Post-Mania RAW Discussion thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

JR's in love with the business and doesnt want to leave WWE. They know this and have a laugh at his expense. WWE doesnt seem to like loyalty. They are desperate to get all the stars that fucked off on them, but the ones who stay loyal for years seem to be treat with the attitude as if they are asking for it. Poor Howard Finkle's car got smashed to fuck in an angle involving Mr.Perfect and Shawn Michaels years ago without Finkle knowing it was coming and he has been ribbed harshly for years and years. Its obvious JR does what he's told. There have been many examples where they have treated him rotten over the years just for a good laugh. Like the time the DX Fat Bloke soaked him in champagne without him knowing and JR had to travel in those same clothes and even got bollocked (yes the poor cunt got bollocked) for wearing "those clothes" on "the bosses plane". Its obviously not crystal clear that he does whatever he wants, because he's not on TV anymore, even though he wants to be. The Observer has a writers week where they interview former WWE writers, and the one thing that remains consistant in all their stories is that Kevin Dunne, Brian Gewertz and Vince McMahon piss themselves when something fucks up for JR.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand the mindset behind this whole "WWE treat JR like shit" thing; considering how long he's been there, the position he's in, the presence he has, and so on, it's clear as crystal to me that he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do. If there's a "humiliation", who's to say JR isn't doing it for shits and giggles himself?

Yeah, I reckon JR thought "Hey Vince, what a great idea you've had with deciding to show my colon surgery and having things pulled out of my anus such as a model of Stone Cold. Blimey, that will be a right laugh."

I think that Miz/Austin thing was just to promote Tough Enough, I think stone cold is long done in actual wrestling.

I'm sure Austin's said in recent interviews that his health is now very good and he feels comfortable that he could come back for one more match.

In regards to promoting a match a year in advance, to me that just seems stupid. Something will fall apart or it will just turn stale. Makes the Rock seem like a pussy too.

Cena: I'm tired of talking, if you want to fight, bring it.

Rock: You're on........ In one years time! (cue zero crowd reaction).

I really don't see how they can sustain peoples interest in Cena/Rock for the next twelve months. When The Corre came out I thought they were going to do a proper sustained beatdown on both Rocky and Cena in order to give them a reason to get them off television for a while.

Last week during the HBK/HHH/Undertaker segment HHH asked Shawn to explain why Hunter "had to defeat Undertaker, no matter what" only for Shawn to walk away leaving HHH looking pissed off and Undertaker smirking. Was this ever explained or resolved?

I really don't see how they can sustain peoples interest in Cena/Rock for the next twelve months. When The Corre came out I thought they were going to do a proper sustained beatdown on both Rocky and Cena in order to give them a reason to get them off television for a while.

Last week during the HBK/HHH/Undertaker segment HHH asked Shawn to explain why Hunter "had to defeat Undertaker, no matter what" only for Shawn to walk away leaving HHH looking pissed off and Undertaker smirking. Was this ever explained or resolved?

Wasnt it that shawn didnt belive that trip h could beat taker and didnt have the nerve to tell him so he walked off saying im sorry

(Ebb @ Apr 5 2011, 16:43)

i thought the Rock/Cena thing was great up until the rock mentioned 'Wrestlemania 28', then it just fell flat....everyone wanted it last night, it was a like massive tease with no payoff.

Yeah because it's would be a good business decision to give Cena vs Rock, currently the most anticipated match, away for free on television without a hyped announcement instead of making money from it on ppv...

Look how great it turned out for WCW when they decided to give away the Title Match between Hogan and Goldberg away for free on Nitro..

Thats's a very good point. If the WWE had given away this match for free (as well as un-advertised) it would have been slautered by everybody for giving away millions of dollars in PPV money.

However, the Rock shaking Cena's hand was just dumb. For weeks the Rock has stated that he cannot stand Cena, that Cena is not in his league. He's a cartoon charector that only kids under 5 like! Then, he announces on the RAW the night after Wrestlemania, when he has screwed Cena out of the World title (and I'll get to how Cena reacted to that on RAW later) that both him and Cena are alot alike. That he resepcts Cena! Then they shake fucking hands! Wrong time wrong place and the crowd totally shit on this! Then they band together to dispose of the jobbers that are the Core!! The Rock should have left Cena laying and simply said, see you at WM28, I'll be ready, I hope you will too!!

Now, lets get down to how Cena reacts to losing his shot at the World Title at the on the biggest show of the year. This fucking plank comes out on RAW after what was supposed to be a shot he had went through the Rumble to try and get, then subjected himself to the brutality of Elimination Chamber to finally get the match. Does he come out angry that he was robbed! Is he devasted that his shot has gone! No, this dip-shit comes out smiling and starts cracking jokes treating the title like its totally un-important, it doesn't matter to him! If it means so little why the fuck did he put himself through so much to get the bloody shot! He should have come out, fired a slavo against the Rock, demanded a cage match at Exteme Rules and called out the Rock. This man is a fucking clown! If he doesn't care, why should I. Why should I pay good money to see a title match, when the bloke challenging for the title doesn't give a fuck about!!

Wasnt it that shawn didnt belive that trip h could beat taker and didnt have the nerve to tell him so he walked off saying im sorry

It was, I thought that segment really sold the match.

In an outdoor stadium that has no roof whatsoever?

WWE has a massive scaffold roof for outdoor stadiums, so the wrestlers dont get pissed on if it rains. They could get the Hell in a Cell on that if they wanted.

wrestlemania-xxiv.jpg

True but still it'd take a far stronger & much bigger structure than the one they used at WM24.

I don't think it was a good idea to have their latest acquisition attempt to leap over the top rope like that, luckily he managed to save it without making it look too bad but it could have gone so much worse. Imagine if he'd fallen flat on his face, or even injured himself. I wouldn't be surprised if they never attempt to do that kind of ring entrance again.

Archived