personally if I'd have been booking things knowing we'd be setting up a match for the next 'Mania I wouldn't have had any physical interaction between the two just yet. I'd have kept things boiling over on the verbal side of things, had Rock introduce the WWE title match and claim he's going to give himself a close up view of this one as he's got a particular interest in it. Not intentionally getting involved but being enough of a distraction for Cena that he throws him off his game and Cena loses. Mania ends with Cena and Rock stare-out making it clear there's more to come. Then The Rock appears again at Summerslam and fire is re-lit and they have their first physical altercation there! But that's not with the idea of announcing it a year prior. The fact that they are is interesting and makes me curious about what lies ahead for the next year and especially with how Cena will be handled because it surely has to a different approach.

While I agree with my boy PMDW that there's too much negativity on here lately (Lawz and Vito are just killing me) I will admit that Cena really annoyed me in his promo. The man has just been screwed out of the title in the main event of the biggest show of the year and.... who cares? It's all good. Lots of smiles and one-liners. I'm sure it's not him. I'm sure it's the writers and I'm sure they don't think that wins and losses mean anything anymore but for fuck sake man, show some anger.

Also don't think they should have shaken hands but that's a minor issue.

I happen to enjoy complaining about wrestling though.

Y'know, I'd love to watch a wrestling event and not find a single thing to complain about, unfortunately wrestling these days is stale, predictable and has the bizarre ability to time after time take "can't fail" ideas and storylines and sabotage them. Until wrestling pulls itself out of the quagmire its currently in I'm going to entertain myself by complaining about it. If you don't like it, utilize the handy block function, I really couldn't care less because my opinions are no more or less valid than anyone elses here.

especially with how Cena will be handled

I dunno about storywise, but in-ring wise Cena's matches will now become very boring (if you dont already find them as such) as nobody will be allowed to take any risks, and I'd hate to be the fucker that injurys him, you can say Black Balled 4 life! lol.

I think they will shove him into a Tag Team program, that will help keep him safe and he can come in do some punches and land the AA and thats it.

Dont know what they can do with Rock because he's not there.

First post. I'm excited to see how this goes. The last slow burning year long feud like this was Sting and Hogan. Look how that played out. Hope springs eternal :)

Starcade 97? I dont think WWE want that, I will agree with the build up to it, but Sting was around to help build it up, The Rock on the other hand is not.

I dont think fans are fickle, the match could have happened at Summer Slam, and I think people would be ok with that, thats what 3or4months away, but a whole year?

After Ive already seen them diss each other for a month, give each other trademark finishers, and then say they respect each other and then shake hands, team up for a while to beat some random jobbers, that doesnt sound like Sting/Hogan at all.

You give us all that and say the match is next year, if none of the above had happened, I dont think I would have a problem waiting to see it, but it has happened, its just silly to announce it now, when it is clearly going to overshadow anything else they do till then.

• Paid Members
I happen to enjoy complaining about wrestling though.

Y'know, I'd love to watch a wrestling event and not find a single thing to complain about, unfortunately wrestling these days is stale, predictable and has the bizarre ability to time after time take "can't fail" ideas and storylines and sabotage them. Until wrestling pulls itself out of the quagmire its currently in I'm going to entertain myself by complaining about it. If you don't like it, utilize the handy block function, I really couldn't care less because my opinions are no more or less valid than anyone elses here.

Try going to the Wrestlecrap forums then, you'll fit right in.

I don't care about how long we have to wait, or if the feud loses steam, or if Cena keeps losing titles yet runs down the ramp grinning from ear to ear. I'm going to my first Wrestlemania to see John Cena vs. The Rock. Fuck yes!

Archived